[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>why don't you tell us exactly what you're currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: THEY_HUNGER.jpg (252KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
THEY_HUNGER.jpg
252KB, 1280x853px
>why don't you tell us exactly what you're currently offering to our company? What sets you apart that we had to hire you?
Well, why don't you? How are you making a difference to the company and the team?
>>
shit wouldn't work if you boot me out because i haven't documented anything. every rube goldberg shellscript is a jewel in the crown of job security.
>>
Absolutly nothing.
I'm just IT boss.
These are my references.
>>
>>51427186
my skin is the same color as yours
>>
I fix things that break.
Broken things wouldn't get fixed if I wasn't around.
>>
>>51427222
I've installed an insurance policy for my job security, if you fire me everything in this building will cease to function
>>
>>51427186

i'm not a normie
>>
>>51427186
Just being young, and since we lost three employees this year to retirement and there's a lack of employees in the area, if you want to keep your numbers up you're stuck with me.
>>
>>51427186
I'm a neet, and I have three months of verifiable paid employment in the last two years
I'm wondering why you're interviewing me to begin with, honestly
>>
>>51427186
You hired me. You tell me.
>>
I was hired by a smallish company because I'm a good programmer who's also skilled with electronics (computer engineer). The company wanted to get into the IOT game and their app/database programmers couldn't handle firmware and electronics. I've been there for three years and they'd be completely fucked if I left now. I designed all the hardware and firmware for their sensors, it would be hard to find someone else with my skills, and it would take months for them to get a grasp on everything.
>>
I can crack jokes at meetings and have the domain admin password.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x300px
I've got people skills
>>
>>51427186

While you fuck around in meetings to talk about which employees are good, I'm actually working and doing real shit. I kindly suggest that you all fire your fucking selves and start working for a living.
>>
If you need valuable team members to do shit for you, why don't you ask yourself the same question, faggot?

Please hire me, I don't want to be neet anymore.
>>
File: mmmm yeah.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
mmmm yeah.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>51431448
I like you your hired! Now go convince the Bobs that we need more TPS reports.
>mmmm yeeahh Listen I'm going to need you to come in on Saturday
>>
>>51427186
I hack the gibson.
>>
>>51427186
this burns me, there are so many OBVIOUS things that the major tech companies like MS, Apple, Google should be doing and arent. But I cant get hired because if I tell them the obvious they just take the ideas and forget they ever met you (this has happened to me more than once). So I am forever watching idiots control the tech world with no way to change it other than make my own startup
>>
>>51427222
As the guy who cleans this kinda shit up.
I hate people like you.
>>
>>51432075

You should behating the people who hire you not the "mess" you clean up. Things are in certain ways for a reason, more often than not the reason is the shitty people who hired you for less money than they paid the one you're replacing.
>>
>>51432149

People who hire staff out of necessity to fix the work of incompetent and amateur developers are "shitty"?

Does not compile.

The fact that you're somewhat proud and defensive of your shitty mess is baffling. Hopefully you find some self respect along the way.
>>
>>51427186
I don't even work here

nice paper nameplates though. tres chic
>>
>>51427186

>>51427186

I am preparing a report for the shareholders entitled "The Top-Heaviest Company in the World - Its time to trim the fat". Anyone at the table with a laptop is the first to go... They're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>51432265

Meh. I would be surprised if there are any non-tech companies outside of the Fortune 500 list that actually support IT in any meaningful way. Most companies just keep throwing Band-Aids on everything, which is why you end up with spaghetti coded shit that only one guy knows how to read.
>>
>>51432265

>People who hire staff out of necessity to fix the work of incompetent and amateur developers are "shitty"?

Your reply has to be bait. Why do you think the incompetent and amateur developers are hired to begin with?

Then when they find a sucker (you) who actually knows what they're doing and needs the job they will hire that person, for less money they paid the amateur because now they're counting on you being a amateur also because they can't/won't pay what it would cost to get a professional in.
>>
I don't defecate on the streets.
>>
>>51432066
>this has happened to me more than once
so you're seeking to do it again? you must be seriously autistic or something if you apparently have the mental capability to come up with viable ideas that are valuable, but yet you keep making the same error over and over.

look, if you really have excellent ideas, ones that can improve the world (tech world or general world) somehow, make them real yourself. don't just find someone who will take legal ownership of it if they'll give you money and put your name in the paper... it won't be yours.

come up with a business plan to implement some of them and do it. if you don't have the current time of funding to do it, plan more. if your idea is good enough and you have viable business plans and a design of a prototype or something that can prove viability of your idea once constructed, there's funding out there. all they want (or rather, what you can give them regardless) is money back from their investment in the idea, not to own and control the idea like the idiots you mention.
>>
>>51427186
I do my job to a reasonable degree of efficency and quality. You could possible replace me but really why would you.
>>
>>51427186
Allow me to play my mixtape over the mic, and then we'll see what happens after the meeting
>>
>>51427186
*threatens company and directors and requests pay raise*
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.