[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has bodybuilding always focused on the frontal upper body

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: PS-PDN1_f[1].jpg (109KB, 300x457px) Image search: [Google]
PS-PDN1_f[1].jpg
109KB, 300x457px
Why has bodybuilding always focused on the frontal upper body (chest, shoulders, abdominals, etc) and arms (especially biceps) when the natural physique of a strong man is always dominated by the lower body and back?

This isn't a diss at bodybuilding, I just find it weird that people have been taught to appreciate such unnatural body shapes when the shapes of weightlifters or even wrestlers are so much more natural and beautiful.
>>
>>42844446
thick legs look like shit unless you're over 6'2
>>
>>42844446
>Why do normies prefer cheeseburger and pizza over gourmet dishes?
>>
>>42844450
>t. squatlet
>>
All about the beach body.
>>
>>42844480
>heightlet
>>
>>42844446
The upper body is usually the first thing a person will see in another person, for females especially they're going to make the first impression, if they have a strong and sculpted upper body that's what their take away will be and. Of course if your shirtless abs will also be taken into the equation but no person is going to immediately look down at your thighs and cavles for a sign of strength. Despite what /fit/ wants you to believe.
>>
because actually strong men have big upper bodies and don't look like Rippetoe victims
>>
Humans have greater sexual dimorphism in upper body strength than lower body strength - while men are stronger than women all over, they're disproportionately stronger in the upper body. There are more androgen receptors in the delts, upper back, pecs, and upper arms; that's why those muscles grow extra fast on steroids. Probably comes down to the fact that fighting and throwing (which men do) require more upper body strength than running and jumping (which both men and women do, to some extent).

So in short, a conspicuously strong upper body is a biological signal of masculinity / high testosterone.
>>
>>42845903
>took an intro to biology class and now uses evolution to explain everything

OP you should have strong legs and a strong upper body. One or the other will not do. Haven't you seen ronnie squatting? Or arnold's legs in his prime?
>>
>>42845923
Where did I say you shouldn't train for strong legs too? I was just explaining why people focus on the upper body when it comes to aesthetics. Work on that reading comprehension.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.