[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do profile views have anything to do with "people you may

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

Do profile views have anything to do with "people you may know" suggestions on facebook?
>>
>>55080147
Yes
>>
>>55080147
your wife is cheating on you
>>
>>55080166
Fuck really?
>>
>>55080147
Who knows. I kind of doubt it, but I have no idea what they use to determine that. I'm constantly being bombarded with friend suggestions of 30-40 year old women who don't even live in my state and with whom I have no mutual friends.
>>
it does for the searcher, not for the one being searched.
>>
Yes, I've noticed this too. Also I think it may suggest people if you use the same wifi, for example at a bar
>>
>>55080217

I understand it showing profiles that I've viewed recently, but sometimes I've had some weird ones that I've never viewed (like a teacher I had in middle school) or haven't viewed in a long time
>>
>>55080299
maybe, i haven't used facebook for years.
>>
>>55080147
How socially close are they, from just a recent profile view to friends of friends or same place visiting.
>>
Yes it does, I have had suggested friends with zero mutuals after matching girls on tinder and them searching me
>>
>>55080178
Dubs speak the truth
>>
>>55080468
no mutual friends, from completely different areas. It's a girl I used to kinda see a while ago. Have not looked at her profile in a very long time because of feels. She recently started appearing as a suggestion
>>
yes it does

my ex showed up in my gf's people you may know even though my gf & i were not friends on fb and my ex lives on the other side of the country. my gf was stalking her.
>>
>>55080480
You do realize both the tinder app and both the facebook app has access to all your contacts in your phone, including email addresses and the fact that tinder uses faceboo login.
>>
I don't know but it's creepy as fuck to think that my old boss from I job I had 4 years ago (and hated severely) is looking me up.
>>
>>55080757
But muh Xprivacy though. I guess it could have datamined me before I rooted and installed Xposed.
>>
>>55080757
you can disable access to contacts (I think?)
>>
>>55080782
>>55081043
This does nothing though when all of your retarded friends grant every permission imaginable to every app they download and they have your contact info on their phones.

It doesn't really matter how careful you are, if your friends have you in their contact lists then it's safe to assume Google/FB/anyone else already has at least a name/number/email associated with you even if you take precautions with what apps you share info with.
>>
>>55080762
He's probably jacking off to your pics.
>>
File: 1461319668444.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
1461319668444.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>55080147
>2016
>still using NSABook
>>
>>55082266
how do you keep touch with your classmates?
>>
I'm pretty 100% sure they do

I saw this grill on my suggestions who I only knew by name but never searched her on Facebook, she was a qt barista does this mean she wants the D?
>>
>>55082305
She's probably just checking to see if you're a sex offender.
>>
>>55082266
this.
i just came here to see how many replies it take for a non-normie to post.
now i can sage this thread
>>
Probably.

I think >>55080260 is onto something too.
>>
File: 4L_WA01U5PP.jpg (264KB, 1422x841px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WA01U5PP.jpg
264KB, 1422x841px
>>55080147
>using kikebook in 2016
Why do you fags support mark kikerberg?
>>
>>55080299
Your friend/friend of friend recently became friends with teacher or was creeping on teacher. Or you live near them.
> I used to work for facebook
>>
>>55080299
>>55082493
Also other things like if you have phone numbers/email address in you contacts and you're close in the graph
>>
>>55082516
The phone number makes sense, but why would they only start to show now? I've had the number for over a year
>>
>>55082633
Literally tones of reasons. The teach recently was near you/you near them. Liked similar things. Recent mutual mutual friends. They just got fb or just added their number. Ect
>>
>>55082762
so what if it's a girl I used to text. we have literally no other mutual connections, no mutual locations. could she have been creeping? (if she has, i'd be inclined to add her)
>>
>>55082848
>used to text
FB literally knows that you and she texted.
>>
>>55082921
i'm guessing he used facebook on his phone and the mobile facebook will scan your text messages
>>
>>55082921
>>55082950
yes but we stopped a long time ago. and she never appeared anywhere on my fb... until now
>>
>>55080147
Probably. I tried looking up a friend once and found someone else with the same name, now that guy keeps showing up as a friend suggestion.
>>
>>55080147
Yes, mom wanted to know so she made me view a friend of her with no common friends with me and I showed up the next day as "people you may know" on her profile
>>
>>55082992

cont... so if she has been creeping I'm thinking maybe enough water has passed under the bridge and it would be alright to try and add her. but if she hasn't and it's random, it would be really weird and awkward for me to do so
>>
>>55082299
>wanting to keep in touch with people
>not changing your first/last name so they have a harder time finding you

>>55082373
Same here
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.