[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To lose weight, would I be better off cutting out meat or high-glycemic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

To lose weight, would I be better off cutting out meat or high-glycemic foods and carbs/starches? I really don't want to cut out carbs because they're so easy to get in abundance, and cheap too. Eating healthy is so fucking expensive.
>>
>>42893753
Both approaches work. Simple calorie restriction works too. Try them out and see what works well for you. We are quite different individuals, from a physiological point of view. If we were all the same, then all medicine would have the same effect on everybody, for example. And I'm fairly certain it's the same with food.
>>
>>42893788

I gained a bunch of weight a couple years ago when I was eating potato chips and beef jerky every day. I'm not that big (165lbs) but I can't seem to get my weight to go down.
>>
Count your calories and it doesn't matter which you eat more of, you will lose weight. Things to consider though, on a cut, if you do high carb low fat, you'll feel hungry more, but high fat low carb, your glycogen drops and your endurance goes to shit
>>
>>42893960

Know any good workout routines for people with heart problems?
>>
>>42893753
Frozen advocados are cheap af
>>
>>42894093
Consult your doctor before you do anything. What kind of heart problems?
>>
>>42893753
>Eating healthy is so fucking expensive.
It doesn't have to be.
Get your protein from 2 cans of mackerel (600g drained), your carbs from 1kg of potatos, and throw in 150g of lettuce and 30g of almonds for micros - you'll hit 165g of protein (good enough for 100kgs worth of big guy) at 1900 Calories.
Cheap and healthy as fuck, you'll even eat some nuts!
>>
>>42894202
>mackerel
but muh mercury
>>
>>42894113

Just born with an underdeveloped side, had to rewire it through the fully developed side.
>>
>>42894260
To be frank, I don't think I would reccomend heavy strength training at all, or HIIT. Seriously, at least talk to a GP first
>>
>>42894228
Mack is low in the food chain, it's the fish that eats other fish that accumulates heavy metals.
King mackerel is pretty bad, but the smaller varieties should be ok, or at least that's what I'm using and I haven't suffered obvious ill effects (yet).
>>
>>42893922
Eat less, workout more, drink more water
>>
>>42894202

My problem isn't calorie restriction, it's being able to stay full long enough to avoid bad foods.
>>
>>42893753
If your body consumes more per day than what you get from food, you will lose weight. If you get enough protein and training in, your body will preserve muscle. Thats it. Calories in, calories out.
However, because this is /fit/ after all, here are some things to consider for managing your hunger:
1. Cutting out carbs for your weightloss will make you not feel that hungry, but will still maintain your desired fat loss. This is a keto diet. Its good for losing fat and for certain diseases. But it has a downside, your ability to train suffers from it.
2. You can cut out carbs on certain days of the week, days where you do heavy strength training and/or HIIT. for example This approach is known as carb cycling. You do it so you can cut out fat, while still being able to train.
3. Another alternative is to eat only during a small part of the day and fast for the rest of it. This is intermittent fasting. Again, the goal here is to still be able to train properly.
4. You can also just /fast/ for X amount of days. Good luck training like that tho.
Every one of those options work. Find what works for you. However, you should always start out by tracking what you eat and how many calories you eat. Thats always the start, regardless of what you want to do. If you are /fat/, you should just start out by cutting out junk food and tracking what you eat.
>>
>>42893922
Bruh eat a half a cup of oats for "breakfast"(breakfast shouldn't even really be a meal, just something to keep your metabolism in check). Eat small things that are under 200 calories through out the day, and finish with a meal at for dinner. Mix this with exercise and your good to go senpai..
>>
>>42894377
Maybe you're using some wrong dieting strategy.
You might need some specific micronutrient, or more water, and your body reacts by telling you to simply eat. Or maybe you just aren't used to eating less, eating more low-calories mass (think leafy vegetables, spinach, lettuce...) would help.
>>
>>42893753
Look at the glycemic index on pasta/wheat and beef, you're in for a shock desu.

Calories are a good measurement of overall energy, they suck as an energy unit measurement if your diet is taken to extremes like mostly protein or fat in composition.
But other than that, if you eat less calories than you need to maintain weight you're gonna lose fat.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.