[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i cook it? I tried boiling it but it didn't cut it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 19

File: 719JxkiwTVL._SY355_.jpg (11KB, 350x355px) Image search: [Google]
719JxkiwTVL._SY355_.jpg
11KB, 350x355px
How do i cook it? I tried boiling it but it didn't cut it for me, too dry and baking it barely makes a difference.
>>
>>42839502
Season it and throw it in the pan with some oil and butter.
Brine it if you wanna be fancy. Good if they were frozen since they're drier then.
>>
File: Brin.png (322KB, 832x832px) Image search: [Google]
Brin.png
322KB, 832x832px
>>42839502
Brin Chicken.
Chop chicken.
Put it in a pan (with oil or cooking spray).
Salt + Spices.
Eat.
>>
File: robb-wolf.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
robb-wolf.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
You should be eating it raw for maximum nutrients. I like to cut it into strips and dip it in soy sauce. Try it and I guarantee you will forget all about wasting your time and ruining good chicken.
>>
Plain chicken breast will always be dry. You can try making a sauce to go with it, try to make a Greek yogurt, tomato, and onion based sauce. Shouldn't add too many extra calories and the yogurt will give extra protein too.
>>
>>42839502
foolproof chicken for people who absolutely can't cook:
> take about 1 kg of chicken breast
> carve it up to the slices are small and thin, this means cutting some of them through the middle ("butterfly")
> whisk one egg, cover all of the pieces with the egg
> put in oven for 150 degrees celsius, flip the pieces to the other side once the top becomes pale (do not overcook)
> cook a little longer on ther other side (do not fucking overcook)

it's that easy
>>
>>42839502
I tried this recipe this week and the chicken breast isn't dry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6tRwweerrE
>>
>>42839527
>oil and butter
why both?
>>
>>42839527
this
>>
>>42839502
Cut it into strips. Same size so it will cook evenly.

Throw strips into some salt, pepper, garlic, adobo, whatever you want. You can do flour egg and breadcrumbs if you want to add more carbs, w/e.

Heat up some olive oil in a pan, throw strips in pan. It should start sizzling immediately.

Cook until brown on both sides. NO PINK.

Remove strips. Let them cook on top of some paper towels to soak off the excess oil.

Enjoy.
>>
>>42839601
what does this look like
>>
>>42839621
Go fuck yourself retard the what it looks like.
Just do it yourself.
>>
Oven to 375. A little olive oil and some pepper. About 20-25 mins. Can put a small amount of barbecue sauce on it about 15-20 mins in and let it cook for a few minutes with the sauce on it.
>>
the You Suck At Cooking fag uploaded a video and he dipped the chicken breast in Olive oil and Whole-grain mustard then put it in the oven
>>
>>42839609
Butter burns without oil, and butter tastes great. When you flip it you should add more butter so your get that brown delicious sear on both sides.
I mean you can still use only butter or only oil, but they work better together.
>>
>>42839639

DON'T KILL ME PLEASE
>>
>>42839647
20-25 minuted at 450 degrees for joocy if you're using thick chicken breasts, OP. 375 degrees and you'll get chicken that isn't cooked through.
>>
>>42839614
DO NOT DO THIS
The oil adds so much extra carbs and fat that it drains the chicken of most nutrients and when it is brown that means the nutrients have been burned out of it
>>
>>42839659
but butter is literally butter solids + oil. never heard of using oil + butter?

if you don't want your butter to smoke then lower the heat
>>
>>42839683
no the brown means there's caramelisation. what the fuck are you talking about

> oil adds so much extra carbs

what the FUCK??
>>
PAN NICE AND HOT.
>>
>>42839502
fry with some vegetable oil and rest water (till it covers like half the meat) keep checking and add water when needed and turn on the other side. do this for like 45 minutes, on the "last roast on each side" don't add water and let it brown a bit. its going to be tender and tasty AF
>>
>>42839683
nigger shut the fuck up
>>
>>42839572
>Eating chicken raw
>Ignoring the chemical reaction that comes with cooking and denying yourself the enriched proteins
kys senpai
>>
>>42839502
Not cooking it in the microwave
NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT
>>
>he doesn't cook thinly sliced chicken breast on medium heat with butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

