[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As tech-literate, devs, programmers, and enthusiasts, how do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

As tech-literate, devs, programmers, and enthusiasts, how do you feel about videogames and TV shows that try to reach out to this crowd? Notably upcoming Watchdogs 2, Mr. Robot, and more.
>>
>>55332386
I've honestly never heard of Watchdogs.
Mr. Robot is fight club.
>>
>>55332477
https://youtu.be/hh9x4NqW0Dw
>>
They either fail or become tumblr tier bullshit
>>
>>55332511
>watch nogs
>>
File: Uplink[1].jpg (74KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Uplink[1].jpg
74KB, 1280x800px
>>55332386
>'Press X to Hack' Simulator 2
>reaching out to the "tech literate"
Uplink is hollywoodish but at least it's good
>>
>>55332511
>apt -cache search BlumeDB
>sudo -E apt-get install BlumeDB
>DELETE PROFILE DATA : [Y / N]
Now I know the secret hacker commands
>>
>>55332386
this will never happen.
>>
>>55333781
Uplink is the shit. Games are complicated...

Minecraft wasn't good because it was realistic but just the opposite. Uplink is good because it doesn't try super hard to emulate reality as much as it recreates the feeling of pulling off a tense job.

Introversion in general is worth looking into. God tier studio and a god tier game. Also it runs on linux and the source code ia available for something like 15 bucks
>>
They don't try to reach out to us, they try and succeed to reach out to posers who, for whatever weird reason, want to impersonate us aka >>>/v/.
>>
>>55332386
>nigger mc
dropped what I was never gonna buy anyways
>>
Watchdogs is fine so long as you suspend your disbelief a little. The protagonist is pretty much a script kiddy who needs help from real hackers.
>>
>>55332386
Fuck AAA games, they're forgettable garbage. They're not pandering to /g/, they're pandering to so-called "geeks" and "nerds" as depicted by the media and aped by a mainstream audience possessing the attention span of fleas.
>>
>>55332386

the don't try to reach out to this crowd, they're trying to reach out to millenials by giving them wet dreams of how cool it is to be a hacker and ''fight the system lol XD''

Or they talk about ''Muh minorities in tech'' and ''muh women in tech''
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.