[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new mouse, /g/. My last beauty, an MS Intellimouse 3.0,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: imageback.png (36KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
imageback.png
36KB, 300x100px
I need a new mouse, /g/. My last beauty, an MS Intellimouse 3.0, finally bit the dust - right click button now has spotty actuation behavior and I fear I cannot repair it.

What mouse should I get? Gaming and possibly also scanning. Should have back/forward thumb buttons, preferably over 1200dpi.
>>
Resolder a new button, you dog shit. How hard can it be, even for your spastic ass?
>>
g502 if you want a gaymin mouse, g700s or logitech mx if you want an ergonomic mouse that is fine for any non-competitive gaymes
>>
I use g300s, it's kinda light and I can really move my hand fast and precise with it.
>>
>>55633178
>1200 dpi
Unless you use like 5cm/360 there's no point to such a high DPI.
>>
File: 41uc8ssf62L._SY355_.jpg (15KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
41uc8ssf62L._SY355_.jpg
15KB, 355x355px
Elecom trackball are the best input devices anon. Buy that especially if you game.
>>
>>55633192
I'm not spastic, and I don't know how to do that repair. If you can teach me how I totally will, I loved that thing.

>>55633251
I thought that was kinda the low end of the DPI scale, honestly. Anyway, I figure a number like that allows me to turn it down if need be, yes? Educate me on DPI.

>>55633273
Is that... a mouse with a trackball on it?
>>
File: M-DT1DRBK_02k.jpg (52KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
M-DT1DRBK_02k.jpg
52KB, 400x400px
>>55633288
No...it's a thumb operated trackball. Here is a finger operated one. They have on the fly speed and sensitivity settings and extra "speed buttons" for additional control (think FPS sniping for example).

Extremely accurate and better on your wrist long term. They also have a shitload of buttons so that helps.

But not a mouse...you only move the ball not the device itself. Its far better.
>>
>>55633363
I have a trackball device, can't seem to get used to it. How long does it take to get used to it?
>>
File: mbank271202_w1400_h1400.jpg (128KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
mbank271202_w1400_h1400.jpg
128KB, 1400x1400px
>>55633373
Few days generally. I mostly use mine for shit like STALKER, fallout and such. If ya can't get used to one kind maybe try another as they do come in finger or thumb config.

Or ya know just get a mouse. Me personally I do better with trackball and mice annoy me these days...I always find I mis that minute control...and the ability to just fling the shit out of the ball if I need to.

Mice require more room and you have to move them back when it starts button the edge of the desk and shit. That shit bugs me. But to each their own.
>>
>>55633453
What I'm thinking is that maybe I'll use both. I have some software that lets me have two mouse pointers on screen, one being controlled by one device, one by another... I could theoretically have the best of both worlds, if I could convince myself to get used to it.
>>
lmao these shitty recommandations.
get whatever zowie mice fits your hand best
fk2 for big hands, ec2-a / ec1-a for small ones
>>
>>55633706
dang that shit's expensive bro. is there a good used market?
>>
>>55633794
>that shit is expensive
Are you poor or do you live in the UK?
They are mostly around 50$-60$ which is pretty cheap for a gayming mouse.
>>
>>55633848
I am poor.
>>
>>55633923
Ask on /g/'s chink shit general. Mice usually are way marked up and the Chinese sell some decent mice for cheap. The autists over there would know a bargain.
>>
>>55633706

How is the Zowie AM?

Never see them mentioned, yet its cheap enough that I would consider buying one.
>>
>>55633959
thx
>>
>>55633248
Mine died after 2 months!
>>
>>55633545
Well for gaming my preferred setup for an fps is...trackball for right hand and ambidextrous joystick for left hand. Sounds weird but works amazingly. Try that.
>>
>>55633178
A4Tech X7 series. Had X7 705K for 3 - 4 years and recently scroll started spazzing out. About 20 pounds on ebay, decent sensors if you avoid Vtrack versions, comfy for palm grip, side buttons, programmable macros. Good deal in my book.
>>
>>55634295

looks like a great layout, shame it appears to have glue-on grips though. Those always come off under the prolonged pressure of my masturbation-fueled death grip.
>>
>>55634457
I dunno about that, mine had single big thumb button and no additional grips, though I did not hear complaints about that anywhere.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (251KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
251KB, 1600x1600px
is it worth it buying hardware from ebay now that the pound has felt down ?
i saw pic related for just 24€ (20 pounds)
its supposedly the "PC BANG" (cybercafe) version that doesnt have lights
>>
what made the intellimouse 3.0 such a great mouse, anyway?
>>
>>55635002
Flawless sensor. Slow, but flawless.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160713.png (114KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160713.png
114KB, 960x800px
>>
>>55636882
so mionix is a good bet too? I was liking the look of those...
>>
>>55633288
open mouse, desolder problematic button, check info on the button, buy a replacement button online or use button from a corpse mouse, resolder it back on the board. there are a lot of detailed instructions online. google it, motherfucker.
>>
>>55637150
Or I just spend 30 and get a used intellimouse... yeah, easier.
>>
>>55636882

There`s more to a mouse than a sensor though. Don`t most mice behave differently even though they have identical sensors?
>>
If you're planning on buying Logitech you might as well use your keyboard as your mouse.
>>
>>55633178
My MX518 is still going strong after 7 years. But if it does die anytime soon should I upgrade to the G502 (looks strange, like holding it would cut me) or something like the g500s/g700 which seem similar to the mx518 in build.
>>
>>55637955
>MX518
I'm actually currently using an old MX518 as my stand-in until I can find a better solution. I'm happy with it so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>55634983
I have the rival 300 and it is pretty nice and full. I assume the 100 is probably just as nice.
>>
Don't fall for the fucking steel series meme. I had a rival raw and it fell apart in under 4 months

>rubber begins wearing off/falling all over the plaace
>scroll wheel registers multiple inputs
>side button registers multiple actuation despite only being hit once
>double left clicking

seriously every single thing that could go wrong fucking did.
>>
>>55633453

trackball are really good but it's an acquired taste.

You will like it or not, there is no middle point. I tried because my mouse broke and some friend gave me one as a present (it was a joke actually). I used it and ended liking it.

The trackbal is a Logitech Marble, after some tweaks in Ubuntu and Windows it works great with games and everyday use. In Windows I have some problem with the middle mouse emulation but I found some workarounds. In Linux you can make it do whatever you want however you want.

tl;dr: If you can get another Intelligence Mouse, get it or try a gaming mouse.
>>
>>55638231
i hope so! ordered it coming for 24-29th of this month, quite a while for being so close desu
also did you paint the mouse on the right yourself?
>>
>>55640046
Yeah, I used a color-shift paint for the base and used paint markers and masking tape for the design.

1 wired mouse(Steelseries) and 1 wireless one(painted one).

Good enough combo for me until I get the MX master.

BTW the other mouse is a wireless Gateway mouse. Nothing special but its size. Feels nice in the hand.

Enjoy your purchase!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.