No wonder it takes like a dry slab of Kevlar to you. High heat is for searing only.
>>
>>42839744
literally the only sensible recipe posted so far

/fit/ confimed cooking retard
>>
Recently picked up a George Forman grill and it cooks chicken perfectly in about 5 minutes. Cut in half thickness. For quick lunch it is awesome.
>>
>>42839742
If you put food over fire it doesn't make it better retard it burns all the nutrients out
>>
>>42839502
Butterfly it, put whatever on each side such as caijun spice, chilli flakes or ground black pepper

Fry for a minute each side.

Chuck it in the over
>>
I've had chicken breast the past two nights and it's tasted gr8

First time it was in fajitas, which is just
Dice the chicken, throw it in a wok
Sear the outside so it's all white then turn the heat down
Cook up some onions and peppers in the same pan
Chuck in some fajita seasoning with a little bit of water and mix that shit

Tonight did stir fry
Cooked chicken the same way
Sauce pan of noodles, p self explanatory, add soy sauce
Bag of mixed veg for stir fry (based tesco) in a pan
Add generic supermarket flavouring to mixed veg, Chuck the noodles on top of this and stir, then throw the chicken in and serve
>>
>>42839502
The thing is cook it hot and then slowly.

I sear all of my chicken on high heat and then drop the temp. All in a skillet with oil and butter like >>42839527

Just make sure you don't burn the butter.
>>
File: 1433453779986.gif (1MB, 520x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433453779986.gif
1MB, 520x375px
>>42839683
What the fuck
>>
>>42839683
You are actually retarded and should leave this board.
>>
File: Foreman .jpg (119KB, 1499x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Foreman .jpg
119KB, 1499x1500px
>>42839502

Do the Forman Press.

Slice the breast in half to make it half the thickness, then wap it in that thing for 3 minutes. Keeps it moist and you use zero oil.
>>
>>42839687
...American?

Butter (dairy) over in the US is not the same.
>>
>>42840040
britbong. but i usually use a french brand butter (president)

never heard of us butter being different to the rest of the world
>>
just do what i do, cook it in olive oil and when its done add teriyaki sauce. mmmmmmmm
>>
>>42839502
For best results grill it, otherwise cooking them in a pan with a little olive oil is pretty good.
>>
>>42839502
Dice it, put a little vegetable oil in a pan, add garlic, chilies (dried or fresh, what you have) to taste, paprika for that nice color (also compliments the chilies very well), pepper, salt, fry till slightly brown

Add veggies to that and/or rice directly in the pan if you want.

Or go the extra mile:
Add a teaspoon of peanut butter, a teaspoon chili paste*, a tablespoon tomato paste** and a table spoon soy or Worchestershire sauce, mix (heat peanut butter in the microwave for a few seconds, mixes better that way).
Add to your chicken-veggie-rice (ort whatever) pan. The amount is plenty for a pan of 3-4 meals.

*don't use Sriracha or shit like that, it's all sugar. Use Sambal Oelek or something. (If it has more than chilies, vinegar and salt on its ingredient list, it is shit)

**do not use ketchup, again sugary shit

WA LA
>>
Sous vide 67 degrees for 1.5 hours with thyme, salt and pepper. GOAT
>>
>>42839502
Cook to 145F. Sous vide, optimally.
>>
File: salmonella.jpg (111KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
salmonella.jpg
111KB, 385x500px
>>42839572
>>
>>42839502
For EZ baking:

>Thaw Chicken
>Preheat Oven to 350
>Rub Breasts down with with a tiny covering of soy sauce on both sides, let it soak in for a bit
>Adobo and black pepper
>Rub baking sheet down with a little olive oil
>Bake for 30-40 minutes

