[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

http://manhattanda.org/sites/defaul t/files/11.18.15%20Repor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1434223073963.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434223073963.png
1MB, 1280x720px
http://manhattanda.org/sites/default/files/11.18.15%20Report%20on%20Smartphone%20Encryption%20and%20Public%20Safety.pdf

>For some other types of Android devices, Google can reset the passcodes when served with a search warrant and an order instructing them to assist law enforcement to extract data from the device. This process can be done by Google remotely and allows forensic examiners to view the contents of a device

Meanwhile
>For Apple devices running iOS 8, Apple can no longer comply with unlock orders.
>According to Apple, as of October 19, 2015, approximately 61% of all Apple devices currently in use run iOS 9, and approximately 30% use iOS 8. Only nine percent use an earlier iOS version.

Why are edgy poorfags across the planet willingly paying for and logging into the botnet?
>>
File: 0.png (97KB, 1597x989px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0.png
97KB, 1597x989px
>For some other types of Android devices, Google can reset the passcodes when served with a search warrant and an order instructing them to assist law enforcement to extract data from the device. This process can be done by Google remotely and allows forensic examiners to view the contents of a device

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>51499009
Page 10
>>
>>51498979
>For Android devices running operating systems Lollipop 5.0 and above, however, Google plans to
use default full-disk encryption, like that being used by Apple, that will make it impossible for Google
to comply with search warrants and orders instructing them to assist with device data extraction.

wew
>>
>go to security
>click on device admin
>uncheck android device manager

Wow so hard
>>
File: 1444704492972.png (174KB, 416x396px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444704492972.png
174KB, 416x396px
pizza
>>
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/10/31/judge-rules-suspect-can-be-required-to-unlock-phone-with-fingerprint/
>>
>>51499053
This
Stop making a non issue this big of a deal
>>
JUST ORDER BY CALL YOU CUNT
>>
>Why are edgy poorfags across the planet willingly paying for and logging into the botnet?

I don't pay for Android, I pay for the hardware.

Google gives me free stuff. They can have my browsing habits. It's an economic decision.
>>
>>51499026

Page 5 actually.

You forgot to add in:

>There are a larger variety of Android devices than Apple devices. Forensic examiners are able to bypass passcodes on some of those devices using a variety of forensic techniques.

>>51499053
>>51499087

It isn't even an issues, OP is a trolling retard who can't read.

>For some other types of Android devices, Google can reset the passcodes when served with a search warrant and an order instructing them to assist law enforcement to extract data from the device. This process can be done by Google remotely and allows forensic examiners to view the contents of a device
below it
>For Android devices running operating systems Lollipop 5.0 and above, however, Google plans to use default full-disk encryption, like that being used by Apple, that will make it impossible for Google to comply with search warrants and orders instructing them to assist with device data extraction.
>>
I don't understand shit about Android, does this matter if I'm using a AOSP-based ROM (like Cyanogenmod) without Gapps?
>>
>>51499127
>It isn't even an issues, OP is a trolling retard who can't read.
But google doesn't use full disk encryption on Lollipop, they plan on doing it with 6.0.
So yes it's an issue for _all_ current devices.
I don't get how can you downplay something like this, to me it seems you are the retard.
>>
>>51499100
IT'S NOT ABOUT PIZZA
>>
>>51499489
>But google doesn't use full disk encryption on Lollipop, they plan on doing it with 6.0.
They started doing it by default, then disabled it by default because people were complaining
>So yes it's an issue for _all_ current devices.
It isn't, FDE has been available in Android since 4.0, just not by default like Apple started doing in iOS 8
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.