[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made the mistake of putting in a cheap rosewill piece of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 002[1].jpg (46KB, 450x285px) Image search: [Google]
002[1].jpg
46KB, 450x285px
I made the mistake of putting in a cheap rosewill piece of shit wifi adapter in my new build and its internet speed is less than 1Mbps. Meanwhile my laptop can get well above 50Mbps which is the correct internet speed for my plan.

I've heard good things about the intel wifi chipsets.

What would you guys recommend for a good PCIE wifi adapter?
>>
File: 1466822403538.jpg (361KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466822403538.jpg
361KB, 800x600px
i heard CAT5e is a decent option
>>
>>55597599
I knew someone would say to just use ethernet.

I'd rather not go through the trouble of running wires through the walls and the attic considering my laptop gets the right speed over wifi.
>>
>>55597589
>Desktop
>Not 1Gbps Ethernet

What are you doing?
>>
Try actually researching the different wireless standards and getting a card that is compatible with the fastest standard your router supports. This will work better then buying random cheap shit cards and hoping that they work.
>>
>>55597612
>I'd rather not go through the trouble of running wires through the walls and the attic considering my laptop gets the right speed over wifi.

Stop being a lazy fuck.
>>
>>55597589
I have that adapter, works well and comes with Bluetooth.
>>
>>55597663
Reeeeeeeee
>>
>>55597663
Thank you, finally a productive answer.
>>
File: TL-WDN4800-02.jpg (92KB, 590x443px) Image search: [Google]
TL-WDN4800-02.jpg
92KB, 590x443px
>>55597589
I use pic related since it had good Amazon reviews and it was completely plug-and-play on Linux. It's breddy fast.
>>
>>55597589
>>55597663
Use the same adapter at work, great signal even with shitty at&t provider. It's overkill for our application, it's AC and bluetooth which we'll never use.

Actually had to replace it today, one of my kouhais accidentally broke the connectors off the old one. Tech guy from corporate came by a few hours later, "hey buddy I'm here to replace the wifi card in p60" "been there done that, sorry about yer drive champ"
>>
>>55597589
Wifi is fundamentally unable to provide a strong connection due to the simple physics of radio signals. It's for cell phones and facebook laptops. Desktop computers need to be wired up.

Get off your lazy fucking arse and run that cable. If you can't drill through the walls (renting?), get some flat cable[1] and run it under carpet.

[1] I know flat CAT* is bad in terms of signal integrity, but it's a million times better than wifi.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.