Wow!
>>
Season with whatever
Throw on grill

Remove from grill when cooked
>>
Is slicing them and then stir frying them in teriyaki with brocoli bad?
>>
>Cut in cubes
>marinate in lemon juice, salt and pepper for 10 minutes
>Sear it in a pan with olive oil and optionally butter
>then let it cook on low heat for 15 to 20 min
Is how I do mine

>>42839647
I hate oven, it makes it dry as fuck
>>
>>42840663
Rub em down with soy sauce first man. It keeps them moist
>>
File: 11323156225.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
11323156225.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
>>42839683
>>
>>42840694
Might try it sometime, but I like lemon juice, gives it a sour taste
>>
Oh yeah I have the same problem OP I bought some last week and don't know what to do with it.
My mom didn't eat chicken whenever she made it for us she made chicken wings not breast
>>
>>42839553
Dry brine>wet brine
>>
>>42839683
you aren't one of those chicke sashimi memers are you?
>>
google dry poaching
very simple method for cooking many breasts at once, simple cover them in herbs, butter and oil
keeps them quite moist as well, perfect for refrigerating
>>
>>42839502
Slow cooker
/thread
>>
just learn how to make a good chicken adobo and make about 3kg of it per week in bulk, it reheats better than the day of

you're going to be eating chicken for the rest of your life, mayaswell commit to it
>>
>>42840432
Basically what I do except I cycle through a couple different seasonings and cook at a temperature of 145 F. Sear then serve with whatever vegetables are on sale and rice.
>>
>>42839726
/pol/
>>
>>42839502
i just cut it into strips and throw it in a pot with rice and seasonings. tastes meh. nothing that lean is going to taste very good imo.
>>
>>42839527
this, pan sear it with garlic and some form of veggy oil, I prefer canola.
>>
>>42839502
Slice it into strips and then dice it.

Mix these spices into a bowl.

TBSP garlic powder
TBSP cajun spice
TBSP paprika
TSP chilli powder
TSP cayenne
TSP pepper
TSP salt

stir it around to get the spices mixed amongst each other, and then take yiour diced chicken and drop it into the spices. Put a handful of chicken in, roll it around and get it coated with spices, take it out and put it into another bowl, repeat until they're all coated.

Then heat up a pan, put some oil in, cook the chicken until it's browned, add some Diced Tomatoes, sprinkle in some more salt and some brown sugar (sugar cuts down the "richness" of tomatoes) and give it a bit to thicken, and you're done.
>>
>>42839502
I gave up and just went to pan frying thighs. Cutting out the bone and like butterflying the thicker parts so it cooks a little more evenly.
>>
>>42839502
My dudes the answer is obviously to stirfry it
>Peppers
>Onions
>Garlic
>Soy sauce
Sub in some different vegetables and/or add different sauces (i.e. oyster)
>>
>>42839527
I like to rub it in sesame oil and pan fry. Accomplishes the seasoning too.
>>
>>42840937
> all that soy sauce
> all that sodium
>>
>>42839553
Literally just this. This is all you fucking need to do.
>>
I pat them down with some paper towels, add some salt, pepper, and oregano, and then throw them into a pan with hot butter. I never brine (most chicken breasts are pre-brined anyway).
>>
>>42839875
wew lad i bet it also boils out the calories too
>>
>>42839572

oh yes, this is correct, otherwise how are you getting them salmonella gains?
>>
>>42839659

this is some fat logic here sempai, teach me more
>>
>>42839502
http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-moist-tender-chicken-breasts-every-time-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-36891

This is the recipe I use, because you do almost nothing and it literally can't fail. I throw a few herbs into the pan (rosemary, thyme, a bit of garlic) and it tastes delicious.
>>
Preheat oven 220 degrees celcius, bake for 20 minutes. Perfect chicken every time, literally can't fuck it up.
>>
>>42839502
Olive oil
Garlic
Chalottes
Rosemary
Thyme
Salt and black pepper to finsih off
>>
>>42839659
You cook/have cooked professionally haven't you?
>>
>>42839502
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250549/roast-chicken-sweet-potatoes/

