[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /litfit/ how do I start removing my belly fat? I mostly stay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1491051204303.jpg (75KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1491051204303.jpg
75KB, 750x750px
Hey /litfit/ how do I start removing my belly fat? I mostly stay at home and read and want to get fit!
>>
u lose weight and build muscle

no spot reduction
>>
>>29291
90% of losing stomach fat is losing weight

The other 10 is just lift
>>
>>29340
>>29307
Would jogging cut it?
>>
File: 1472866068628.jpg (181KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
1472866068628.jpg
181KB, 363x321px
>>29291
Having a higher lean body mass by lifting weights and gaining muscle is conducive to fat loss. That being said losing fat on your belly only isn't something you can do without reducing fat overall as spot reduction is a myth. Your best bet would be to diet and lift with a light mix of cardio as you lose fat. Do this while keeping yourself 350-500 calories under your maintenance caloric intake. Then when you hit your goal in fat loss you stabilize your weight with diet at maintenance calories for 2 weeks and then put on more muscle to make keeping fat off easier in the future.
>>
>>29419
Cant go to the gym desu, I think I'm too introverted for those places. Will doing home exercise do and jogging?
>>
>>29415
Any kind of cardio will work so long as you track your work and stay in a caloric deficit. It doesn't matter really if it's energy in or energy out as thermodynamics will always be true.
>>
>>29457
Just do isometric workouts and the jogging will be fine. A good place to track your calories when you're just starting out is myfitnesspal. At first you'll put on some muscle and lose fat at a pretty quick pace but it usually slows down and begins to plateau.
>>
>>29511
>>29475
So basically the important thing is I reduce my caloric intake and keep myself from being a stagnant sitting piece of shit?
>>
>>29525
Yep. It's good to do some kind of physical activity because the idea is this is that weight loss does not equate to fat loss. You can of course lose a lot of weight but if a good portion of it is also muscle due to inactivity and poor diet you've just made yourself skinny fat. Also sitting at 500 calories under maintenance through work or diet will lose you about a lb of fat a week and keep you from losing too quickly and gaining unsightly skin flaps from loose skin.

Good luck and you'll make it no problem.
>>
>>29589
Thank's brah!
>>
>>29291
are you a sexy tomboy type girl.. or a skater trype brah?

best of luck on your weightloss
>>
>>29685
>tomboy type girl
No, I'm a skater trype brah
>>
>>29291
>I mostly stay at home and read

How about first you stay at home and read the sticky
>>
>>29415

Jogging does NOT work. The only way to lose weight is to eat less than you burn over a day. Aka being at caloric deficit. Jogging is for heart, it may help a bit to burn 200-300 cals at best but you can simply do that by not eating that donut. So jogging alone won't do anything like most women imagine. Start counting your calories religiously. Make it a habit and in a month you can see progress.
>>
>>30103
>only way to lose weight is to eat less than you burn
>jogging burns cals
>jogging doesn't work
>>
>>30218
>>30103
I'm confused. Does it or does it not?
>>
>>30262
It works. But you can't just do one or the other, you have to diet & excercise
>>
>>30292
Thanks! Will it reduce my man boobs too?
>>
>>30218
>>30262

What I forgot to add was that by burning 200 calls from jogging you go back home feel tired and exhausted and then eat more food than you regularly do. So you do not get any advantage. That's with most people. Cardio makes you hungrier. Actually any sport desu. So yeah jogging does not work because you will be filling yourself. So the focus should be on caloric deficit.
>>
>>30407

*Fooling, not filling. But that one fits to :))
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.