[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>200 bucks Price/performance doesn't get any better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: shield-tablet-2[1].jpg (426KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
shield-tablet-2[1].jpg
426KB, 1920x1080px
>200 bucks

Price/performance doesn't get any better than this, at least not in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>51408508
impressive
>>
File: 1434162342912.gif (619KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
1434162342912.gif
619KB, 300x340px
>>51408508
> nVidia SOC
>>
>Removed stylus
>Doesn't include usb cable
>Doesn't include charger
Njewdaism strikes again
>>
>>51408534
They fixed the housefire issues btw desu senpai

>>51408565
>not having a charger
>not even having a spare usb cable
>>
>>51408582
>It's okay to skimp out on basic necessities because based Nvidia
>>
>>51408605
It's pretty fucking obvious that they skimped on those to cut down the price and because basically everyone already has them.
>>
>>51408628
Thanks, oh great nvidia, for saving a dollar per unit
>>
>>51408582
>housefire issues

I'm not talking about that. Historically their SOCs have been shit.

Look at the OG Nexus 7 and the Nexus 9.
>>
>>51408675
Elaborate pls
>>
>>51408651

You do know there are several others doing this right?
>>
>>51408799
OG Nexus 7's and Nexus 9's performance is shit tier
>>
>>51408508

Performance for what?
Its a tablet.
>>
>>51408832
Such as?
>>
>>51408834
Yeah repeating yourself didn't really help me out.
What's the problem with them? Does performance drop? Does multitasking not work?
>>
If the point of the SHIELD devices is to stream your PC games why wouldn't they just make one that's as barebones as possible?

I can install Moonlight on my $80 tablet and do the same thing.
>>
>>51408874
The point is to play all those amazing graphically intensive android games that Nvidia thinks exists
>>
>>51408890
Emulating would probably be the best use of it
>>
>>51408890

It sure seems like they're selling a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

You could make a tablet with the power of a modern home console and still nobody would make games for it. Both because of the fact that a tablet is not a good form factor for anything more than casual games, and because 90% of devices running Android wouldn't be able to play them, which is poor business sense.

I just don't see what Nvidia is really aiming to accomplish with these things. I liked the SHIELD portable but apparently it sold like shit and they stopped making them, moving into a tablet that is even worse for playing games because reasons.
>>
>>51408938
The best part is that they paid for android ports of games like Borderlands, Metal Gear Rising, and Crysis 3, but they're exclusive to the Shield TV which means the Tablet and Portable are still pointless
>>
>>51408799
>Elaborate pls
>>51408834
>OG Nexus 7's and Nexus 9's performance is shit tier

>>51408855
Do you know how to read?

The original nexus 7, and nexus 9 are not good tablets. They have nvidia SOCs. Nvidia SOCs are bad.
>>
>>51408874
>Moonlight

Why did no one tell me about this?
It's like the non-jew version of gamestream.
>>
I'll buy it for $150
>>
>>51408675
I use an acer tablet with a dual core nvidia, and my sony x10 feels faster.
Both are running jellybean 4.1.2
>>
>>51408508
I'm waiting to buy a Samsung Tab S 8.4" on sale at $200. I'm hoping it drops that low, new, during Black Friday doorbuster sales. Still no sign of it being on sale, and it's still being phased out from most stores, unfortunately. I'm hoping retailers use this as a chance to close off all remaining stock.

>2560x1600 res
16:10, Super AMOLED, screen, over 300ppi at 8.4". Best screen in a tablet, even over the Tab S2 8".

>Supports Cyanogenmod 12.1
Equivalent to Lollipop 5.1.0, wanted to get rid of all bloatware, and use only free as in freedom apps.

>Sports an IR Blaster
Going to use it as an all-in-one remote for all my home theater equipment and consoles from the couch, at the fraction of a price of a Logitech Harmony Remote.

Gonna use it as basic internet usage device and remote while at home from the couch. The CPU and GPU and storage aren't the fastest in the market by any margin, but that's fine since I won't be doing anything intensive with it. I just want something relatively small, thin, light, and functional as a remote.
>>
>>51408582
The filter strikes again fåm
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.