[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/, got a question, but first, some back story >around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: InjuryGains.jpg (3MB, 1920x1929px) Image search: [Google]
InjuryGains.jpg
3MB, 1920x1929px
Sup /fit/, got a question, but first, some back story

>around 9 months ago
>It's time to hit chest
>Hitting Pr's left right and centre
>today is a good day
>bench press time
>no spotter
>decide I know my shit and I'll be fine, go for pr
>can't get my third rep up
>lower it down to my waist and hyperextend my left wrist
>shit hurt for ages
>most painful experience of my life
>see doctor immediately
>doctor tells me it's just a sprain
>tells me they usually take 2 through 10 weeks to heal depending on severity
>10 weeks later
>doc wtf still can't lift
>recommends me to physio
>months go by
>I cry for the first time in fucking years, and I fucking hated it, it's not me, but by this point I've lost allot of mass
>physio was a fucking idiot
>get xray and ultra sound scan
>"We can't find anything wrong"
>WELL GUESS WHAT CUNT MY WRIST STILL FUCKING HURTS TO MOVE
>find new physio
>she actually knows her shit, explains it to me as we go through
>tell her whats been happening so far
>tells me my last physio was an idiot
>tells me since it's most likely more cartilage at this point and that's why it wouldn't show up on those scans
>I knew it
>been with this new physio for a while, she says I'm making progress
>I'm allowed to gym now, but it has to be light reps and half the amount of excercise
>my wrist still has a slight pain when lifting anything around 10kg
>10kg
>Fucking
>Still
>Can't
>Fucking
>Lift
>Properly
>it's literally all I want to do and pretty much all I had
>the only reason I got a job was for this shit, now I'm fucking working for nothing, it's nice to have money I guess
>I've learnt my lesson now, but what if I'll never be able to put it into action, I feel like I'm fucked for good

I'm starting to lose hope /fit/ or I think I may already have, my motivation is fucking dead, I feel fucking horrible, I'm resorting to bad habits again, my diet is fucking awful, I'm barely eating now, everything feels like it's falling apart, the people around me are starting to think I'm lazy and that it's all in my head, I actually feel like I'll fucking go insane if this keeps up, there's no one around who understands, I'm actually going to go nuts holy shit.

What should I do, what would you do?
>>
>>28814
My deepest condolences bro, I can only imagine how shitty that must feel.
If I personally had an injury and couldn't lift at all, I would turn into a big stinkin cardio guy. Might as well remain healthy in that respect if you can't stay big and strong.
However it doesn't seem like you're completely hopeless when it comes to continuing lifting. I would keep trying to figure out more about your injury, what lifts you can and can't do, and adapt accordingly.
Stay positive, friend.
>>
>>29033
Cheers bro
>>
>>28814
is that you in the photos?
Im sorry about your injury :(
I dont really have any advise sorry :( apart from keep going to the physio and im sure you couldnt have fucked up your wrist for life.
I mean people get paralysed and do rehab and then walk again and stuff

How much were you benching?
>>
>>28814
Sorry to hear that anon, that sucks

This is why I always find a spotter when planning on lifting heavy. Always afraid of messing something up. Even if I know it is in my abilities it's still a lot of weight and the slightest thing can mean game over. It's either I have a spotter or do something else that day.
>>
>>29963
Yeah that's me

was going for 80kgs, chest was one of my weaker points

I was about to hit 1pl8 OHP so pretty devo about that

>>30163
Yeah it seems I've learnt that the oh so very hard way
>>
>>30370
how come you blurred your face in all the pics but not the first one?
>>
>>30878
Just my autism, I don't really care desu
>>
>>31488
To be honest* fucking desu filter
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.