[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first year at pic related >go to uni gym >packed with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: UCF.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
UCF.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>first year at pic related
>go to uni gym
>packed with people
>not allowed to squat/DL with no shoes
>not allowed to do any standing overhead presses or olympic lifts
>messes up both upper and lower day

Why they do this /fit? Like as long as you keep your shoes out of the way and make sure you have adequate room to do OHP or olympic lifts, what harm does doing either present that makes it necessary to ban them?
>>
my uni gym has 6 oly lifting stations

kek
>>
>>42864233
I envy you then. UCF has like 4 squat racks that are not smith machines and has an area around them that allows Deadlifting, enough room for maybe 3-4 people. Does you gym have the same rules or do they not care, actually curious.
>>
do seated OHP

my gym has retarded rules too like we have to use clips on bench

If you expect to be doing OLY lifts then maybe get a proper gym membership?
>>
>>42866117
I have a gym membership at a nearby LA Fitness, but they are closed and remodeling for a couple weeks right now. They legit don't give a shit what you do as long as you are not bothering other people or breaking gym equipment. Thought I'd try the Uni gym out seeing as it's apart of tuition. It's just stupid rules.
>>
Our gym is sick af (ucf gym). Don't be a sperg and keep your shoes in and it's great. No Olympic lifting is kinda dumb but it the deadlift area is too small for thst to be safe with that many people around anyway
>>
>>42866098
not that guy, but UIUC has four power racks, two squatting racks, and only two deadlift platforms for a school of about 50,000 people.

It has the same shitty rules about no olympic lifts, but they are cool with overhead press I think. They have the same shoe rule, but my friend and I usually just squat and deadlift with no shoes until a worker tells us to put them on. By then we are usually almost done anyways. Like 75% of the time nobody says anything though.
>>
>>42863245
>>42866175
Knights represent, there's a convenient small non-crowded gym too for chest day
>>
>>42866142
haha this is too good. i go there too, this remodeling is throwing me off. i dont like the ucf gym. keep an eye out for me at LA
>6'5
>>
>>42863245
>Like as long as you keep your shoes out of the way and make sure you have adequate room to do OHP or olympic lifts, what harm does doing either present that makes it necessary to ban them?
because just don't deadlift barefoot you goddamn sperg
>>
>>42866175
See the no oly I can kind of agree with because of room, but having to always wear shoes and no standing press is stupid. Even in terms of oly, do they really take up any more space than deadlift? If someone is right near you, it be hard to not hit them while deadlifting too. You can organize room and try and let people know what you are doing before a set.

>>42866230
I have went to the Uni gym today and yesterday, both around afternoon time, and they had quite a few workers walking around and scanning the area most of the time. Right when I took my shoes to squat, worker was there withing a couple seconds telling me to put them back on. Maybe there are less workers at night, but I like lifting in the morning/afternoon due to a pre with a shit ton of caffeine.
>>
>attend ucf for 3 years
>realize the course work is an absolute joke
>transfer to another school with half the population of ucf
>gym here blows rwc out of the water
5 oly platforms, 5 squat racks, 6 flat benches, 3 each incline, decline and seated bench stations, large dumbbell area and a second, smaller gym that is only for lifting (aside from like 2 treadmills)
>>
>>42866244
I mostly keep to myself and go around 11-12 in afternoon. Look for the guy who takes long as fuck rest breaks on squats and deadlifts and looks like he should be lifting more than he is (only a bit more than 3plt on both at 6'2). At least my bench is good....
>>
>>42866282
Is the no "white beaters" rule still in effect?

>>42866282
>course work is an absolute joke

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who thought this. UCF is seriously overrated. Possibly meme-tier.
>>
>>42863245
FUCK YOU OP

t. USF
>>
>>42866307
UCF is absolutely a meme. My junior level programming class there was Comp Sci 100 here. We did the exact same assignments and covered the exact same material up to the last third here which was new stuff. The social life is the only thing worth going there for, but even then it's shitty
>>
>>42866347
d-delet t-this....
>>
>>42866323
USF is actually closer to my home town and would have been more preferable, but they only take 35 people into the program I wanted per year based on GPA and I'm a dumb lazy fuck who passes with B's and C's in the classes that mattered. UCF had no such limit though so I am now here.
>>
File: 1494364777006.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1494364777006.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>>42866347

UCF Housing on and off campus is a wallet killer (especially if you don't have a car). I wish I would've stayed at my local CC for 2 years and went to UF.
>>
Wow thats a decent amount of UCF bros for a random thursday night.

Stop bitching OP. UCF gym is pretty nice. They dont let you do olympic lifting and standing OHP because retards would maim themselves constantly. It also gets wayy too packed in the afternoon.

Other than that, its fucking dope. Looks fucking awesome, clean, cardio bunnys, plenty of free weights, cables. The gym bros walk around and give you a spot; They also use to tell retards not to curl in the squat rack and shit like that.

UCF is kinda retarded but the gym was pretty nice
>>
>>42863245
>no standing OHP
i mean oly lifts are somewhat understandable because some gyms don't like weights being dropped.. but OHP? fucking seriously?
>>
Mfw like 5 other people from UCF here
>>
>>42866520

I mean it is one of the biggest unis in the country going by population right? Not that surprising.
>>
>>42866542
Still don't usually see it on threads here
>>
>>42863245
Where are you Jay?
>>
Any valencia community college bros here since were talking of ucf?
>>
File: IMG_3428.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3428.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>>42866520
FEELIN' FIT BUDDY?
>>
who's gay and lives near ucf?
>>
>>42866734
If only there were an app that helped you find out.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.