This is so bomb.
>>
I just put some spices on it and then i grill it on the stove. Don't even have to use oil or butter
>>
>>42839654
sounds as retarded as his channel
>>
I wanna know how to cook as well but I don't have a oven only a microwave
>>
>>42839683
You're right for the wrong reason. DON'T COOK IN OLIVE OIL, olive oil has a very low smoke point and will become slightly carcinogenic if you overheat it
>>
>>42839502
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8fAellnPns&feature=push-u&attr_tag=FoGLHbkMk_ZzN0CV-6

You're welcome
>>
>>42839502
How many grams/ounces of chicken is safe to eat a day without it giving you gyno?
>>
Put salt, pepper, and whatever other seasoning you want on it

Then put it in the oven until the internal temperature is high enough.
>>
>>42843006
I weigh 148lbs. Besides I'm not saying to add a block of butter to your food, just small specks along the side goes a long way to improve taste. Fat makes things taste better, and it's good for you. You don't have to be the "chicken rice and broccoli" guy just because you lift.

>>42843144
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but no, I just like watching cooking videos and learning about stuff. Watch any Gordon Ramsay video and he goes crazy with the butter.
>>
File: chicken shake.png (1MB, 799x766px) Image search: [Google]
chicken shake.png
1MB, 799x766px
Boiled chicken, spinach, Brown rice, almond milk, hot water, and pinch of salt. It taste like a soup gone slightly wrong but tolerable. It's really easy to bulk with so I like it.
>>
r8 my chicken
>>
>>42844052
Wtf?
>>
>>42844059

chicken/10

would eat multiple times a week
>>
>>42839744
I literally just started doing this randomly this week cause I was shit at making chicken
This way is bomb.
>>
>>42839527

>buy lean meat
>cook it in butter, defeating the purpose

>>42843984

>Fat makes things taste better
>and it's good for you.
not butter fat
>>
>>42839572
DON'T DO THIS
IT WILL CREATE SALMON GAS
STAY SAFE BROS
>>
File: IMG_2159.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2159.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
The easiest way is to shove it in the oven.

This is what I do. I've been doing for a year now. It's changed my life.

Put 4 chicken breasts on a tray lined with baking paper. Put the baking paper on top of the chicken so it's tucked in around it.

Put into a preheated oven at 220C

Come back 40-60 minutes later, depending on how you like it. That's what works for me.

Take it out. Let it cool. Eat it. This takes almost no preparation time. I cook 4 at a time, but you could even cook 8 at a time.
>>
>>42844470

That looks dry as fuck
>>
>>42844479
Yeah. I don't know how to get it easy to chew and also not dry, but i don't care about taste or enjoyment. I just hate spending time on food prep. If anyone has any suggestions to make it less dry but not like rubber, I'm interested.
>>
>>42844571

Do you use a thermometer to check it's temp?
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 768x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 768x272px
Can someone tell me how to properly count macros for chicken? I assume you weigh the raw chicken and use that, but the macros on myfitnesspal never add up.

See pic related 4*23 + 1*9 = 101 =/= 110. This even had a green checkmark next to it when you search for raw chicken breast.
>>
>>42844571
Butterfly the chicken breast. Marinade for two hours in franks, garlic powder and a bit of olive oil then grill. Much better then that dry looking crap.
>>
>>42844470
fucking white people baka
>>
How to bake moist chicken;

Put chicken breast on tin foil in an oven tray. Put a bit of oil on it. Curl the sides of the tin foil up to almost seal it, but leave a hole open in the top. Don't overcook.

It's that fucking easy.

For flavour put seasoning of choice or crumble a stock cube over it.

