[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here on mind-drugs? (((They))) want me to get on drugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: ssri-side-effects-300x336.jpg (34KB, 300x336px) Image search: [Google]
ssri-side-effects-300x336.jpg
34KB, 300x336px
Anyone here on mind-drugs?

(((They))) want me to get on drugs because cognitive behavioural therapy isn't doing anything because my mind refuses to be in the place needed for it to work, so my clinical psychologist recommends that I go to her colleague (a psychiatrist) to get some drugs to help with the CBT.

-Do these drugs have any effect on body-composition?

-Will they kill my love for lifting?

-Will they give me gyno?

I've been lifting for 6 years and lifting is all I have in life and I don't want it to be fucked up by some mind drugs.
>>
>>42878648
Keep doing CBT dude... going on anti depressants was the worst choice of my life. There's no going back for me so I try to warn others
>>
On Paxil. Saw more gains actually because I am far less stressed out.
>>
>>42878655
>going on anti depressants was the worst choice of my life.
Why does everyone that has taken anti depressants say this? Surely they would stop perscribing them to patients since nobody likes them
>>
>>42878655
care to share and elaborate anon?
>>
I was placed on Adderall a few years ago after 5 years of trying CBT, Zoloft (they thought it was an anxiety issue), strattera (this just made me throw up breakfast and lunch).

I literally was a spergy adult, unable to have a conversation. It felt like my brain just didn't work, I couldn't focus on what words I was about to speak or focus on the words of people speaking to me. I did good in college though, graduated ahead of schedule with a BScCE

After taking 10mg adderall daily, I can have conversations, people tell me I have a personality now, I can crack jokes, do things I feel I wasn't able to 1-2 years ago.

Nothing but good things to say about adderall bro, so if you're ADHD and we're doing CBT for this, it might make a large positive impact on your life
>>
>>42878655
Well I have been diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder.

At my core I don't want to change, but being this way makes it impossible to function in society and I've been unable to work, make friends, or get a GF, and I'm nearly 30.

I've essentially been a shut-in the last 12+ years.

My psychologist seemed to get annoyed in the last session because there's nothing for her to "work with" if you know what I mean, I have absolutely nothing in my life, I'm barely human, and deep down in a way I don't even care actually like being this way, so that makes it very difficult for the psychologist to do anything when deep down I don't actually want to change, hence why she recommends the drugs in order to perhaps change my mindset.

I'm already a walking "nothing" right now.

She made me apply for disability and now decided to stop seeing me once a week and now only wants to see me once a month at the most, I think she thinks I'm pretty much a no hoper doing it naturally without any kind of drug assistance.Which I'd agree with.

Also - in before "HURR FEMALE PSYCHOLOGISTS ARE SHIT LOL GO GET A MALE ONE"

I already had other ones, all men, they were shit, if anything this female one is the best one so far. Most of the guys were full "be yourself" tier meme.
>>
>>42878702
All psychologists are shit.
The entire field of psychology is pseudo scientific bullshit that only works due to placebo
>>
>>42878702

I think you should be wary of stating antidepressants is the worst choice anyone could make, given that your own set of experiences are pretty non-normative, and even then, the anecdote does not describe your issues arising from taking the drug itself, but rather your own peculiarities.
-

To the OP, I would ask you to consider whether your mental issues (I am assuming depression), causes you to experience emotional pain, in terms of guilt and anxiety, or whether your depression arises from an inability to motivate yourself to do things, or have the energy necessary to go after your goals.
In the first case, go for serotonin increasing antidepressants, for the second, go for dopamine increasing antidepressants (Selegiline is great).
>>
>>42878648

>-Do these drugs have any effect on body-composition?

Antidepressants like Sertraline, which increase serotonin will increase bloating and might induce weight gain. They will not suddenly make you gather fat on your waist like a gurl.
>-Will they kill my love for lifting?
Unlikely, but entire depends on how you respond to the drug
>-Will they give me gyno?

No
>>
>>42878648
>never hit the gym
>see therapist
>sent to psychiatrist
>prescribed Lexapro and Buspirone
>feel motivated and not anxious about everything
>hit the gym every night/every other night
>actually starting to see gains now
>asked twice in the last week if i started lifting weights
It's worth it man, it's all been worth it, only drawback is more work to get off in bedroom but didn't lose erections or have weight fluctuations which were my concerns
>>
I've been on Aurorix (Moclobedin) for 10 days and it's amazing. I have much less anxiety and feel more focused. I have been trying to improve on those things for over a year before on my own before going to the doctor so I don't think it's a miracle drug but I think it's really helping me past a plateau I've hit.

I have been on SSRIs before(Sertralin) but they did nothing good for me.
>>
>>42878648
not to put you down m8 but this thread is pointless. the only answer to your question is YMMV.
when i started ADs i lost a kilo a week for over 2 months before i realised i had mostly stopped eating.
depending on the flavour yes they may kill your lifting high.
>>
>to help with the Current Body Thread
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>42878648

>scared of "tha Jooz" placing him on standard antidepressants
>still sees "tha Jooz" for therapy anyway

Unfortunately you're so fucking stupid you're basically incurable no matter what you do.
>>
>>42878655
this, don't fall for the psychiatry meme
>>
>>42878702
Hei brah, I'm a clinical psych student, can share an opinion with you if you like. it's entirely up to you to decide, but I know of cases of other people who have been helped by drugs for their personality disorder. It actually works for many people. I'd advise you to still go to therapy at least once a week. Most drugs take at least 2-3 weeks to have some visible effect. If you're concerned about side effects I suggest you to ask directly to this psychiatrist what you should expect. I know lifting is important and you shouldn't give it up, but if you feel like you're suffering for other in your life, then you might want to consider trying and see for yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.