[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Slightly more productive than pokemon go" edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Pro:g:ramming Inverted.png (550KB, 1450x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Pro:g:ramming Inverted.png
550KB, 1450x1080px
"Slightly more productive than pokemon go" edition

RULES:

Pick a challenge between 0-99, do it as quickly as possible and make your code as small and efficient as you can in the language of your choosing. Post code when you're done!

And don't forget, Have fun!
===========================
Other links:
V1.4(Pretty much 2.0, but with a few different challenges)
http://www.mediafire.com/view/qaduzz1a83zu4j1/Programming_1.4.png
>>
>>55650697
was looking at the list, very intrested in 08, currency converter.
sounds easy except that i dont know how to make a program fetch data from the internet and asign it to a variable.
can someone help?
in c++ please
>>
>>55650984
Lol, I'm having the exact same problem (in C++, no less!)

I've tried researching a bit, but the most I've found is that you need to use something called "Sockets" to retrieve data from the internet
>>
>>55651067
cool, im starting my second semester of information systems engineering today, might ask a programming professor for some help
>>
>>55651146
Awesome! I'll ask around in the dpt and sqt, and see how to do it... Good luck!
>>
What is 06: tornado text/image?
>>
>>55651420
Absolutely no idea... If I had to guess, it'd be placing text in a tornado shape

sort of
thi
s?

Or maybe it's derivative of VerticalPosting
>>
>>55650697
Rollin'
>>
>>55652865
It says g's speciality, but I have been asking for weeks, if not months, and it seems no body knows...
>>
>>55653128
Alright... I can just remove that and replace it with something else...

It's weird nobody knows what it is yet it's been on several "Pro/g/ramming Challenge" images, though
>>
>>55650697
Trust /g/ to push smallness and speed over maintainability and readability. Typical.
>>
>>55650984
>>55651067
It's silly to do something like that in a language like C++. That's what your more feature rich, larger languages are for, since efficiency is redundant here anyway.
>>
>>55653307
What language would you recommend? Javascript, perhaps? (I have like zero experience with scripting languages)
>>
>>55653325
Probably a more conventional high level one like Java or Python. Python has a really nice HTTP library that keeps things really simple, so I'd potentially go with that.

I honestly prefer C-like languages, but working at a high level performing complex interactions like that, you're better going for something high level. There is basically no advantage to using an efficient language like C or C++ when you're moving medium-large amounts of data over a likely non-industrial grade network connection.
>>
>>55653325
If you can write decent C++, you can write passable Python in a matter of hours.
>>
>>55653621
>>55653597

Thanks! Funnily enough, I was thinking of picking up "Automate the Boring Stuff with Python" this summer! Good to know it has a lot of uses!
>>
dfdfssffdfedfdf
>>
>>55653922
>>55653922
It's quite good. That's what I find it best for - automation. And always happy to help a nigga out. You'll come to absolutely love the little things like a standard library that actually has things in it.
>>
>>55653256
And on 2.0 it says text/image and 3.0 in pretty sure it says test/image... I don't have it in front of me to confirm, but I remember noticing it. Maybe it's time for a 4.0
>>
File: Pro:g:ramming 3.0WithDifficulty.png (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Pro:g:ramming 3.0WithDifficulty.png
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>55654411
Here's 3.0 (I've been adding difficulty colors to it)
>>
>>55654515
29 tornado TEST/image... Looks good though, I dig the colours
>>
>>55654599
Thanks! I've been thinking of starting some threads for version 3.0's difficulty

I'm still a bit confused... What's a tornado test?
>>
>>55654698
Literally no idea, we have now gone full circle

>>55651420
>>
File: 1432505140202.png (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432505140202.png
146KB, 1920x1080px
>>55650697
Rolling with pic unrelated.
>>
>>55650697
let's give it a try
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.