[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a gaming in freedom thread? What are some games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: 1024px-Xonotic_icon.svg.png (519KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Xonotic_icon.svg.png
519KB, 1024x1024px
Can we have a gaming in freedom thread?

What are some games that don't require you to join the botnet in order to enjoy? Pic related, Xonotic
>>
File: ottd.png (910KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ottd.png
910KB, 1920x1200px
>>54964645
Very comfy game
>>
>>54964645
minetest + minetest-server
Bretty gomfy aldernative to minegrafd
>>
>>54964645
Does /g/ have a xotonic server?
>>
All open source games are fucking shit.
>>
>>54965474
>Quake 3 is fucking shit

Wanna fight?
>>
>>54965487
Looks nothing like BF4, fuck off.
>>
>>54965534
Not sure if pathetic casual or bait.
>>
maybe growtopia? you can play it on ios, osx, android and windows. i play it with my sister while she plays on a tablet.
>>
>>54965553
Fuck off with your mario graphics gay shit. Wake us up when an open sores games can compete with BF4 graphics and mechanics.

I dual boot debian and windows 7 btw
>>
>>54965596
This is probably bait
>>
>>54965039
Isn't that game a fork of the FreeCiv engine?
>>
>>54965039
looks very comfy indeed. installed. thanks anon
>>
OpenMW is probably better than the "real" version of the game at this point desu.
>>
is autismcraft opensource?
i play it time to time
>>
>>54964645
I love playing wesnoth.
>>
>>54965474
retard
>>
>>54965625
No.
>>
>>54965465
I could set one up, if people would play on it.
>>
>>54964645
>What are some games that don't require you to join the botnet in order to enjoy?

Some quality ones I can think of:
- hedgewars
- C-Dogs (SDL)
- Kolf
-Supertuxkart

Back in dev:
-Supertux

>>54965448
Some anon anotherday told me to avoid it and/or use another clone.

Usually I'm not a fan of 2x4chan, but, agdg had some pretty good arguments:

4x2ch.net/agdg/res/21574.html
>>
>>54965660
I can't wait for that to be fully finished. It looks excellent with the graphics mods and the music is excellent.
>>
File: 1422121628662.gif (4MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1422121628662.gif
4MB, 360x270px
Guess I should go download Unreal Tournament

Thanks, OP
>>
>>54965596
>I'm proud of using Debian AND Windows 7
>>
>>54965666
Oh dem demon trips!

See >>54965448
>>54965821
Minetest isn't that bad, but it's lgpl and has fairly high cpu usage with maxed out settings on sn AMD hexacote (i mean tricore)
>>
>>54965915
>unreal botnet
>>
Daily reminder Linux has now over 2000 gaymes on steam therefore windows is deprecated and opengl pwns directx

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP MAH BOIS
>>
File: 1463991037226.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463991037226.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>54965955
>OpenGL
>not Vulkan
>>
>>54965929
>Minetest isn't that bad,
I don't know desu, that broken scripting API model sounds pretty serious.
>>
>>54966249
If you stick with vanilla it shouldn't be a problem, unless you consider a lack of any mobs whatsoever to be a problem.
>>
>>54966295
>unless you consider a lack of any mobs whatsoever to be a problem.
Well, I do. Otherwise, I could use [minecraftclone no 53] instead anyway.
>>
>>54966295
The problem is that the core development team aren't responsive enough to the Minetest game modders who demand various features in the Minetest engine. The options for them are to either join the Minetest engine team to push through features as an engine developer, fork the engine into a new project or suffer as they currently do.
>>
File: 1440940031952.png (3MB, 1880x1634px) Image search: [Google]
1440940031952.png
3MB, 1880x1634px
>>54965955
I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 1465117094021.jpg (51KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1465117094021.jpg
51KB, 540x429px
>>54966377
Nicu dubs
>>
Tested and played in Lubuntu, just do "sudo apt-get install" followed by the name here given.

ADVENTURE: beneath-a-steel-sky, flight-of-the-amazon-queen, lure-of-the-temptress, out-of-order
ARCADE: 2h4u, etw, frozen-bubble, teeworlds,
BALL GAMES: neverball, neverputt
PUZZLE: whichwayisup, connectagram, anagramarama, gnubg, blinken, brainparty, gbrainy, xsol, pokerth, kcheckers, xboard, xmpuzzles, xword, einstein, quarry, grhino, gnugo, qgo, uligo, pingus, warmux, miceamaze, xsok fillets-ng, xshisen, colorcode, kitsune, gmult, scribble, xshogi, gnome-sudoku, gtans, ltris, xwelltris, glotski, groundhog, numptyphysics, phlipple, peg-e, gmchess
ROGUELIKE: crawl, freedink, freedroidrpg, gearhead, nethack-console
SHOOT EM UP: luola, marsshooter, starfighter, slingshot, torus-trooper, uqm, xgalaga++
STRATEGY: curseofwar, liquidwar, openttd, gtkatlantic monopd, 0ad, netpanzer, unknown-horizons, warzone2100, dopewars, singularity, freeciv-client-gtk freeciv-client-extras, freeorion, lordsawar, teg, pioneers, lgeneral, triplea
VEHICLE SIMULATION: searchandrescue, armagetronad, supertuxkart, oolite, vegastrike vegastrike-music, openssn, openbve
VIRTUAL WORLD: minetest

BONUS: Games from other repositories.

PLAYDEB
opendungeons : like dungeon keeper, but up to date
openra : command and conquer red alert
megamek : mech warrior
ufoai : x com
xonotic : first person shooter
urbanterror : first person shooter
worldofpadman : first person shooter

Cataclysm, Dark Days Ahead
sudo apt-get install git
git clone git://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA.git
cd Cataclysm-DDA
sudo apt-get install lua5.1 lua5.1-dev
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev build-essential
make -j4 LOCALIZE=0 RELEASE=1 LUA=1

Mars Simulation Project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mars-sim/files/latest/download
Scrabble3D: http://sourceforge.net/projects/scrabble/files/latest/download
>>
Is there some sort of opensource danmaku gsme?
>>
Is runescape open source?
>>
>>54965620
> probably
are you retarded?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.