Done.
>>
>>42844677
How to cook pan fry chicken;

Cut chicken into small portions. Heat pan to medium heat, put chicken in, stir a second or two then turn heat down to fairly low, and apply a fair amount of your oil of choice. When chicken is nearly done but still a tiny bit pink, sprinkle a bunch of chilli powder, onion granules, garlic granules over it and keep stirring for another couple of minutes. Replace chilli powder with paprika if you like.

These are not complex cooking techniques it's fucking easy.
>>
>>42844580
Weigh the cooked chicken. Then search the app for pan fryed chicken, oven baked chicken etc
>>
Pan-fry in olive oil or roast wrapped in baking paper.
>>
-brine it for 24hours
-sous vide or bake (I bought a sous vide and chicken, beef, pork has never tasted so good)

chickenbreast has almost no fat, that's why it gets dry so easily.
>>
>>42842067
>soy

REEEEEEEEE

It's like you want to grow mantits and turn infertile
>>
>>42844733
Wouldn't that be even more inaccurate if you're adding oil?
>>
All I do is I brush teriyaki sauce on it and throw it in the oven for 20-30 minutes. Tastes juicy and tasty
>>
>>42844059
Please for the love of all that is holy explain how you cooked that chicken and I will virtually suck your dick (no homo)
>>
>>42844806

Literally just add salt, pepper and then some sort of seasoning like peri peri or paprika and lemon. Put it in the oven until the internal temp is about 74c, tastes extremely nice if the temp is right and not dry and tough.
>>
>>42844786
Getting it right to the gram is a) autistic and b) impossible

You can afford a little leeway
>>
>>42844865
15 mL of olive oil is 120 calories btw
>>
>>42844089
Are you a 40yo soccer mom on weight watchers or something? Those few grams of butter won't kill you
>>
>>42844897
15ml is also a lot
>>
>>42844089
>buy lean meat
>cook it in butter, defeating the purpose
are you retarded? you use like 1tbs total fats with 400g meat, thats 100cal, 14g, thats the equivalent of getting meat with 3% fat. meat that isnt lean is like 15% fat.
>>
>>42844571
dude that chicken looks so dry it would take me an hour to eat 1 breast

you're cooking it for way too long, just 20 minutes is fine. and wrap it up tightly in tin foil so it keeps all the juices.
>>
>>42839614
Sunflower oil (normal oil) is perfectly fine too and it's cheaper as well.
>>
>>42844997
Vegetable and seed oils are garbage because of the omega 6 to 3 ratio, use olive oil, butter, ghee, coconut oil etc
>>
>>42839502

How can you fuck up chicken breast?

Cube + little olive oil + spices in a pan. Sautee that shit. Not dry at all, delicious, quick.
>>
>>42845484
olives are vegetables
>>
>>42839502
I actually boiled it with salt and pepper while I washed my rice and the rice cooked and it ended up tasting nice, like those chicken soups your mom used to make when you got sick

did that and simple basmati with pepper, salt and 1 bag of cardamom

both tasted delicious, not sure if its because I've woke up with loose stools and had diahrrea thrice already but it did taste nice
>>
>>42844825
how long does this usually take?
>>
>>42844825
that must be a lot of seasoning then? i do something very similar and my chicken looks nothing like yours. yours seems to have this golden brown crust.
>>
>>42844825
>74c
Is that enough? Sounds like it would end up raw
>>
File: temperatura carnes.jpg (511KB, 1500x986px) Image search: [Google]
temperatura carnes.jpg
511KB, 1500x986px
>>42846158
>>
>>42839502

Crockpot with some veggies and BBQ sauce, shred when able.
>>
>>42846173
Thanks anon
>>
>>42844052
>404 palate not found
>>
>>42844089
you are pan frying you stupid fuck. if you use the correct temperature then the tablespoon of fats will remain as a pan coating.
>>
>>42845763
No shit. Olive oil still has much better omega 6 to 3 ratios. So use that.
>>
>>42846140

