[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >still using "smartphones" >huge pcs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: 1464960890459.jpg (34KB, 710x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464960890459.jpg
34KB, 710x720px
>2016
>still using "smartphones"
>huge pcs
>mice
>keyboards
>still flatscreens

any one else disappointed with technology? seems like it has been stagnant for a few years now.
>>
Nope. A Dumbphone for me.
>huge pcs
Average Laptop
>mice
Touchpad is shit
>keyboards
Touch typing is gay
>>
>>54906023
>2016
>still using wheels

holy shit ! Seems like technology has been stagnant these last millennials !
>>
>still no VR waifu who does everything for you

;_;
>>
File: gatebox_main2.jpg (210KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gatebox_main2.jpg
210KB, 1600x1200px
>>54906104
Soon™
>>
>>54906023
AR headsets are coming, be patient. Meta2 ships in a month or two I think.
>>
dumbhones is where it's at

>huge pcs
Intel NUC etc exist

>mice
mice and trackballs are arguably the best for pointer navigation

>keybords
how else do you want to type? we also have holo keyboards that project onto desks etc if that's your thing
>>
>>54906023
>2016
triangular year mate, what's the problem?
>hugh pcs
laptops are for gays and retards:
>keyboard is shit
>touchpad is shit
>only one small screen
>heat up too fucking fast
>barely upgradable
>batery is shit

>mice
best input device
>keyboards
mechanical is the way, atleast at home.
>still flatscreens
crt ARE fucking garbage, bbuutt >muh color
destroying your vision for more color is not a valid answer.

also dumb anime poster
>>
File: 1463423723481.png (216KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
1463423723481.png
216KB, 432x413px
>>54906023
>current year
>still using "______"
>>
>>54906048
>touch typing is gay

Ok, dad.
>>
>>54906023
You didn't really think the rate of progress from the last two decades could continue forever, did you?
>>
>>54906023
>2016
>still wanting shitty gimmicks from old scifi flicks

Tell me, what do you want to replace a keyboard? A HOLOboard? Yeah, what an improvement.
What do you want instead of flatscreens? A HOLOscreen? Maybe VR goggles, but ultimately I'd rather not have those for about 90% of the shit I do on a computer.
What do you want instead of smartphones? A smartwatch?

I can go on, but I think you get my point.
All the cool tech shit you saw in whatever scifi shit is ultimately worse than what we have at everything but looking cool
>>
File: 1459547704868.jpg (154KB, 419x640px) Image search: [Google]
1459547704868.jpg
154KB, 419x640px
>>54906023
CURRENT
>>
>>54906023
>2016
>still watching gaynimes
>>
people don't realize that the advance in technology in the last 10 years is mostly communications.
>>
>>54907705
People don't realize they should stop generalizing because communication tech really absent advanced much in the last 10 years
>>
>>54906289
just watched all the videos and put in my tentative reservation the future is now.
>>
>>54906023
>huge PCs
Wut? Ultrabooks are about as small as a laptop can get without compromising screen size. And mini-ITX exists.

Anyway, VR and AR are probably the new big things. Once you can get good devices for a decent price ($600-800 for a display peripheral is insane) I think they'll be pretty popular.
>>
File: desiretoknowmore.jpg (39KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
desiretoknowmore.jpg
39KB, 640x512px
>>54906289
what is this?
>>
>>54908487
the future
>>
File: qa_keyvisual.jpg (1MB, 1728x1216px) Image search: [Google]
qa_keyvisual.jpg
1MB, 1728x1216px
>>54908487
home automation unit with built-in holographic waifu.
>>
>>54908618
ok, is a kickstarter and seems this will cost like 800 $

But what exactly do? only alarm clock and agenda, nothing more?

Hope you can add mods, people will put their waifus and husbandos inside, maybe a virtual pet
...and just magine the furfags and ponifags when they know the existence of this thing, with a not mediocre AI I can see a concept like this printing money, especially with nowadays society

as a xenophile I like the concept and its possibilities
>>
>>54906087
This
>>
Go back to bed grandpa.
>>
>>54906023
>he carries eight-core 64-bit computing device with specialized graphics accelerator in his pocket, it's ready to compute any time and can last a day running on <1cm thick battery
>HEY GUYS IS ANYONE ELSE DISAPPOINTED WITH TECHNOLOGY
if anything, you're disappointing
>>
>>54906023
>>2016
>>still using "smartphones"
I've not changed my phone since before Android was a thing.
>>huge pcs
Huger than the typical PC in fact. A massive Define R2 XL.
>>mice
Forever.
>>keyboards
Forever.
>>still flatscreens
As opposed to what?
CRT tvs were around for a good 80+ years before flatscreens were viable.
>>
What happen to that keyboard that used hand gestures in mid air?
>>
>>54910189
People realized your hands get about 50 times more tired when they're not rested on a surface and decided to scrap the retarded idea.
>>
>>54910208
Damn well are infrared keyboards (as in projected on a surface) any better?
>>
>>54910219
I've not seen that meme since 2007.
>>
>2016

only granpas call them that, they're just phones at this point

>huge pcs
memepad x

>mice
you spelled trackpoint wrong

>keyboards
mind control pc's are not available yet, and that's the only thing that's better than a keyboard

