[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does HIIT interfere with my gains? Does it have the same problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Y3iz13p.jpg (123KB, 1410x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Y3iz13p.jpg
123KB, 1410x1416px
Does HIIT interfere with my gains? Does it have the same problem normie cardio does?
>>
>>42848050
If you're referring to gaining mass, it will if you do not increase your caloric intake. Try and estimate how many calories you will burn during your cardio, and then eat extra according to that.
>>
>>42848050
thank bro
>>
hiit will fuck your recovery
>>
>>42848050
it can be a negative if there is too large an eccentric component to it.
HIIT rowing and cycling is great (concentric)
HIIT sprints and KB swings can interfere with programming by not allowing sufficient recovery.
>>
>>42848050
Properly done Hiit is a workout that is far more stressful on your body then basic strength training for someone of your obvious level.

Your recovery capacity will be wrecked and you'll hit the wall and completely bonk soon.

Properly done HIIT Is a short term thing to get you up to a certain level or maintain in terms of anaerobic and aerobic capacity, it's really not something that a natural can do consistently like 3-7 times a week.

It's a full body taxing workout in and of itself and not simply a little addition you tack on later.

If you're trying to build as much mass and strength as possible quickly then you can do them, but only twice a week and they should be seen as a workout in and of themselves.

When you feel yourself getting burned out switch to something like walking, jogging, swimming to give your body time to rest up from the stress.

and the bitch in that pic would get the dick whether she wants it or not
I swear to god
>>
>>42849622
I've done hiit once, 40 sprints of 40 yards. Fucked up my legs for a week. I'm also on a cut so that was probably a bad idea in terms of recovery.

Is running/cardio bad for gains and retaining muscle on a cut?

All the people that run marathons and shit are gross skinny faggots.
>>
>>42849765
>Is running/cardio bad for gains and retaining muscle on a cut?

Not if you eat enough.

>All the people that run marathons and shit are gross skinny faggots.

Don't train to run 42km competitively then, faggot. 5km 3 times a week is plenty for heart/lung health.
>>
>>42848050
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>42849509
mostly this

I do sprints 1-2x/wk, 10x50m
>>
>>42849765
>Is running/cardio bad for gains and retaining muscle on a cut?
No as long as you keep it reasonable and eat enough.
But cardio/running exercise that most people do burns shit for calories so there'll be no problems.

To tell you the truth, people vastly overestimating how many calories they burn during exercise and vastly underestimating how much rest and recovery they need is THE BIGGEST PROBLEM when it comes to exercise.
>>
File: 99mOEbg.jpg (107KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
99mOEbg.jpg
107KB, 1080x1080px
Natasha Aughey why can't you squat on my face?
>>
>>42851772
>>42851851
>Not if you eat enough.
So 500 deficit won't damage me?

I've done some intense jumping jacks and jumping around for 20-30 mins and my legs were sore as fuck after that, and still are after 2 days with 8+ hours of sleep.

I feel like my recovery is in the trash on a cut.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.