[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of doing the CCNA cert this summer. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 2s7edd-dhdokuN.jpg (163KB, 1080x1073px) Image search: [Google]
2s7edd-dhdokuN.jpg
163KB, 1080x1073px
I'm thinking of doing the CCNA cert this summer.

What are some good practice exam books?

Also, when do I know I'm ready to take the exam? I feel pretty confident with my lab and theory, but I've never taken an IT cert exam before, so I'm not really sure if what I know will be enough.
>>
File: 2osttg-018-4jI5ZjI.jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
2osttg-018-4jI5ZjI.jpg
50KB, 600x800px
bump
>>
I might be dating myself, but I used the ExamCram books umpteen years ago when I passed the CCNA.

Everyone's different, but for me it was a week or two of reading, tops, followed by breezing through the exam in 20 minutes. I wouldn't be so worried about passing.
>>
File: 2lxa2i-003-uB0WE88.jpg (776KB, 2489x3500px) Image search: [Google]
2lxa2i-003-uB0WE88.jpg
776KB, 2489x3500px
>>47666589

Thanks.
>>
>>47666589
the exam has gotten a bit harder than vlans and RIP, gramps.

anon I liked cbtnuggets, they helped me pass the exam with flying colors.
>>
>>47666424
>>47666485
>>47666603
This isn't /b/... fuck off with the bait pictures.
>>
File: 2tkmym-011-ZGnFFKC.jpg (165KB, 1194x1626px) Image search: [Google]
2tkmym-011-ZGnFFKC.jpg
165KB, 1194x1626px
>>47666746

She's 18, m8

>>47666721

As long as exam cram keeps their questions up to date it should be no problem, right?

And I'll be sure to check out cbtnuggets
>>
>>47666424
torrent some cbt nuggets and watch them all. They explain things very well. I hope you like reading or sitting in class because the videos alone won't give you enough to pass. I just passed mine today. I watched several series on CCNA and that helped ALOT because you get real world advice from those guys.
There were alot of very specific questions. ICND1 wasn't so bad but ICND2 was harder. Study spanning tree alot. Cisco has its flavors and then there are the industry standards. You need to KNOW them all. And also study frame relay and all the routing protocols.
>>
I've passed it twice. The first time was in high school, after 2 years of blowoff classes, then a summer actually reading the study guide by Todd Lammle. Passed the combined test.

This time I watched some videos on a crappy site plus YouTube, while working as a network guy on Cisco gear, and took the ICND1 and ICND2 separately. I passed the first, failed the second. Spent a solid two months with the official Cisco study guide for the ICND2 and passed it.

I recommend the Cisco stuff. Studying their CCNA Security one right now, chapter and a half in. Don't just read it once -- read it a few times over (unless it's a section you already know well) and do the sims and practice exams that come with the official cert book.
>>
>>47666802

I guess it depends on how much background/foundation you already have with computers. Of course, if you choose ExamCram you want the current edition.

Don't let people scare you - the CCNA isn't any harder than it was back in my day, long before we spent half our time debating muh lagdroid/iPhag phones here.

The material is just different, but the target student audience is the same. Cisco has no interest in choosing a career managing their gear needlessly difficult.
>>
Who is this bollock murloc?
>>
Are certs perminent? Do u need to renew them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.