>still flatscreens
curved are memes
>>
>>54906023
Why do we assume technology is always getting better and better. It isn't infinite. We can only do so much with what we have and what our physical nature allows.
>>
>>54910335
We've been saying that for thousands of years and yet people still keep coming up with something new that totally changes the world.
>>
>>54908487
it's a shitty holographic projector
>>
>>54906087
>i understand transportation on a fedora level
>>
>>54910335
>pretends to be smart
just die already oldfag
>>
>>54910377
No, we haven't been saying that very much. Many people in the world today just assume everything keeps getting better, but at some point there isn't anything to improve anymore. Once TVs are fully 3D or immersive with VR, and involve every sense of the body, what then? What else would you ask of the TV as an idea? There are plenty of inventions that reached their final state, and variations are only on a superficial level.
>>
>>54910433
>i can't imagine the next thing
>therefor it will never exist
just die already oldfag
>>
>>54910455
Maybe he's imagining it and dying is a viable alternative.
>>
>>54906023
What else would you want?
>>
>>54910433
A TV that cooks dinner, sucks my cock, and does the dishes would be nice.
>>
>>54910499
Single point of failure
>>
>>54906087
Fuck 2016
>>
>>54910433
Just off the top of my head, we have literally said "The human body is physically incapable of enduring speeds above ~40 miles per hour", which was believed to be the limit of what our physical nature allows at the time.
"A heavier than air flying machine is impossible" was another famous one.

Remember that the definition of a singularity is the point at which people before it are incapable of imagining the future after it.
A hunter-gatherer could never have imagined the world after large-scale agriculture.
An agrarian peasant could never have imagined the world after the industrial revolution. So on and so forth.
>>
>>54906023
>>still using "smartphones"
smartphones are fine, it's the batteries that haven't improved at all
>>huge pcs
big pc = better thermals. there are also standards that must be adhered to. We certainly have the technology to make computers smaller (see: laptops, smartphones)
>>mice
>>keyboards
aka the most presice input methods we currently have? If it ain't broke don't fix it
>>still flatscreens
not sure what you expected. Flatscreens are getting flatter and technology is still improving
>>
>>54910335
At some point we might have to forget certain things to rediscover them later.
>>
>>54910541
>it's the batteries that haven't improved at all
yes they have, people just don't want to put them in because it ruins lel design

>big pc = better thermals
that's not why people get a "big pc", it's to have components that requires that space, a good gpu is pretty big and requires that space.
you could put everything into a small case if you had good airflow

>aka the most presice input methods we currently have? If it ain't broke don't fix it
precise? that's your logic for using keyboard and mouse? really? fuck

>Flatscreens are getting flatter and technology is still improving
he expected somesort of hologram display

fuck dude, don't pretend to be smart on the internet, it's not getting you anywhere
>>
File: knife kidsjpg.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
knife kidsjpg.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>54906023
Dumb anime poster
>>
>>54910652
>yes they have, people just don't want to put them in because it ruins lel design
bigger battery != improved battery.

>that's not why people get a "big pc", it's to have components that requires that space, a good gpu is pretty big and requires that space.
you could put everything into a small case if you had good airflow
Good GPU's can be built much smaller than they are now. The bulk of a modern GPU is the cooling solution. You could easily "fit" a modern GPU into a laptop without the cooling solution and with a custom PCB. It would overheat.

>precise? that's your logic for using keyboard and mouse? really? fuck
well, yes? I could use a controller to code or a touchscreen keyboard but they are both far less precise. Do you have a better suggestion/explanation? It's like saying "Why do we still use wheels on cars?" Because any other shape is worse.

>fuck dude, don't pretend to be smart on the internet, it's not getting you anywhere
ad hominem attack confirmed low IQ
>>
>>54910798
>bigger battery != improved battery.
WOW STOPPED READING RIGHT THERE
>>
>>54910809
I'm talking about the physical size of the batter fyi. Of course you can double your battery life with a batter twice as big. That's not an "improvement"
>>
>everything is a featureless blob of glossy black plastic, fake brushed metal or fragile "premium" aluminum that all looks the same
>instead of leveraging materials advancement for longer-lasting, higher quality products we get trash built for a maximum two year lifespan because "you wouldn't want to use OLD technology anyway, would you???"
>instead of getting powerful, expandable pocket computers and mobile applications we got trendy Social Media(TM) telescreens running ad-laden webapps in interpreted languages that need six fucking gigabytes of RAM just to be usable while they sell your information to the highest bidder
>>
>>54910834
>That's not an "improvement"
Of course it's an improvement you imbecile.
Batteries have been getting slimmer every year. If they kept them at the size they were at in 2008 you'd have a phone capable of staying on for months.
>>
>>54910860
Mr robot the post
You are right though
>>
>>54908487
the end of action figures manufacturers
>>
>>54910860
/thread
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.