[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so unhealthy about burgers again? They're basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 9

File: M.jpg (127KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
M.jpg
127KB, 768x1024px
What's so unhealthy about burgers again? They're basically just meat and vegetables.
>>
the buns and the ways everyone but you cooks the meat.
>>
>>42831581
And cheese.
And bread.
And fried in oil.
And mayo.
And sauce.
>>
Saturated fats
Salt
Lots of calories
>>
>>42831581
Because they're usually greasy as shit and a quarter pound of beef is a lot of calories just by itself
>>
>>42831581
The size, fucking burgerclaps eating xxxxl everything.
>>
>>42831581
Also
>vegetables
Just 1 slice of tomato. It is nothing.
>>
>>42831593
>Thinking mayo is bad for you

Jesus Christ unless your eating the whole fucking jar a tiny knife full of mayo isn't gping to kill you. Not to mention all the days in there are quality and from egg
>>
>>42831581
Eurofags are jelly that we came up with the best food item in the world and only get shitburgers across the atlantic.
>>
Remove the bread and replace the synthetic cheese imitation product with real cheese and its perfectly fine.
>>
Looking for some delicious burger recipes? Check this fucking website out that's narrated by Patrick Waterburton:

www (dot) cheeseandburger (dot) com
>>
Processed meat, processed bread, oil, Cheese, too few veggies, Mayo, Ketchup. Pretty much everything. Doing a burger on your own is ofc better.
>>
>>42831581
As long as you make them healthy they aren't bad. I keep them for a rainy day or when I really need a food pick me up.
lean beef 93/7
Either no bun or half the bun
Fat free motz
Little mayo and ketchup
Lettuce
Tomato
If the macros allow some avocado fat
Sometimes I'll throw some mushrooms on it if I need the fiber
>>
>>42831625
Hook, line, and sinker thread, Shlomo
>>
>>42831629
Right I'm sure you don't eat any proceeded meats.
Literally every meat you buy from the store is processed. So unless your killing and cleaning all your own animals fuck off with that bs
>>
File: e2hs9dw.jpg (171KB, 671x671px) Image search: [Google]
e2hs9dw.jpg
171KB, 671x671px
>>42831608
>all the days in there are quality and from egg
>>
>>42831642
Well, yes I'm eating a plant based diet. Where I come from (germany) you can buy fresh meat from a butcher pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>42831581
Get some decent bread, all the ingredients for a salad and some minced meat and your burgers will be as healthy as any other shit you´ll be cooking. Leave the cheese, get a teaspoon of whatever sauce you want to cover the buns and it tastes amazing. A handful of lettuce top and bottom, a tomato, two pickles, an onion and four finely diced button mushrooms cooked with the burgers and spread that out across two buns. Walla, a servicable meal. If anything doesn't fit it'll be a side salad.
>>
It isn't (((they))) just want you to buy expensive health food instead
>>
>>42831600
Gotta eat xxxxl to get xxxxl CMON
>>
>>42831662
>oats, beans, seasonal veggies, nuts, seeds
>expensive health food
>>
>>42831647
Fats faggot
>>
>>42831593
>And fried in oil
Who fries their burger patties in oil?
>>
>>42831669
>low protein the diet
>>
>>42831648
Do butcher's in Germany kill the animals themselves? Almost all the ones in the states get their meats shipped in from giant kill plants stripped or everything but bone fat and meat. Some are basically just meat markets not real butcher's get everything shipped in precut
>>
>>42831648
>plant based diet
>aka vegetarian
Good luck with your gains faggot
>>
>>42831608

>soybean oil

enjoy your nogains and breast tissue, faggot
>>
>>42831642
This is still processing meat. Everything is processed unless you teethe it from the source.
>>
>>42831599
A lot of protein as well.
>>
Nothing really.

Now if you eat them with a pile of fries and four mugs of coke it's a bit different.
>>
>>42831704
this depends where you live but mostly they get their meat from a local farm.
>>
>>42831694
bro, really? are you one of these retards who eat 200g+ protein daily? Grow up
>>
>>42831597
saturated fat is the good fat buddy
>>
>>42831581
>What could be bad about a lump of salt, saturated fats and carbs
>B-BUT THERE'S LETTUCE
You can't just throw a couple of vegetables on something unhealthy and expect it to magically be healthy.
>>
>>42831772
chad eats buckets of fries and gallons of coke and still looks like a greek god
>>
>>42831803
You've got that backwards.
Polyunsaturated > monounsaturated > saturated
>>
>>42831834
>he fell for the lobbyist tricks
>>
>>42831581
can't tell if the steak has more meat or fat in it
>>
>>42831803
hahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahhaha
>>
I make them with whole wheat buns and spinach for something a little healthier. Guess you could try turkey burgers but I've never had one.
>>
>>42831841
Again, completely backwards. Fast food lobbyists have been trying for decades to convince us saturated fats aren't worse than unsaturated.
>>
>>42831593

