[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I going deaf or are my headphones getting quieter? Last year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Am I going deaf or are my headphones getting quieter? Last year I needed the volume at around 20 now I need it at 60... my hearing hasn't deteriorated that much r-right?
>>
It's probably not your headphones but whatever it is that's outputting the sound that's getting weaker.
>>
>>55644925
>>55643173
that'd be my guess.
get an amp, and a decibel meter to stop the paranoia.
>>
>>55643173

It could be a tumor.
>>
>>55643173
No, that's pretty characteristic of having volume too loud and inducing hearing loss. It's very easy to do that to yourself with closed ear headphones.
>>
File: 10189275.jpg (64KB, 504x339px) Image search: [Google]
10189275.jpg
64KB, 504x339px
>>55645445
how the fuck do i reverse this damage
>>
>>55645472
You can't, you'll have it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>55645472
Ear damage is irreversible.
>mfw when I had a friend who think it's not manly to turn the volume down
>damaged his hearing
>>
>>55645472
Hearing loss is irreversible. Good job, faggot. if you're really worried, go to the doctor and have hearing test.
>>
I don' know anon. Is it happening irl as well?
>>
>>55645504
no I hear just fine in real life just music and films I need at about 40 - 60.
>>
Well, do you occasionally hear a buzzing/high pitched "ring" that isn't actually there? That's tinnitus, and IIRC is a sign of damaged hearing.
>>
>>55645514
nah don't have that
>>
>>55645525
Starting to sound like you fucked up your sound settings somewhere, then....
>>
>>55645514
(Not op)
I got that but i can hear everything fine

In situation where its all quiet i can hear this constant sound shit
>>
Your lossy mp3s
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 400x455px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 400x455px
OP, check out every volume bar you can from all your software. Check if pic related is disabled (especially if you use Skype). Check if the sound driver is working as "headphones" and not as "speakers" (usually, using it as headphones activates an amp wich gives a volume boost).
>>
>>55645599
I've got it too, my hearing isn't bad, but I definitely damaged it at some point. I've had it for at least a decade and never mentioned it to my doctor. Here's a quick copy pasta about it "Tinnitus isn't a condition itself — it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.

Although bothersome, tinnitus usually isn't a sign of something serious. Although it can worsen with age, for many people, tinnitus can improve with treatment. Treating an identified underlying cause sometimes helps. Other treatments reduce or mask the noise, making tinnitus less noticeable."

inb4formatting that shit
>>
I notice for films I need the volume at like 80 but for music I need it at around 30. probably just the way the way it's mastered though. youtube is a whole other thing it's fluctautes so much
>>
>>55645673
Check if your movie player has options to put the volume over its "100%". Youtube is dependent on the upload and flakey as fuck.
>>
>>55645645
My tinnitus improved a lot when I switched from the Beyerdynamic DT880's to the Sennheiser HD 600's.

>>55645673
Almost all the music produced nowadays is absurdly loud. You can use replaygain to normalize all your music library.
>>
>>55645755
I've been using Senn Urbanite XLs for a while and find myself listening too loud because they can handle it. Just got some Senn HD 598s and I'm honestly not sure which set of cans I like more....
>>
>>55645514
tinnitus isn't always a sign of damaged hearing

Some people just have tinnitus from the get go for seemingly no reason, it can be just "noise" in the connecton
>>
>>55645673
>I notice for films I need the volume at like 80 but for music I need it at around 30

Because most films are in 5.1 and most video player software downmixes it to stereo poorly or just goes "fuck you" and ouputs only L and R while the loud is at the center.
>>
It's possible you have wax buildup in your ear, especially if you wear headphones for extended periods of time chronically. You can see a doctor who will flush your ears.
>>
I noticed on one of my ears, there's popping when I scratch at it. I also get a lot of ear infections for some reason
>>
>>55645755
really? had tinnitus for a few years now, it sucks. will look into the HD 600.
>>
>>55643173
That's what happens when you blast EDM and Nigger-Hop through your head at max volume: ASMR and ambient white master race reporting in.
I have the same hp of the OP tho, good cans
>>
>>55647090
I listen to death industrial and I have tinnitus
>>
>>55647161
No u have daddy issues and alcohol pre-natal syndrome fâm :^)
>>
File: 6756756.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
6756756.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>55647178
say that to my face
>>
I played drums for a year with no hearing protection and my tinnitus from it went away except in super quiet environments. Disappointed that I can't blast metal through my headphones anymore, won't risk it. A good starting point is to go from quiet to loud, that way you can feel the sound go from decent to piercing. Hurt my enjoyment of music, could listen for hours straight, now I get ear fatigue and wish I could feel silence.
>>
>>55646982

Assuming you wear headphones a lot that's probably why you get ear infections.

If you're prone to them and you wear headphones you'll get them all the time.

source: prone to ear infections and whenever i wear my headphones a lot my ear ends up with an infection like right now (plus a quick google will tell you this)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.