[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So mcuh conflicting shit on this stuff (((Clinical studies)))

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

So mcuh conflicting shit on this stuff

(((Clinical studies))) show you have virtually no chance of getting side effects

Thought there are 1000s of stories of guys getting bad ED, depression, suicidal

It could be that those guys were already beta and had/would have had those things anyway, and they just coped their inadequacies onto finasteride fishing for a lawsuit

Any experiences?

Any way to get doctors to prescribe 5mg proscar to save costs? Vast majority will not do it, but some success stories
>>
File: Finasterin.png (650KB, 1537x988px) Image search: [Google]
Finasterin.png
650KB, 1537x988px
I've been taking this for a year with no side effects at all. Muh dicklet works great as usual, no depression, gains not affected...., hair lost has been reduced a lot (reduced, not stopped).
I returned after a 2-year hiatus due to working abroad and the shit was hard to get prescribed.
>>
I take finasteride, and have had no side effects. I've been taking it for about two years and I think it's slowed/stopped recession. 1mg is the dose for treating alopecia, but you can just quarter the 5mg if that's all your insurance will pay for.

I think it's really important to catch hair loss early, then also supplement with diet, vitamins, proper shampoo and conditioner, scalp massages and even hair mask. Also consider topical minoxidil. I'm also a pharmacist, for what that's worth.
>>
>>42841292
Is it the same as finasteride? You just divide the 5mg into 4?

>>42841352
I didn't think insurance paid for any of it

Know any tricks to get the 5mg? My knowledge is that doctors only prescribe the more expensive 1mg for ethical reasons or something
>>
Don't do it OP. I'm in the crowd where I agree that yes, MOST people will have no sides. But more than Merk claim. I mean its Merk, why would you ever trust them. They've been fined and sued before for fucking with studies and stats. Hell they fought tooth and nail to deny that the possibility of long term sides existed until eventually they were forced to.

I took it for about a year. My libido dropped a bit so I said you know what fuck it and tapered off it over the course of two weeks.

Well one day I found I couldn't get an erection anymore. At first I thought, eh its all in my head. But I was just worried enough. Went to my doctor and asked to get some blood work. My fucking test was lower than a 90 year old mans. My Dr. was super concerned. Said we'd watch it for another 3 weeks or so and if no changes I'd have to start TRT. Luckily in about 2 and a half weeks it came back and slowly the erections and stuff did too.

But after that I fully believed the stories of guys who got permanently messed up by it. Because guess what, Merk also would deny that its possible for your test to drop like that from the meds. But as a healthy 23 year old man, there is nothing else in my life that could have caused that.
>>
File: despair.jpg (23KB, 308x302px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
23KB, 308x302px
>>42841482
>>
>>42841427
You'll have to find a doctor who's willing to play the game. Finasteride is available in 5mg tabs for treating enlarged prostate (considered a valid medical condition by insurance companies) and 1mg tab for hair loss (considered to be cosmetic by insurance companies, thus not covered). The key is finding a doctor who will write for the 5mg tabs so insurance covers it, with the understanding that you'll take around 1mg. It's not a problem to quarter it, you'll just get slightly over 1mg. I suppose you could consider it fraudulent, but honestly, I don't think insurance companies should be in the business of dictating drug regimens and deciding what is and isn't a valid medical condition. MPB effects most males at some point in their lives and can be pretty psychologically damaging for some.
>>
I've been on Finasteride for close to 2 years; my hair is basically the same since I had started (had a little bit of thickening actually). The shit is cheap and works. The vocal minority will always be present; must guys don't get sides.

Pic related is my hair line.
>>
I noticed my hairline receding late last year, and started on Finasteride in February. My doctor warned me that it's much more effective at stopping hair loss on the crown, not the front, but told me that the sexual side effects are pretty much a myth. I took his advice, and my hair loss has almost completely stopped (god bless). Minoxidil has given me some regrowth, but the hairs are still wispy and thin (and the coverage is pretty minimal too). I haven't experienced any side effects from either drug.

Also, to the dudes on /fit/ who have the fortune to not be stricken by MPB, don't gloat about it. I used to be like you, and then I turned 26 and ate my words.
>>
>>42841623
Is that how it looked before fin

You're barely even receding
>>
File: cz64.jpg (78KB, 583x586px) Image search: [Google]
cz64.jpg
78KB, 583x586px
>>42842032

It looks worse depending on the angle, here is a selfie where you can see more of it. No im not a model.
>>
>>42842088
lol that isn't me.

I would say that my one temple was a little worse and thickened up
>>
>>42841623
Bruh I'm 19 and my hair is fine and your hairline is better than mine
>>
>>42842373
I have BDD but I had a derm confirm that I was started to recede a little; he prescribed my 5 mg fin tabs
>>
Yeah I take like a quarter pill of proscar and my dick works fine. It's legit. After a few months some hair starts growing back and my hair upfront started getting thicker. I recommend it, all that limp dick shit is bullshit. Like there is literally zero difference in my sex drive or anything. Everything is the same except for the hair where my hairline is receding.
>>
>>42841127
Counter studies have been done where people reported broke dick on fucking sugar pills.

It's all in your fucking mind. Get on fin and never look back and laugh at baldcucks who were too late to save.

Been on it for over a year, no sides.
>>
>>42841127
I think it's individual. I had hella sides that stayed for months after fin.Cum became clear. Dick got numb. Sex became impossible. Idk man. I wouldn't touch that shit ever again. And the brain fog and depression is like death.
>>
>>42841127
I use fin and minox and keto shampoo. I jerk off 4 times a day and my hair is great. I just told the doc that proscar was covered under my insurance so she gave it to me.
>>
>>42843205
Psychosomatic
>>
Keep in mind OP that DHT is a hormone that's active in the brain and that blocking DHT formation will lead to neurological changes.

Also keep in mind that 5ar doesn't just reduce testosterone but a number of other hormones as well.

If you're okay with haphazardly fucking with your body delicate chemical balance for something as insignificant and superficial as head hair, than go for it .
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.