[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ Going to Jailbreak my iPhone and iPad now that I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: giant-apple-logo-bw.png (40KB, 3400x4400px) Image search: [Google]
giant-apple-logo-bw.png
40KB, 3400x4400px
Hey /g/
Going to Jailbreak my iPhone and iPad now that I've got some free time on my hands. Any tips or things I should note beforehand?
>>
>>55018075
Make sure to clean your boyfriend's semen off your hands before you start. I made this mistake my first time jailbreaking my iPhone.
>>
>>55018075
Jailbreaking is a meme at this point. Half the apps and tweaks are buggy as shit, and break every new iOS release. But that's okay, because you'll be stuck on an old version of iOS for months while you wait for some chinks to hammer out another jailbreak (that's probably a botnet anyways).
>>
>>55018075
Most apps are like a dollar or two man. If you can afford an iPhone just buy your apps. Jailbreaking just isn't worth it and is buggy as shit.
>>
>>55018240
>>55018207
>>55018087
It's worth it for the free apps. No real hassles, it's very simple.
>>
File: 1456099727207.gif (2MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1456099727207.gif
2MB, 400x240px
>>55018075
>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"
>>
Let me preface this by saying that I'm posting this from a jailbroken iPhone 6S.

Jailbreaking is almost completely worthless now. I have only ever had two reasons for jailbreaking: Fortune, and ripping off Verizon Wireless. You see, I have a grandfathered unlimited 4G plan on Verizon, and the catch to that is that I'm not allowed to tether without paying Verizon $30/month for 2GB of tethered data. In order to bypass their checks, I must jailbreak.

I hate it, actually. I almost never get to upgrade iOS, and I can't even move to the next iPhone until there's a jailbreak for it.

So, unless you're doing one of those two things, in my professional opinion, jailbreaking is not advised. It's a waste of your time at best.
>>
>>55020035
jailbreaking is great with its tweaks. fuck off
>>
>>55020814

Which ones? I'd honestly love to know. I had Asphaleia for a while, but it didn't really work as well as I would have liked.

So help me God, if you reply with non-functional rice, I will laugh you right the fuck out of here.
>>
File: 1440107302438.jpg (15KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
1440107302438.jpg
15KB, 227x200px
>>55020035
>>55020814
>>55020851
>this is what iCucks actually have to put up with
>>
>>55020879

>iCucks

You realize that jailbreaking gradually became less useful over time because Apple took all the most popular tweaks and baked their functionality into the OS, right? Apple literally made jailbreaking pointless by integrating everything people wanted.

...No, of course you didn't realize that, because you're just another brainless /g/ shitter.
>>
File: 1458229464388.jpg (83KB, 874x737px) Image search: [Google]
1458229464388.jpg
83KB, 874x737px
>>55020949
>iToddler
>calling someone else brainless
>>
>>55020980

>has no cogent reply
>"I know! I'll call him a toddler!"

Neck yourself.
>>
File: 1464986804937.jpg (71KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1464986804937.jpg
71KB, 633x758px
>>55020949
Except torrenting or you know... downloading a file with your web browser.

No really. You can only download images or import PDF to ibooks with a web browser on ios.

I swear to god I'm not making it up. But yeah a torrent client is enough of a reason.
>>
File: 1448632855881.png (474KB, 680x435px) Image search: [Google]
1448632855881.png
474KB, 680x435px
>>55020990
>iDiot
>telling someone else to neck themselves
>>
File: 4L_UfIBZPvg.jpg (302KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
4L_UfIBZPvg.jpg
302KB, 1280x960px
>>55018075

you probably already made the mistake of upgrading iOS too far

>>55018207

I would say that it's better than ever

>>55018240

jailbreaking isn't for free apps
>>
>>55021000

What torrent client do/would you use on iOS? I was unable to find a current one.

That said, I'm not sure why you'd want to make a habit of torrenting to something with under 100GB of capacity, something that may not always have an internet connection and/or may incur data charges. Much better to have an old desktop computer you salvaged sitting in your closet doing that.

As for only being able to open a file with a compatible app, what do you typically do with files once you have them? Do you just stare at the filename for personal satisfaction? No, you open them... in a compatible app. It's really a non-issue in practice, I find, nine times out of ten. I won't say it's never been an issue in my experience, because that would be a lie, but it's less of a problem than its critics make it out to be.
>>
>>55020949

idiot
>>
>>55021095

I'm noticing an awful lot of puerile name-calling, and precious few legitimate answers to the questions I'm raising.
>>
File: LFTD019.jpg (95KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
LFTD019.jpg
95KB, 604x604px
>>55021079
I haven't had an iOS device since last year and honestly I forgot the name of the client. I recall it not working while in the background if it helps.
I agree with your point. Its part disliking the limitation and part that it has inconvenienced me in the pass. Say I'm at a computer that requires a file but has no network access. For the majority of people their cell data(I have unlimited for $60) is their auxiliary internet. I can't tell you how many times I've downloaded something on my phone and then transferred it to another system for use.

I make frequent use of public computers at my school, a local state funded M$ tech academy place, and friends pcs. This necessitates frequent file movement that I use my phone and it's SD card for by default.

I also don't subscribe to any legal CDN so I often time find myself walking around town on errands or on the bus and want access to a file that I'll have to torrent. With unlimited LTE data so cheap through sprint or T-Mobile MVNO in the us torrenting on android is more practical than some people may think.
>>
Jailbreak is worth it for host blocking alone... Are you guys high?
>>
File: image.gif (12KB, 220x140px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
12KB, 220x140px
Hey, buy a copy of monopoly and take this chance card to the Apple Store. They are pretty much obliged to do it for you.
>>
>>55020949
You mean like
>a file manager
>the ability to install apps not from the App Store
>not paying $100/year to develop on iOS
>the ability to use any free audio or video codecs (enjoying your lack of Webm support in 2016?)
>no djvu support so I'm stuck with 200Mb+ pdf's that constantly crash
>no decent text editor
>apps can't keep connections open in background for more than 3 minutes (they even reduced this from 10)
>your own ad blocking filters
>an SSH client that supports UTF-8, there's nothing on the App Store that does this
>being able to delete the bloated apps you never use
>decent XMPP support
>no sharing files in between apps so each needs its own copy
>backing things up in a usable format
>being able to change the UI from the cancerous iOS 7+ garbage
>not crashing apps arbitrarily without your permission
Good thing they incorporated all of this
>>
>>55018075
But why?
If you have the source you can sideload apps on IOS devices.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.