[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I installed W10 fresh on a new SSD as my boot drive. After this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (4KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 299x168px
I installed W10 fresh on a new SSD as my boot drive. After this I tried adding a new additional SSD forextra storage later on but Windows did not recognise it. Somehow in disk management I thought I'd actually managed to add the additional SSD and it showed up as (E) as having only 500MB of space (the drive is actually a samsung EVO 850 500GB model).
After removing that drive and booting up again, the E drive is still showing. I've realised now that I've actually created an additional partition.
So now I have Disk 0 and CD Rom 0.
Disk 0 reads as Games Disk (E) with 500MB and (C) with however much space it had to begin with. Both are NTFS.
This is annoying me, not only because my new SSD wasn't showing up but because I have an annoying partition that shows up in explorer like a regular drive. How can I remove that annoying new partition?
What should I do? I've tried formatting the new partition and windows refuses to do it. I'm running Windows 10 Home. It's the full retail version, not OEM. Should I just do a clean reinstall again, wipe it all off and be more careful next time? I've not done much with the system since I started it up in the last hour or so
>>
yeah just re install it again and you may want to check of the ass isn't faulty in anyway (can't put files on it/can't take files off it)
>>
>>55655097
>of the ass
I meant if the ssd
>>
>>55655097
>you may want to check of the ass isn't faulty in anyway
What do you mean by ass? You mean ssd?
How would I check that? and if it's faulty can I send it off to the manufacturer and get it replaced?
>>
>>55655126
refund it if you still have the receipt and ask if you can test a new SSD or the same one in-store if you bought it online ur screwed
>>
>>55655126
I couldn't even pick it up in disk management where it should have shown up as unallocated data or something
>>
>>55655156
don'r know if I can get another one for testing. It was the last one in the shop. I'm sure it's fine, I just fucked up somewhere
>>
>>55655189
try re installing it and formatting the drive, if it won't format, the drive may be fucked up somehow
>>
>>55655206
Let me reclarify something.
the drive I'm using as a boot drive is fine but has a stupid additional partition.
I can't format the other 500gb drive if it doesn't even show up in disk management. so is it fucked or am I just not looking hard enough?
>>
>>55655241
the only way of deleting partition I know of is I'm the windows installation, sorry if I'm not that much of a help, generally if you can't format a drive it's usually fucked
>>
Right click on the Start menu

Select Disk Management.

Right-click on the drive letter you want to delete and select Delete Volume.

The partition will be deleted and the new free space will be unallocated.

you can't delete SYSTEM partitions as they are protected

1 minute of google
>>
Just delete the partition and create a new one using the entire disk this time clown, wtf?
>>
>>55655284
I'm back up. I can still see the 500MB partition in disk management but it's unallocated so it's not showing up as another drive. So I won't tempt it again. I'm leaving that alone.
I'm just left with finding out how to get the additional drive to be recognised.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.