[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this piece of shit the only thing ever made with open source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Is this piece of shit the only thing ever made with open source software? I feel like puking every single time I open anything related to open source software because that's always the only example they have to show.
>>
>>55602799
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blender_(software)#Open_projects
“Cosmos Laundromat” short is impressive to me.
>>
File: 21.png (692KB, 965x538px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
692KB, 965x538px
yeah watch the new one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-rmzh0PI3c
>>
>>55602799
>>55603278
And here's a screen cap of all open projects officially endorsed by the Blender project.
>>
>>55604506
so shit nobody cares about
>>
>>55604534
Atleast it has more views than your thread
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468695850825.webm
>>
File: 1466734929226.jpg (183KB, 460x1321px)
1466734929226.jpg
183KB, 460x1321px
Holy fuck, why are some people so buttblasted about something and then they have to whine about it on the internet.
Now I know how NEETs spend their time.
>>
>>55603701
I just quickly fast forwarded. Is the premise "suicided sheep goes on an acid trip?"

Not a great premise imo
>>
>>55604606
rekt
>>
>>55604685
I was about to say WHAT since it had audio but

then I realized it was just a crosslink
>>
>>55604606
#BTFO
>>
>>55604606
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>55603701
The visuals in this are surprisingly amazing. Like probably the best I've seen.
>>
>>55602799
>Is this piece of shit the only thing ever made with open source software?
You're confusing “made with open source software” and “is an open movie”.

BBB is used everywhere (in fact, I'm guilty of it myself) because it's an open movie - you can use its scenes to make derivative works.

In my case, another reason I picked BBB for me source material, apart from its licensing:

- It's available in a wide variety of refresh rates and resolutions
- It's available in a wide variety of colorspaces and encodings

This property allows you to make, for example, direct comparisons between 24 Hz and 60 Hz versions of the same source material (which is what I did).

That said, one of the things that BBB is still missing is a good BT.2020/HDR version. That will still have to wait, it seems.
>>
>>55605133
The only other one that I think is worth noting is Tears of Steel, because it's the only one to be shot with a camera instead of being rendered. Not just any camera, but a Sony F65 (one of the most advanced digital cameras of its time).

This makes its source material pretty much the only open-source example of native Sony F65 camera footage in existence, which I've personally used to run experiments comparing colorspaces and encodings.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.