[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help guys. I'm building a new gaming PC right now. So f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: pc parts.jpg (261KB, 1093x856px) Image search: [Google]
pc parts.jpg
261KB, 1093x856px
Help guys. I'm building a new gaming PC right now. So far, this is what I've come up to keep it at sub ~$1,000 price. I've chosen the cheapest yet new-ish CPU (i5-4460) because I'm planning on keeping this for 4 years or more. Other components are the cheapest as possible without sacrificing system safety. GPU is vanilla GTX 970, which I heard is the minimum for VR (I might get into it in the future if it gets cheaper). Any suggestions is very much appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/h9JRBP
>>
>>55066852
wait to buy a RX480
>>
Get the Rx 480. Will perform at 980 levels, for $200, with low temps and power consumption. You just have to wait about 2 weeks.
>>
>>55066970
With that money you saved on the GPU, get a SSD. One of the best things you can buy for your PC.
>>
>>55066970
>>55066936
I haven't tried AMD cards before, but that sounds interesting.

>>55066988
I actually have an SSD right now, but it's showing signs of failing, so I made my HDD as my primary OS drive, and the SSD as data drive. It's slow at times, but it's tolerable. I miss the speed though. Also I download a lot, that's why I've decided I need the storage more than the speed right now haha.
>>
>>55066852
>still buying the 969.5 card
Why are gaymers such retards?
>>
Why would anyone use this nonfree garbage?
>>
>non-skylake
>noctua for the price where you can get a passive cooler with same performance
>5400rmp
>no ssd
>old gpu
>way too powerful psu
>windows 8

obvious bait
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (58KB, 938x930px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
58KB, 938x930px
>>55066852

A few bits of advice

1. Go ahead and get a hex core. It will benefit you in the long run.
2. You don't need to buy a Noctua. It is a name brand product with a name brand premium price. There are plenty of alternatives for half of the cost.
3. Buy a 1tb 7200rpm HGST hard drive for less cost and greater reliability.
4. Wait for RX 480 instead of buying GTX 970 now.
5. You do not need a gold certified power supply. Bronze is fine.
6. Do not pay for an optical drive unless you really need one. If you do, get it from a used PC parts place for five bucks, or from a tech oriented friend who will likely give it to your for free.
7. Find some other way to get legitimate Windows for cheaper. I'm sure you can do it, you're a smart guy.
8. Do not buy a keyboard. Get one for free from some person or place.
9. That mouse is too cheap. Pay about $10 and get a much nicer one.
>>
>>55068117
Would a 5820k be worth it over a 6700k at current prices? I can get a 6700k for $320 while a 5820k would be $390, is it actually worth the extra $70?
>>
>>55066852
>buying windows
Fuck that.
Get a modular PSU.
Zalman case can go fuck itself right now.
GTX 970 is not a good idea when rx 480 is around the corner.
No SSD, get an SSD.
>>
>>55069696
Not really. It's not even worth it to spend $300 on the 6700k
>>
>>55069696
The 5820K is $369.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wc2TWX
No GPU.
>>
>>55066852
dude, there is NO fucking reason to use a 70 dollar heatsink on a non-overclocked average-tier CPU.

if you're a consumerist cuck and feel you NEED one (you don't, the stock cooler is more than enough for what you are going to be doing) then get something cheap like a coolermaster 212

also, if you want to buy it RIGHT NOW, then go with the r9 390 because it's going to age much more gracefully than that gtx 970.

but honestly, i'd wait. the RX 480 is significantly more powerful than the GTX 970 and the R9 390 and it comes out at the end of thus month and is only going to be around $200
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.