Yeah I put loads on probably way too much
>>
>>42845866

20-30 mins
>>
>not eating suckling pig instead
>buy it on my local supermarket roasted
>put oven on max temperature till it heats up
>put the suckling pig parts as high as possible for like 5-10m till the skin is crispy
>100g has 145kcals and 24g protein
>>
Season it, then steam it. Steaming it will keep it moist and juicy.
>>
>>42839609
because you dont know how to cook. take our advice or gtfo
>>
>>42844052
aaaaahahahaah... jeez man
>>42839502
just have a chick come over and show you how it is done.
>>
>>42839502
butterfly it and cook it in a pan
>>
File: 1499364078904.jpg (107KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499364078904.jpg
107KB, 800x800px
>WIPE IT DOWN WITH A PAPER TOWEL TO GET RID OF MOISTURE
>POUND IT EVENLY TO MAKE SURE THE THICKNESS IS UNIFORM
>DRY RUB SALT AND PEPPER
>OIL AND BUTTER ON SKILLET
>SKIN SIDE DOWN FOR CRISPY SKIN
it's that easy for delicious chicken
>>
>>42839502
I either grill them, or cut them into small pieces, add a bit of olive oil + chilli and turmeric and then fry it with onion.
Then I eat it with rice and a bit of salt and pepper
>>
>>42839601
>150 degrees
Enjoy your salmonella
>>
Look here fag cause this will be the only decent recipe posted here
You'll take these breasts, slice to small cubes or medium thickness slices, however you fucking prefer to chew it,
now in an empty bowl, drop a cup of yogurt, some cinnamon, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, a little bit of curry powder and a lemon, you'll know how much of each spice you'll need, just eye measure it out, now whisk this bitch very well till it's well blended, put the chicken and work your forearms out in the bowl, cover it and leave it in the fridge overnight
Okay now it's the next day and you're preparing your after workout meal, take a pan, heat it, some oil and butter and wait till it gets VERY hot, I mean it, now take the chicken out of the fridge and throw it in the sizzling hot pan, DONOT LET THE CHICKEN TAKE ROOM TEMPERATURE, When you cook it while it's still cold it'll preserve juices inside, now stir for a few minutes till it's done, now you can put some pasta into that pan and stir or put the chicken into a pita or just eat it like it is, enjoy gymbro
>>
>>42839502
Literally just throw some garlic salt and italian seasoning on it, a little olive oil base and toss it in the over at 400 F and tastes great. Also got some rice with some sweet chili sauce for taste
>>
File: 1502313434153.jpg (11KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1502313434153.jpg
11KB, 236x236px
>>42839553
>All that extra sodium
>extra carbs from the brown sugar

Shiggy diggy
>>
>>42839502
season it, put it in a pan with oil and cook it or bake it in an oven you nigger
>>
>>42847334
What is Celsius you dumb cunt
>>
>>42843520
If you even let olive oil get near it's smoke point you're doing it wrong
>>
>>42839771
Agreed
>>
>>42847459
Then just let it sit in water.
>>
File: precision cooker.jpg (198KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
precision cooker.jpg
198KB, 1500x1125px
Precision cooker. Best $100 i've ever spent. makes joocy as fuck chicken breasts every time with no mess and no clean up while i'm at the gym. just have to slice em up and stick em into containers.
>>
>>42841350
Probably because you suck at cooking
>>
>>42849438
I still haven't found a marinade or seasoning blend that I really like with sous vide chicken breast.
>>
>>42849534
i use garlic salt, black pepper, and italian seasoning. works pretty good.
>>
>>42849438
>cooking shit in plastics

wew lad
>>
>>42839502
I put mine in the toaster. Inside a paper plate.

