[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aside from the monstrous price tag, is Alienware as bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: ayyylmaoware.jpg (278KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ayyylmaoware.jpg
278KB, 1920x1200px
Aside from the monstrous price tag, is Alienware as bad as /g/ says they are?
>>
I bought a laptop before I knew better, and the CPU fried two weeks after I bought.
>>
>>51587766
Post a good one
>>
Not "bad"

just "gaymur" and "overpriced"
>>
Back when they were separate from Dell, they weren't bad machines although extremely overpriced.

Now that Dell has a stronger foothold with them, they are not only extremely overpriced, but also complete rubbish.
>>
>>51587766
They're like Apple, Beats, Bose, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

They're not "bad" alone. "Bad" is a comparative term.

To say you did bad on a test isn't enough information to glean what someone means. If you made a 40/100 on the test and the class average was 17/100 in a huge university auditorium type class that's designed from the getgo to weed out people, then you actually did pretty well compared to most people. Now, if you made a 40/100 on the test and the class average was 78/100, then yeah, you did rather poorly.

In products that people buy, you get a product in exchange for money. If $1000 given to Alienware for an a laptop gives X amount of performance in a computer, but $1000 given to Acer or MSI for a laptop gives 1.15*X amount of performance, you're better off getting the Acer or MSI laptop.

Often, lots of these brands are considered "good" but are inherently "luxury" brand items that have played their marketing so well that people are willing to pay more for that brandname, even if dollar-for-dollar, they can get an extremely similar product for less, or a better performing product for the same amount.

By that merit, Alienware just gives a worse value proposition (in terms of laptops) compared to most other manufacturers.
>>
The only good thing about alienware is you can go to most idiots "I own an alienware"and there be like "wow I bet you can play all the latest games maxed out why dont you come round my house and fuck my sister"
>>
>owned by Dell
>absolute shit products for price range
>motherboard and power supply failures are very common for alienware
>only purpose is to cater to autistic manchildren from /v/
>>
>>51588007
I may not like /v/ either, but I think 4chan, on a whole, is a lot more educated about the truth in Beats/Apple/Alienware pricing than the general public.

I think Alienware is most bought by uneducated adults (think about your typical Joe Xbox) who want to play PC games with a system right out of the box or because they don't have a clue about PC games and their dumbass kid is begging them for gaming laptop, and nobody but Alienware has that major brandname recognition in that kind of product.
>>
>>51588007
>>only purpose is to cater to autistic manchildren from /v/
More like 13yo faggets with rich parents. Fuck, I don't even know if they sell aliumwares here in Europe. Must be an americlap thing.
>>
>>51587980
true, i had this happen to me numerous times as an alienware owner.

jokes on them. it was the alienware steambox.
>>
File: Area-51-Open.jpg (117KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
Area-51-Open.jpg
117KB, 800x599px
>>51588044
they do, they churn them out in their Polack factory and then ship them across Europe to wherever.

why the fuck you'd want this monstrosity though...
>>
>>51588044
3rd world eastern europe here and they sell it here in every store that sells pc's
what kind of shitty europe do you live
>>
>>51588085
everything in that case is misaligned and not parallel to the ground. desu this triggers my autism
>>
You're paying for a brand name when the brand name itself is literally meaningless.

If you want an alienware laptop and spending the extra money just for the design is okay to you then go ahead, be inefficient with your money.

The desktops are totally pointless, they are building your computer for you, for a fee, and skimping out on the quality of the components forcing you out of choices of the build that if you were to build a computer yourself, you would have potentially 20-50 choices instead of just one. In addition, your computer will come pre-fucked up with dell bloatware

If you want the desktop alienware cases, then im sure you can just buy them on their own and put your own components into them.
>>
>>51588085
That piece of shit is over $6,000 where I live btw... It's absolutely criminal.
>>
>>51588155
With that money you could build yourself a quad Titan X and 5960X rig.
>>
>>51587766
Guy at work sold me his X51 R1 for $300. Worth it for the compact case, and decent specs for when it was built. I'd never buy one for retail though.
>>
>>51587766
not a "bad" laptop. but not worth your money.
>>
>>51587766
Yes, stop sucking dicks long enough to build your own desktop
>bbut muh laptop
Thinkpads, Razers, anything thick with a decent gpu, or even MSI mechanical keyboard laptops are better

If you want to make a look at me guys I'm so rich statement, then buy a Mac or something instead of giving Dell money for zero effort plastic shit
>>
>>51590530
>Razers
Can you suggest some good, logically-priced Razer laptops?
>>
I don't think they are bad, in fact they have decent hardware in them most of the time.
My biggest complaint, aside from the price tag, is that they all look like they were designed for 10 year old boys. If you carry that thing in public you might as well wear a shirt saying "I am a fucking autist" in huge letters.

lel
>>
>>51588044
>More like 13yo faggets with rich parents
This is exactly what it is for, you summed it up perfectly.
>>
>>51590603
http://www.razerzone.com/store/refurbished-razer-blade

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-15-r2/pd?oc=dkcwf02bc&model_id=alienware-15-r2

It looks like the Alienware actually beats it in value, but I prefer the non-ricer aesthetics. I just can't get past the fact that Alienware is ugly as all fuck

>>51590642
This pretty much
>>
>>51590706
>refurbished is cheaper than brand new
Really?
>>
>>51590720
Please re-read it. The Alienware still has higher value even when not refurbished

>le reddit quest chin mark
>>
>>51590752
My bad, I read that wrong. Apologies.
>>
File: 2015-11-29_144458.png (204KB, 1283x800px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-29_144458.png
204KB, 1283x800px
Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNN9RTChRiw
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.