[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of having "knowledge" when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3174.jpg (25KB, 308x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3174.jpg
25KB, 308x477px
What's the point of having "knowledge" when you can just take your phone out and google stuff. Lol.
>>
Because you can only apply that information in your life in a practical way if you retain it.
>>
>>25343
Give me an example then nerd
>>
I had sort of a breakdown when I thought about this in middle school.
If you want to be factory about it, speed and efficiency.
If you want to be pseud about it, pick up dumb qthipster chicks.
>>
>>25371
whenever i get nervous talking to a girl, i remember that everybody poops
>>
>>25415
Could've just googled "how to not be nervous talking to a girl"
>>
>>25311
Because if you have to take your phone out to google something for any reason other than proving yourself correct, to some Debbie Doubtsalot, you've essentially admitted that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>25436
in order for that info to be practical you'd need to be able to apply that knowledge when you meet the girl. you can't just meet the girl, google how to speak with them properly as you're there with them, then apply that. you need to have retained the info prior to meeting with them
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 205x245px
>>25371
Philosophy is a good example.
Do it by yourself and you will most likely develop faulty methods that have already been invented and discredited, or that have been formulated in a most poignant and academic way.
Studying philosophy will teach you how to navigate concepts and thoughts efficiently. It doesn't matter what philosophy are you studying, this will be the result of you thinking and contemplating for hours and hours everyday: it will make your thought process more agile.
The concents themselves will help too, since you will be able to compare your ideas to ours, to experience new ways to expose an idea, and to see if what you've thought so far was unoriginal or underdeveloped.

Checking random facts on google will help you answering easy question while being absolutely oblivious of why that is the right answer. Studying accademically will train you to both analyze and create.

Also, fuck technology.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.