It cooks, well.
>>
>>42849556
That's exactly what I use when I grill them. I suppose I miss the browning of the grill/pan.
>>
>>42849583
you can just brown them real quick after you take them out of the bag, although since i just cut them up i rarely do that.
>>
>>42844052
Absolutely disgusting, fuck outta here chink insect.
>>
>>42839502

dont boil it.
find a way to reproduce how you cook it.
like put always the same amount of water, salt and chicken in your pot.
turn the stove on for x seconds.
after that let it sit on the stove for a fixed ammount of time, preferably 20-30 minutes.

write down the procedure.
note the seconds the stove is turned on and how the chicken was.
>>
File: 1491412889634.png (765KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1491412889634.png
765KB, 1001x1001px
>>42842932
Kek
>>
Fuck chicken breast honestly
>>
>>42843520
in case anyone is wondering, he's right, olive oil will become rancid rapidly when you cook with it

the more double-bonds (ie: unsaturated) a lipid is, the more prone it is to cause oxidation cascades which over the long term causes damage to cells

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipid_peroxidation
>>
HOW TO MAKE MEDIOCRE CHICKEN BREASTS 100% FOOL PROOF METHOD YOU CAN NOT GOOF IT.
First you season it to your liking.
>heat pan at medium-high heat
>add olive oil
>add chicken
>let chicken cook for 1 minute and turn it over, chicken should now have a slight surface, but it shouldn't have a lot of colour
>lower heat
>put on lid for ten minutes, you do not touch the chicken
>after ten minutes turn off the heat
>let the chicken breast/breasts sit for another ten minutes with no heat
your chicken is now done and will be somewhat juicy and cooked all the way through, this method is easy because you can cook rather thick chicken breasts without having to cut them and you can do several at a time in a pan and requires minimal interference.
>>
HEADS UP FOR SCANDI NIGGIES

Brine chicken and salmon with 1 cup lemon juice 1 cup water 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp dill

Despite modern scientific/historic/media canon, different heredities have different palates with predictable predispositions, and germanic or at least scandinavian bloodlines evolved to like lemon and dill for some reason.
>>
How to thaw frozen chicken?
>>
>>42850459
Put it in a bowl of warm water until the water gets cold and then replace it with more warm water.
>>
>>42850502
Thanks
>>
>>42847459
Yeah the sodium gets me, not too worried about the brown sugar desu
>>
File: received_10212438211583703_1.jpg (109KB, 1078x1105px) Image search: [Google]
received_10212438211583703_1.jpg
109KB, 1078x1105px
A reminder to be careful and never cook with hot oil at 4am.
>>
>>42850459
depends on how much time you have until cooking
the evening before: move it from the freezer to the fridge
about 1-2 hours before: put it in a bowl of water (still in the bag you froze it in) iirc the water should be room temperature, not hot because bacterial growth or something, dunno
need it now: microwave
>>
>>42839659
>Butter burns without oil
No it doesn't, butter is literally oil + fat solidified.
You melt butter at a low temp then cook whatever you want in it.
Butter + oil together is not only overkill, but it tastes like shit.
>>
i slice it into middle sized chunks.

i fry/grill it but not for very long, so its still sorta soft.

i prefer thighs in all honesty.
>>
>>42839502
Make some tomato sauce with onions and bell peppers. Cut the chicken breast in big cubes, like 6 per breast, and throw it in the boiling sauce. Cook it for like 20 minutes.
>>
Is adobo seasoning really as good as people make it sound
>>
>>42839502
>buy lard
>buy soup cube , chicken flavour
>buy rice
>buy chicken breasts
>buy vegetable mix
>put 1L of water till boiling, put soup cube in and stir till boil
>take pan, put half tbs lard in the pan, season the chicken with garlic, chilli poweder or paprika, put it in the pan
>take bigger pan, preheat the oven to 250C and put in rice and vegetables in, pour the water with the soup cube just over the top
>put it in the oven and cook it till the rice is done
Enjoy.
Also, fucking improvise in the kitchen, its not hard, good cooks are those who can make something from nothing
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.