[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>install openSUSE >fall in love with the gnome desktop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 4L_J2BVIZIb.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4L_J2BVIZIb.png
7KB, 400x400px
>install openSUSE
>fall in love with the gnome desktop design
>can't stand all the compatibility issues & unsupported programs
>forced to use Windows

The Windows design feels so boring and uncustomizable now,
what are the coolest Windows tweaks out there to make it more enjoyable and maybe even more like gnome?
>>
The coolest windows tweak it format C: and install gentoo.
>>
>>55575074
You can customize Windows however you want if you know what you're doing.
>>
Winaerotweaker
Ultimate Windows Tweaker
Startisback
Uxthemepatcher
Uxstyle
Debloat master folder from Github
Lewd animegirls

Or get bblean
>>
what in the absolute dick OP why would you use gnome on openSUSE, the KDE-integrated linux, defend your choices immediately
>>
>>55575708
Thanks a lot, this was what I was looking for!

>>55575724
I didn't actually know this, I've tried both KDE and gnome and gnome just felt better ya know
>>
>>55575724
Indeed.
>one of the few distributions that properly integrates KDE as a full-fledged experience
>use it for GNOME
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>55575074
>>forced to use Windows
Just like you're told to.
>>
>>55575074
Use Fedora

Leopold Tornado uses that too
>>
>>55575946
Mate is what you are looking for really. It's basically Gnome before the developers went crazy, and decided to ass-fuck Gnome into the ground.

Eventually you should try to discover the superiority that WMs are. Fluxbox is fucking godly, as every single thing about it can be easily customized, via simple text files. You can have the exact desktop you want, without a bunch of useless bloat.
>>
>>55575074
>can't stand all the compatibility issues & unsupported programs
bait / 10 (because i don't think you are that dumb)
>>
>>55576160
It is not a bait. That shit needs your fucking admin pass to print something.
>>
>>55575074
Anon, what the fuck? I switched to Windows just to get away from Gnome and its cancerous design.
>>
>>55575074
hey op dont give up. you should try kde on fedora now
>>
>>55575074
check bblean anon
>>
>>55576365

It would be a lot better if the window borders weren't gigantic. Also, does the latest gnome also make the folder icons 20x? Because that was insane. I'm happy with MATE nowadays.
>>
>>55575074

Nice try, lennart.
>>
>been using windows since 95
>Forced to use linux distros at times
>Hate it

Can we switch places? Both of us would be benefited
>>
>Forced to use free software.

Cool story.
>>
>>55575113
/bread

now delet dis
>>
>>55576776
>fall in love with systemd
>get an erection because of how thicc PID 1 is
>stroke dick to the nondeterministic rhythm of a systemd boot
>moan as I remember Gnome has a hard dependency on systemd
>cum while thinking about journald's binary log format
>clean up with all the tenderness of the built-in DNS resolver
>...
>switch to Windows because WMI gives me stronger orgasms
>>
File: cantflimflamthezimzam.gif (2MB, 311x223px) Image search: [Google]
cantflimflamthezimzam.gif
2MB, 311x223px
>>55577183
>>
>>55575724
GNOME 2 on openSUSE was pretty fucking great actually. Not sure how they fare today.
>>
>>55576034
Linus only uses his computer to recompile the kernel and shitpost on lkml, really.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.