[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can't even merge directories on OSX This thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: mac-virus-trojan.jpg (35KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
mac-virus-trojan.jpg
35KB, 620x350px
>you can't even merge directories on OSX
This thing reads like a farce. How can OSX be such a shitty OS and how can people look past it?
http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously/
>>
>>55023447
Why make such a pointless thread on /g/?
You can merge just fine on OS X.
>>
>>55023546
Yeah except it dumbly just pastes over the entire target directory
>>
>>55023546
You cant copy folders with files that name contains for instance kyrghiz alphabet characters.
>>
we
>>
>>55023618
>The “Keep Newer” option only appears if the folder you’re moving contains the newer files. If the folder you’re moving contains the older files, then the Merge option won’t appear — even if you hold the Option button.
>>
>>55023630
one file per folder, one of them is obviously newer, and yet the merge option appears each time
>>
>>55023687
Not if they have the same name
>>
>2016
>Literally can't even merge directories.

Wew.
>>
>>55023707
What do you think the `mv` command would? It doesn't allow you to merge either, or even give you the option of overwrite.

If that's what you want to do, it's safer to use rsync or ditto.
>>
>>55023845
What does it matter what mv would do? Why shouldn't it work like rsync instead? Or better yet, offer both options. Recursively handling conflicts is obviously what a graphical file manager should logically do when copying. There's zero excuse for this kind of retarded default behavior.
>>
Doesn't OSX come with rsync?

Sounds like OSX is just not user friendly and some faggot is blogging about it.
>>
>>55023447

>I disagree with a design decision
>it must be a bad system
>>
Is it wrong that I read OSX as 'oh ass ex' and not 'oh ass ten'?
>>
>>55024138
>delete files the user wanted to keep
>it's a design decision :^)
>>
>>55024121
Aren't you an applefag?
>>
>>55024180
>>55024138
Yeah, and it doesn't even move them into the trash bin, it just deletes them altogether without asking further questions. Fantastic design decision.
>>
>>55023447
This thread is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>55024211
OSX is bad and you should feel bad for defending it
>>
>>55024234
>not using using all OS
>having little fight on the internet about which OS is better or worse

pleb
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.