[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"If you haven’t eaten in hours, then your sugar levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1474901610498.jpg (55KB, 588x437px) Image search: [Google]
1474901610498.jpg
55KB, 588x437px
"If you haven’t eaten in hours, then your sugar levels are low and
your body is in starvation or famine mode. A famine is a widespread
scarcity of food and your body has learned to conserve
energy in times of famine. In this mode, your body isn’t burning
fat because it doesn’t know when your next meal is coming."

How true is this? How can the body be in "starvation mode" if it hasn't eaten in 10 hours, or even a day or two? Do any of you even know what starving means?
>>
0% true
>>
Quite the oposite actually when you havent eaten in a while your body goes for your fat cell for energy hovever going 20+hours fasted is not ideal as the glucose(mainly glucose in your brain) will be low at that point
Ideal range of fasting is a 16-20 hour fast popularly called intermitent fasting, its also not advised to go lower than 16 hours as your body will have less time to burn fat cells and the mental clarity you gain from fasting will be shortened
>>
>>42838820
>"If you haven’t eaten in hours, then your sugar levels are low -----and-----
>your body is in starvation or famine mode ... In this mode, your body isn’t burning
>fat because it doesn’t know when your next meal is coming."

The key word is the "and" if your body is in starvation mode and your fast your body will burn muscle before fate.

If the "and" is being used to denote moving into starvation mode after a 10 hour fast then the statement is not true it takes much longer for most people than 10 hours.
>>
>>42838845
this.
Fat you store around your body is a source of energy exactly for that purpose, to keep you going in times of famine.

now you go to that cunt who told you that bullshit and jab that fucker right in the jaw.
>>
It is amazing how this myth was actually a thing for so long, such bullshit

>>42838914
>hovever going 20+hours fasted is not ideal as the glucose(mainly glucose in your brain) will be low at that point
True and it makes you feel shitty as fuck, but then after more time the body adapts to it and when it is stable and solely running on fat for fuel the bad feeling goes away and you get mental clarity back.

If you never fasted, going 12 - 24 hours will be hell, then it gets better. If you're used to IF, hell is at the 24-36 range, then it gets better. Source: personal fasting experience
>>
>>42839007
SHould I do a 24 hour fast occassionally? Usually do 16 hours
>>
>>42838820
Please tell us where this quote is from so I can discredit the shit out of it
>>
>>42838820
>your body isn't burning fat
yep, it runs on sunlight and wind energy so start running fast during day or you die
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.