[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The protein "myth" has been floating around for generations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2783.jpg (458KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.jpg
458KB, 2048x1536px
The protein "myth" has been floating around for generations. Historically, it can be traced to Milo of Crotona in the sixth century B.C. He was a famous Greek athlete who was considered to be one of the strongest men in ancient Greece. He had won wrestling victories in 5 Olympic games as well as in other sacred festivals.

Legend has it that Milo applied progressive resistance in the form of lifting a growing calf daily. By the time the calf was 4-years-old Milo carried it the length of the Olympian stadium, and then proceeded to kill, roast and consume it. Milos' daily consumption of meat was recorded at approximately 20 pounds a day.

When we fast-forward to the era of the sixties and seventies we find there was a renewed hype about protein being some sort of miracle food. This was due, largely, to the muscle magazines of the era which pushed protein and claimed it could make you grow as big as a god!

As a result, many bodybuilders and strength trainers started to consume large quantities of whole milk, meat and eggs.

Excessive protein, can cause a variety of body ailments--such as kidney and heart disease, constipation, and osteoporosis. These are often cited as the main reason one would want to steer clear of a diet rich in protein
>>
>>42840972
Yeah bro! Protein sucks! Fuck the system!
I eat nothing but red beets and dirt juice every fucking day, and i'm jacked!
>>
File: 1438466183764.jpg (65KB, 740x632px) Image search: [Google]
1438466183764.jpg
65KB, 740x632px
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
You won't trick me out of my gains this time
>>
>>42841087
stay dry pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>2017
>consuming protein
>consuming calories at all
>not sustaining yourself on pure cosmic energy

/fit/, it's time to take the ultimate red pill:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087

Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
Is there any truth in this bs
>>
That was a good movie
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry Piper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42842178
no, you would have to go to really extreme levels of protein to do any damage to your body, unless you kidneys were already fucked. bodybuilders/weightlifters do need high levels of protein but the studies haven't showed a benefit above like 1.6g/kg so you don't need to go that crazy with it..
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42840972
Oh yeah! Because no stories from that time were fabricated! He also turned water to wine!!!!
>>
>>42843123
>American education
>>
>>42841087
stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
stay dry pupper :)
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
stay dry, pupper
>>
>>42841087
Stay dry, pupper.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.