[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand the RAM. My motherboard supports 3866Mhz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: All.jpg (66KB, 650x379px) Image search: [Google]
All.jpg
66KB, 650x379px
I don't understand the RAM. My motherboard supports 3866Mhz of DDR4 (ASUS Z170-Pro), but my CPU (i7 6700K) only supports "DDR4-1866/2133"
So I bought a Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200Mhz.
I can use the 3200Mhz or I will only can use the 1866/2133 that my CPU can support?

I enable XMP and OC the memory but in CPU-Z it says that I only have one half of the Hz which I selected. If in XMP I select 3000Mhz in CPU-Z I only get 1500Mhz.

I don't understand how DDR4 works
>>
>>55340047
Google it, this isn't tech support.
>>
>>55340047
No, you clearly do not
>>
CPU to RAM clock can be asynchronous.

DDR means double data rate. For every real clock tick the RAM can transfer data in both directions which makes it double the click effectively.

This is explained by me, a total retard in his own layman terms, correct me it i'm wrong please.
>>
>>55340047
Stupid questions thread, and if your mobo isn't retarded (ASUS is usually good about this) it will just underclock the RAM to whatever speed your CPU can support.
>>
>>55340047
The supported speeds listed are for your CPU's memory controller, and what it will default to. It can use higher frequency memory, but you need to overclock the RAM to hit those speeds, you can't just put it in and have a 3200mhz kit boot to 3200mhz.

The memory speed supported by is less tangible, and has to do with the manufacturer's internal testing, and wire lengths to the socket. Don't worry about this one so much. If the CPU is stable then the rest of the board will be stable.

TL;DR is
You buy a 3200mhz kit and install it
the computer boots with the RAM clocked at 2133mhz
You have to go into bios and change the settings manually to 3200mhz

Its pretty simple actually

>>55340116
Nothing here is even remotely relevant to the OP. Just kill yourself.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.