[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm running a CentOS server and would like to have users

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: baie_server.jpg (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
baie_server.jpg
100KB, 800x600px
I'm running a CentOS server and would like to have users be able to optionally login into QEMU virtualized Windows clients using the QEMU vnc display (for matlab--it runs better on windows for whatever reason) using a vnc client.

I'm struggling with the best way to do this--should I trigger QEMU to boot the Windows virtual machine upon login (pass the -t ssh flag with the qemu command) or should I actually have the user connect to the windows qemu client via its vnc server? Is there a way to choose which vnc display is accessed when the user logs in -- either to the native tigervnc centos display or to the qemu Windows VM? Would I need to pass a command to trigger the windows VM to boot up and then subsequently connect to the qemu vnc display? Is there a seamless way to handle this from the user standpoint?

Or is there a better way X-Y way to achieve this that I'm not thinking about (X11 forwarding--although that would require the windows user to install xming)?

I'm also worried about having too many VMs running at once since the CPU is a 12-core Xeon and I'd be assigning 4 cores or more to the VM. Is there a way to let the user decide how many cores to boot the VM with and only assign them if it's available (i.e. job control but with virtual machines).
>>
>>55654577
>windows
end your life
>>
>>55654609
this is why I keep coming back
>>
>>55654577
OP here -- been looking into SPICE instead of VNC? Is this a good option?
>>
>>55654577
spice is working good
>>
>>55654958
does it support key encryption or do I need to tunnel over ssh?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.