[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get into lifting >don't want to go to gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: go lift.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
go lift.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>want to get into lifting
>don't want to go to gym to be around people
>never lifted barbell in life
>decide to buy power cage, bar bell, weights
>only buy 70 pounds of weights
>post on /fit/ day I order it
>told I should order more weights
>order two 45 pound plates
>everything arrives, have 205 pounds total between bar and weights
>build power cage tonight
>try deadlifting 1 plate
>easy as fuck
>try deadlifting bar with all my weights on it (205 pounds total)
>can easily do a set of 5 reps
>can't even find out my max because I don't have enough weights
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw now trying to bench 1 plate
>was kinda able to do two awkward reps, but idk if I can truly say I benched 1 plate because I didn't quite extend my arms all the way (like 90% of the way)
>gonna rest a few minutes, eat a few Clif Shot energy gels, then try benching 1 plate (135 pounds) again

>haven't tried ohp or squat yet

A-am I gonna make it?

Also I am 72kg skinnyfat, what should I realistically be able to bench right now, having never lifted a barbell in my life before now?
>>
*I am 76kg
not 72kg
>>
>>42867219
what height are you ?
>tfw 6ft skelly 150 pound that can just about squat 120
>>
>>42867231
Idk like 5'11" or so
>>
>>42867231
>squat 120

I can't comprehend how you could have legs this weak, I could squat 140 as a 13 year old 115 lb teenager.
>>
>>42867265
What if the limiting factor is his arms? What if he just can't hold over 120 pounds?
>>
>>42867279
My point still stands, you'd have to be surprisingly weak to not be able to hold a bar on your traps
>>
http://www.sears.com/body-solid-orst455-black-rubber-grip-olympic-plates/p-SPM10347619318

was able to buy this set for $649 about 3 months ago, the driver didn't have a lift so had to tear open the crate in the truck and carry in all the plates, was quite tedious
>>
>>42867283
Technically you didn't say he is weak, you said his legs are weak, yet he might have legs of the gods but just weak as fuck upper :^)
yes I'm just shitposting
ignore me
>>
You basically reached your natural potential and should probably get on gear.
>>
>>42867279

>limiting factor is arms
>squat

Nigger..
>>
>>42867349
Hey bro, it's possible
>>
>>42867219
wew lad i'm the opposite
>fatty
>want to lift free weights
>scared i probably won't even be able to lift the bar itself
s-should i just do dumbbells and machines until i'm not weak enough to shit myself on the bar?
>>
>>42867219
Just keep going OP don't worry about what you should be able to do and just lift. You'll get better as long as you eat big at the same time youll see a some good noob gains
>>
>>42867411
No, because you haven't lifted the bar yet. Try squatting it. I started lifting in July. Initially it was really difficult. Now the bar by itself is fucking nothing.

Its only 20kg/45lb. It can't hurt you. Just do it, it's where you start.
>>
OP here, I backed off to weightless bar then slowly added plates. Was able to do 115 pounds very easily. Then upped it to one plate (135) and this time I was actually able to bench it for one rep. It was quite difficult but I managed to do it. Happy for day 1, my goal was to bench 1 plate day 1. I did have to arch my back a little. Is that good/bad/cheating? My back is a little sore now, will I injur my back if I regularly arch my back while benching?

>>42867411
I'm new to lifting obviously so I can't really give specific advice, just don't be a fucking faggot, and by that I mean don't fucking give up or give in. Just go and lift and do what you can and push yourself to be the best you can possibly be. And go try to lift the bar, see how it goes.

>>42867433
Thanks
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.