[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some small lifestyle changes you made that really made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: self-improvement.jpg (211KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
self-improvement.jpg
211KB, 640x480px
What are some small lifestyle changes you made that really made a difference long term?

For me
>showering once a day or every other day
I used to shower twice a day for years and had bad acne. Its been less than 2 months since I stopped and all my acne has gone away

>using cotton buds to clean my ears
They just push wax into your ears, natural cleaning is the way to go

That's just my 2 cents
>>
>sit on toilet
slow painful shits
>squat on toilet
efficient pleasurable waste distribution
>>
>>42875200
The toilet seat will break and you'll get ceramic sharps up your ass
>>
Hasn't been long enough but I've started being strict with when I go to sleep/wake up and how I split up my day.

I only work 3 days a week (36 hour live in shift + 1 12 hour shift) so I would stay up till midnight-2 am on my days off and then get really shitty sleep when I had to wake up at 5 for work.

>limit myself to a few hours on my PC a day, try to make the day as productive/social as possible
>switched to a new workout schedule, already loving it more than the old slapdash shit I had before
>stopped drinking 4-5 pots of coffee a day, limit to 1 in the morning and tea in the evening.
>>
>>42875133
never clean your ears with cotton buds man

not what theyre menat for
>>
>>42875269
Feels fucking good though senpai
>>
>>42875351
you do kno you can damage your ear bones right
>>
Don't say things that you know to be false.
>>
tracking calories with myfitnesspal.

It literally made me accountable for everything I eat. Now I hit my macros everyday, and hit my calorie goals about 98% of the time.

I've lost about 45 lb since febuary, dropped more than 15% BF and gained a bunch of muscle.

Another thing I've implemented is supplementing with whey, creatine, multivitamins and fish oil every day. I started taking my supplementation seriously about a month ago. Before I would take it once in a while, on and off.
Things I noticed from this change: Better recovery, hit and often exceed my protein goals everyday while keeping calories low, better pumps in the gym, progress in the gym at a much faster rate than before I was supplementing.

I have been working out for about a year and 8 months now, so I have somewhat of a grasp on my training, and how my body recovers.

These 2 things (Macro tracking [via myfitnesspal free version], and Proper supplementation [whey, creatine, fishoil, multivitamin, vit D, vit B, glucosamine, calcium, etc..]) have significantly improved my gym performance, and body composition.
>>
>>42875418

Post physique
>>
Stretching for 5 minutes immediately after bed, and instead of having my coffee in the kitchen I have it on the porch so I can watch the birds and squirrels.
>>
>>42875508
Don't do any spine stretches, something to do with your disc fluid being minimal at the beginning of the day, making it more susceptible to damage
>>
I take all my electronics out of my bedroom now and bought actual blinds to cover my windows.
Goddamn, a lifetime of never getting a good night sleep and I never realized.
>>
>>42875216
pros outweigh the cons
>>
I take that two showers a day, 1 after wrestling practice and 1 after I workout. How do I limit this to one because I have horrible acne. Can't skip the shower after practice or I'll get some filthy skin infection and don't wanna skip the one after I workout cause I'm all sweaty and shit
>>
>>42875359
>puncturing your ear drums to get that last bit of ear wax
>>
>>42875586
>How do i limit this

You're not making acne worse because you shower 2 times a day. You're making it worse because

1. You let shampoo run down on your face when showering. Never ever do that. Tilt head backwards and let it run down your back. Helped my acne so much

2. Youre showering in water thats too hot. Also helped me decrease acne.

But what really stopped it 100% was Clindoxyl + face cleanser gel and water based moisturizer, but I had REALLY bad acne.
>>
>>42875586
I would say the one after workout.

What I do is shower once in the morning and thats it until tomorrow.

When I first cut my showers I put a towel over my pillow and washed my bedding once a week on Sunday.

That was around August 1st and all my acne has gone away and my bedding doesn't get oily or dirty at all anymore.

Honestly just accept being dirty and after a while it won't feel so bad
>>
>>42875634
>Youre showering in water thats too hot. Also helped me decrease acne
Can confirm. Every time I shower too hot a few days in a row my bacne returns.
>>
>>42875418
>Another thing I've implemented is supplementing with whey, creatine, multivitamins and fish oil every day
Do you take any isolated vitamins outisde of the multivitamin thing?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.