[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightning and Bluetooth are the future of audio. Apple's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Lightning cable_ source apple.png (81KB, 546x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning cable_ source apple.png
81KB, 546x310px
Lightning and Bluetooth are the future of audio. Apple's decision to remove the outdated 3.5mm standard is progressive and will ultimately lead to a better experience for all of us. Imagine this scenario:

You have a large speaker and your room and a pair of earbuds. You often switch between these two.

Scenario 1: All of your media devices use the current 3.5mm analog standard. When switching between different audio outputs, the relative volume will change drastically in a difficult to predict way. For example, when you switch from speaker to earbuds, your ears may get blasted for a moment because the combination of your phone's internal volume setting and your earbuds' power, which is different from the power of the speaker. This is not an ideal scenario.

Scenario 2: All media devices use the same standard. This allows all ports used be used for data transfer, video, audio, power. This in itself is very convenient. In this scenario, the two audio devices can "speak" using the phone as a mediator. For example, from switching from speaker to earbuds the following data transaction may happen:

>Speaker sends current power usage to phone.
>User removes speaker connection (or disconnects via bluetooth)
>Phone calculates the relative volume of the speakers, compared to an audio standard
>User plugs in earbuds
>Earbuds send phone their relative power usage
>Phone calculates the proper internal volume settings such that a user hears both at the same real volume from a "relative" distance which the device also sends the phone. This distance would identify the distance from which a user would hear a standard decibel (a small distance for small devices, a large one for large devices).

I'm sure we all can agree the second scenario is better.
>>
Earbuds are the second scenario... Not sure if you're trolling, but dude.. Shh.
>>
usb type-c
>>
>>55652820
> future of audio
> still no Opus support
>>
>>55652820
>applel in charge of respecting a standard
>2008+8 still can't bluetooth
>>
anyone who cares about audio isn't going anywhere near wireless (yet?). ad/da is trusty
>>
>>55652820
Fuck off iPajeet.
>>
is this really that big deal?
>>
>>55652820
I'm still not buying an iphone 7.
>>
Imagine this scenario OP: you own some good headphones you can use on your laptop, desktop computer, phone, tablet, and whatever electronic device that outputs audio. Now you buy an iPhone 7 and you can't use them without some adapter. And if you buy Lighting headphones you can't use them anywhere else.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.