[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Haswell. Long time ago, I read on /g/ and other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Intel-Haswell-3.jpg (190KB, 900x701px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-Haswell-3.jpg
190KB, 900x701px
Tell me about Haswell.
Long time ago, I read on /g/ and other parts of the internet that Haswell as by design bullshit to overheat your cpu when time keeps going on.

Looks like the time has come and my pc is having a very high temp in idle (50ÂșC w/ 212 EVO).

What can I do to deter this if anything at all?
>>
Install the heat sink.
>>
>>55400851

are you high?
>>
Someone explain this to me. Why hasnt no one bought a shittong of i7-2600 or something like that in bulk and manually opened them under an electron microscobe to reverse engineer that shit?
>>
>>55400851
Clear the dust out of your heat sink you silly bugger.
>>
>>55402625
Why would you?
>>
>>55402643
So that I can enter x86 market which is dominated by intel and undercut their prices. Im sure reverse engineering it would also bring quite a lot of expertise alongside which would help me develop better x86 cpus in the future.
>>
>>55402663
Right well, that's stupid because you'd just reverse engineer the current processors. Not to mentions they would sue the fuck out of you.
>>
>>55402679
Current processors would be more compicated. Also nobody in china would care about intel trying to sue them. They could operate domestically and still make mad profits.
>>
>>55402761
Wow, you are clueless.
>>
The 4790k is the most overkill processor ever. I have 980 tis, and the CPU still doesn't bottleneck anything.

I don't even know why X99 even exists.
>>
>>55402774
>I have no idea so I will insult you instead
>>
>>55400851
is 50 C your idle temp or under load temp? I have an i5 haswell and under 100% with the same cooler you mentioned I'm averaging 55 C and my usual idle temp is 30-35 C.

I wouldn't get too worried unless your temps start skyrocketing to 80-90 for no apparent reason.
>>
>>55402811
It really isn't.

>encode 8min dashcam vid in high profile h264
>encodes at 30fps on i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz.

I really don't want to wait 10 minutes to encode 8min of video.
>>
>>55402959
Not him,, but you are a fucking retard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.