[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a OnePlus One. There is a tiny shallow chip in the center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 41SmSfU3XCL._AC_US160_.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
41SmSfU3XCL._AC_US160_.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
I have a OnePlus One. There is a tiny shallow chip in the center of the phone but it does not affect the touchscreen. Can I use either superglue or windshield resin to fill it in and smooth it over with a razor blade before putting a protective cover on?

I do not want to try to replace the screen because I'd probably break it, and I do not want to send it for the cost of a new phone just to repair this + waiting 30 days.
>>
Every google search is only bringing me to how to disassemble and replace the lcd and digitizer. I don't want to do all that. I just want to fill in the shallow chip, smooth it out, and put a cover on it until the Note 7 comes out. Will resin or superglue make that area's touch screen unusable?
>>
>>55510716
Depends on how big the chip is.
>>
I think you'd be better off asking /diy/
>>
>>55510716
Yes. Just get a screen cover.
>>
>>55510844
Tiny and shallow. Only noticable because it's in the center of the phone. I can still use the area's touchscreen. I just don't know if I can use windshield resin to smooth over the chip before putting a screen on.
>>
>>55510940
You probably could, but if its tiny I doubt you'd lose touch sensitivity in that area.

As in you'd lose touch on that specific area where the resin will go on but if its tiny, you'll never notice it during normal use.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.