[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite type of flip-flop circuit, /g/? I like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: flipflop.png (302KB, 447x230px) Image search: [Google]
flipflop.png
302KB, 447x230px
What is your favourite type of flip-flop circuit, /g/?

I like the D type (simple, no bloat).
>>
>>51590441
they are different for different needs...
>>
I'm confused, how can you call a D type a flip flop if it ony has one input?
How do you determine when you want to use it? Or is it live the whole time.

My favourite Flip flop would be one where S and R work as per usual, but if you use them both, it goes with the most recent one that was turned on.
Is there a name for that?
>>
>>51590441
JK is objectively best
But I always solved the problems with T flipflops when doing homework
>>
>>51590441
MS-JK Masterrace
>>
Basic SR latch all day.
Simple, effective, useful, not confusing.
>>
Do you even engineer bro?

JK is king.
>>
>>51590441

I don't even remember what they do.
>>
>>51590884
Hold binary values in a circuit. Without them, there would be no computer memory*

*I think
>>
>>51590884
I hardly remember.

I think SR either saves the value, sets it, resets it or annihilates the universe, J-K does all of this, but toggle the value instead of total annihilation, D "delays" the set by one clock tick or something and toggle always toggles...? But when? When the clock in is 1 and the T is 1, too?
>>
>>51590897

Yeah, that sounds about right.
>>
>>51590928
Yeah if the toggle one in enabled the output will change back and forth with every clock signal. If its 0 it just holds it there. From what I remember...
>>
>>51590897

Well SRAM stores bits in flip flops, but not DRAM. Your system memory and your GPU memory are DRAM.

Flip flops are used in more than just SRAM though, e.g. the ubiquitous shift register.
>>
>>51590959
That makes sense.
>>
>>51590961
Thanks, circuit guru.
Any chance you have heard of this before?

>>51590795
Second paragraph
>>
>>51591048
Don't know of such a "standard" type of flip flop. Probably be simple to create with some clever logic though.

Either way, JK is king because it can behave like any of the others depending on how the inputs are manipulated.
>>
File: 134531o1m2ya8b5yh26ay5.jpg (44KB, 588x385px) Image search: [Google]
134531o1m2ya8b5yh26ay5.jpg
44KB, 588x385px
JK all the way!
>>
>>51590441
D because state machines.

A TFF can easily be replaced by a DFF with feedback logic.
>>
>>51590441
notR notS, the one build from nands. Because basically everything is now nands.
Today eveybody uses FPGA anyway
>>
>>51591048
A few machines have this behaviour, like tv remotes... I dont think there is a name for it though.
>>
>tfw you are a NOR flop fanboy but people only care about NANDs
Feels bad man
>>
What if I only have flipflops with a clock input, but I want it to change its value when one of the inputs change?

How would one do this?
>>
>>51591189
Leave the clock on?
>>
>>51591207
It's that simple?

Fuck, am I stupid.
>>
>>51591189

T flip flop with the input tied to 1, or JK flip flop with both inputs hied to 1.

Output will be toggled on every rising clock edge.
>>
Real men make their circuits using only D flip-flops and NOR gates.
>>
>>51591214
Im just guessing man i dunno.
Depends what you are specfically talking about though because you might not be able to just "leave the clock on". If you keep the clock value as 1 then its not really a clock anymore. But it gives the result you are after. Im confused now. Lel
>>
>>51591239
NOR is god.
>>
>>51591248
Sorry, ignore all this. I misread the question.
>>
>>51591287
Finally some technology thread on /g/
>>
>digital design class
>professor made us design our own flip flops
>literally everything became built up by and, or and xor gates
It was pretty cool.
>>
I hate them all, because I have to remember them all for uni for no given reason. What will I even do with these?
>>
>>51591515
Make a clock
Get arrested
Get money
>>
File: sch.png (28KB, 1020x613px) Image search: [Google]
sch.png
28KB, 1020x613px
>>51591515
You could design/make simple digital control systems for fun.
>>
Technology?
On MUH /g/?
>>
some just took a digital design class
>>
>>51591515
Flip flops are basically 1bit memory chips/circuits. You could theoretically store information about anything with enough of them.

SRAM is made up of tens/hundreds/thousands of flip flops.
>>
>>51591515

Small scale things, like flashing christmas lights, etc.
>>
I have an exam on Wednesday where mostliekly one of the problems will be to design a counter with D flip-flops. Anyone else that have experience with this?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.