[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>an increase of only 72GB >not even a exponent of 2 >costs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: msd[1].jpg (30KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
msd[1].jpg
30KB, 600x402px
>an increase of only 72GB
>not even a exponent of 2
>costs four times as much as the next thing down

Why is this okay?
>>
"big numba, big dolla"
>>
products like this have always existed, the outlier that ignores cost effectiveness

i suppose there's just enough rich cunts to justify it
>>
probably because it's the largest one available and thus a niece.
Ferrari's also go about twice as fast as my Volvo
>>
>>47045416
>niece
>>
>>47045314
If you don't want to pay for it, stop caring. Why does it bother you?
>>
It's because it's convenient, regular consumers would rather pay 4x more for double the storage than have to switch out cards. It's the same as people ordering takeout and tipping the delivery guy $5 instead of using a few cents of gas.
>>
>>47045314
>not even a exponent of 2

Why is this important?
>>
>>47045497
autisms
>>
>>47045497
some retards out there believe everything has to follow the exponent of 2 when it comes to memory.
>>
>>47045416
I think you meant niche
>>
>>47045546
so does ur face
>>
>>47045497
Mostly for the sake of filling up bits.

200 is 11001000 in binary so you have some zeros that are unused.
>>
File: pic (1).png (122KB, 716x440px) Image search: [Google]
pic (1).png
122KB, 716x440px
>>47045556
Thats it, you and me after school, we are gonna fight.
>>
>>47045557
my guess is that it's internally 128G + 64G chips

128+64=192G, which is 206158430208b, or 206GB, minus a bit for spare blocks and rounding, and bam, 200GB
>>
>>47045848
Storage manufacturers never list the actual available space. The actual usable space of this card is probably something closer to 191GB.
>>
>>47045858
>Storage manufacturers never list the actual available space.
that's not true at all
>>
>>47045314
Presumably because they couldn't manage to produce 256 GB chips with high enough yield to be viable, yet were able to have enough 256 GB chips with 200 usable to do that.

>>47045858
I bet this card has a little over 200 billion bytes of space. Just because the OS you chose doesn't measure storage in proper metric yet (1 KB = 1000 bytes, as opposed to nearest-power-of-two 1024 bytes) doesn't mean they're giving you less than they claim. Also filesystem data structures take up some space.
>>
>>47045314

Yes, because it costs money to develop that shit. Because they have to bin a lot of chips. And because of profit. Sure it's retarded to buy a 200gb sd card, but as long as people are willinbg to do it, why not?
>>
>>47045314
>GB
>exponent of two
You have been tricked
>>
>>47045926
They actually don't bin a lot of chips. A 128 GB chip with 98% bad sectors might be sold as a 2 GB chip. They just put a little microcontroller chip in with it to string together the good bits into a single usable block for you.
>>
>>47045858
Someone doesn't know the difference between GB and GiB
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.