[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is more of a medical question, but I guess it´s still worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: KoolKidsKlub.jpg (33KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
KoolKidsKlub.jpg
33KB, 500x600px
This is more of a medical question, but I guess it´s still worth a try.

I started working out around 11 month ago during a hospital stay.
Got a routine perfectly tailored to my needs and I go there once a month for new exercizes and a checkup.
I already lost 20 kilo (44lbs) - went from 123 kilo (264lbs) to 100 kilo (220lbs) to 103 kilo.

It´s clearly showing in my legs and chest area.
The problem being: I haven´t lost a single milimeter around my belly and ass. Despite losing what I think is quite an amount of fat. I started measuring around 2,5 months in and my...radius hasn´t changed in the slightest.

Also, my muscles are building INCREDIBLY slowl, despite a healthy diet (also tailored onto me in the clinic). I never skip out on my training and often do more exercises then I´m supposed to be doing...
I get told this at every checkup, but they never have a solution and none of the doctors I´ve been to so far could help, either.

The only lead I have right now is, that the fat cells in my belly seemingly have stored some kind of poisonous matter, meaning they "refuse" to open up because that would return the poisonous matter into my bloodstream.
Even IF (and I doubt it) that was the problem, tho, the only solution according to the doctor would be a liposuction, which isn´t really a solution, in my eyes...not that I could afford it, either way.

I was hoping that maybe, someone amongst you has had similar problems...and that said someone might have a solution for my dilemma, because the lack of progress is SERIOUSLY killing my motivation.

So, yeah...thanks in advance.
>>
>>42873954
Specify your diet, routine and most recent lifting stats, dummy
>>
>>42874042
I kinda suck at ...let´s call it "professional lifting english" as in "I don´t know how the exercises are called.
What I do mostly, around here is called "Zirkel" (circle), which is (3x) 25 minutes of exercizes, that, one after the other, use every part of your body, for general fitness. Before that, I spend 15 minutes on the...trainstepper? whatchamacallit... - and afterwards I just spend another half hour with benchpresses and similar stuff + 10 minutes of cooldown on the bike.

My diet is mostly black bread in the morning and shitloads of greens + white/red meat, eggs, rice...for dinner and lunch. Mostly Wok-Stuff, asian, or raw steak/ schnitzel with cooked greens.
>>
>>42874123
OK so you don't lift at all... Read the sticky and gtfo, Kraut
>>
>>42873954
The long and short of it is that the body is an arsehole. When you go to sleep the body raises it's levels of Cortisol - this hormone tells the body to free up fat from the your extremities (re: not the belly) and if not used, place it into the belly.

The body literally replenishes belly fat every night from fat in other parts of the body.

There's a few things you can do:
- Keep going, it'll run out of fat in the extremities
- Do lots of endurance cardio training
- Start doing lots of HIIT
>>
>>42874147
No need to be a fucking bitch about it.

>>42874155
>your body is an arsehole.
Sadly, I´ve come to this concusion, too. It was annoying enough to not be fit when I was simply too lazy to work out, but now that I am working out and still not getting fit, it´s getting seriously depressing.
Thanks for the tips, otherwise, man - I´ll be looking up HIIT because I have no fucking clue what it is, right now.
>>
>>42874273
Technically the body is doing it's best to survive. It just doesn't realise that what it wants and what we want are quite different.

HIIT = High Intensity Interval Training
Sprints is a common form:
- warm up jog for 4-5 min
- Sprint for 30 seconds at your 8-9/10 max speed
- break for 1 minute
- repeat steps 2/3 until you can do no more

The idea behind it is to put your body under stress, raise the heart rate and make your body require lots of glucose to do it's things. By lowering the blood glucose, using up the stores in the liver - you force the body to take from the fat. HIIT is a good way to achieve these goals without having to spend an hour plus doing endurance cardio.
>>
>>42874334
I know, I know - it´s still rather depressing, to be honest.
I just looked up the HIIT and "Zirkel" is pretty much exactly that. You got 8 Stations, 2 of them cardio, the other 6 are always one minute long and you do them with enough weights that you´re compltely fucked after the 60 seconds. Then you have 30 seconds to take a break and switch the machine and so it goes on....so it´s pretty much exactly what I´m already doing. Or at least, I think so?
>>
>>42874399
I'd personally don't like 'circuit' type sessions. I'd honestly say be more focused by just doing one thing for the duration until your 100% fucked. e.g. sprints.

Weights may be fatiguing the muscles as opposed to raising the heart rate to it's max for long as you can sustain.
>>
>>42874399
Looking at what you've said a bit closer, the timings are kind of the opposite. If you're doing 60 seconds of something - you've probably crossed past the anabolic ability of your breath and have had to slow down. The 30 second on / 60 seconds off - well, technically you should do a do a light jog or a walk during sprints HIIT to keep the heart rate up/keep muscles warm - are important numbers. You just can't really do a 8-9/10 sprint for 60 seconds.
>>
>>42874635
I´ll ask about what you said next time I go in for my checkup - the thing is that I can´t just change my routine due to some problems with my body, but I´ll be copying your tips and I´ll be looking into it. Thanks.
>>
>>42874712
Good luck and don't give up. Your current progress of 20kg in 11 months is amazing.

You could probably do any exercise you want but as long as you are at a calorie deficit you'll get there eventually. Determination and persistence are the biggest factors! These are just ways to try speed that along.

Also, the idea that your fat cells might have poisonous matter in them is a load of shit. There's no way for the body to know that, it's just not that smart.
>>
>>42873954
Why were you in hospital? Was this part of a rehab or due to weigh related problems? If its related to your heart health/a cardiac episode I would not do HIIT or any other intense exercise before approval of your doctor
>>
>>42873954
It could be genetics, meaning that your body prefers to store body fat in the belly area and then go for the extremities, so it will probably start using up fat from there eventually, as long as you keep losing weight of course. You're still at 100kg, so unless you are some giant you still have fat to lose.
Keep working at it dude, if I'm right you'll start losing fat from your belly soon. And good fucking job on your progress so far, you've come a long way.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.