They fry in their own fat you fucker fat head bitch.
>>
>>42831806
>lump of salt
Don't add salt then.
>>
>>42831889
Woah, check that blood pressure fatty.
>>
>>42831684
Lrn2type u retart
>>
>>42831757
Protein from animal products isn't healthful
>>
>>42831599
>beef
>lot of calories
???
Oh wait you're vegancuck, probably used to 100kcal from 1 kilo of food
>>
>>42831581

The outside is bleached refined flour buns, the inside is fried red meat and cheese of the worst quality. Whatever vegetables it's topped with are neglible.
>>
>>42831599
>4oz beef
>250 calories
>lots of calories

Nigger, how many calories do you eat every day? Are you a dwarf?
>>
Some burgers ARE healthy. What makes some burgers relatively unhealthy is when they have surprisingly high sugar content, (through the sauce and buns), and absolutely dripping with fat.
>>
>>42831878
enjoy your low test
>>
>>42831940

Check your low test numale.
>>
>>42831581
They're not. Just don't be a fatass and get supersized fries with a large diet coke with it.
>>
>>42831834
enjoy losing your hair
>>
>>42831581
To be honest, asides from the dressings they're pretty low in sugar buttt they're very, very heavy in calories due to the cheese, fat and bread. Occasional treat wise or within your calorie limit they're okay now and again - just not every day.

Equally, if you're on keto and have one without the bun (I know...I know...) they're good. Also, try making your own, simple as shit and fun to experiment with. I've made my own Juicy Lucys and tried mixing in camembert, mexicana cheese and made them with garlic and red wine and they taste amazing. Once again though, just make sure they're within your calorie allowance - unless you're bulking. In which case have fun.
>>
I think what pushes the unhealthy view of the burger is it usually comes with fries.
>>
They're not
>>
>>42831704
Dunno bout Germany but I used to work in a butchers in the UK and we'd literally get a half cow in that the master butcher would then basically slice and dice and break down into useable joints, steaks, bits for mince etc. Kinda fascinating to be honest and amazing when you see the skill that goes into it.

Nothing quite like when you see an entire block of fillet getting removed and being ready for sale. (and how fucking small that part of the cow is compared to the rest)
>>
>>42832259
>Implying diet coke is bad for you.
>>
>>42831581

I'm consider about making my own healthy burger.

Instead for using norma burger bun, use protein bread or toast.

Make own burger patty that is made with lean meat.

Instead for ketchep, use tomato purée with salt flavor.

Then add a lot of vegetables like spinach, sallad, tomato, cucumber or other healhy vegetables.
>>
>>42832325

Try making veggie burgers with lentils and oats
>>
>>42832317
I have never seen a thin person drinking diet coke.
>>
>>42832329

Thin people drink regular coke, fat people drink diet coke
>>
>>42832326

I'm not much of vegeterian but I can try it.
>>
>>42832249
Eating healthy increases your test, lol.
Enjoy your ED, fatty.
>>
>>42832269
Nice broscience, bro.
>>
>>42831600
Sorry half your burger get taken by the state to feed single mothers and refugees
>>
>>42831581

carbs
>>
Eat a low calorie/healthy whole grain bun
Bake the meat/BBQ it
Lots of veggies
No cheese
No mayo

Burgers can be healthy
>>
>>42831878
that's not true, fast food lobbied for hydrogenated(spelling?) vegetable oil as their source of fat which is awful for you, saturated fat isn't bad for you.
>>
I like to buy fresh burgers at a local butcher. It's just lean beef pounded into shape, not even seasoned at that point. I add a little salt and pepper, and grill them without deep frying, and I eat them on a whole grain bun with common salad ingredient, and a small amount of mustard. Sometimes I add a slice of cheese, but it's rare. It's a decent meal and not particularly caloric. As always, beware of frozen patties (salt and fat bombs) and chains like McDonalds (they have been reducing the salt and fat content, but they are still really fatty and they come with a side of fries and soda)
>>
>>42832358

You don't have to be a vegetarian to eat vegetables. If you want a healthy burger, a homemade veggie burger is the best option.
>>
>>42832325
Instead of buns use cooked corn tortillas.
>muh protein bread or toast
You slob.
>>
>>42832326
Textured vegetable protein tastes better and is quicker.
>>
>>42831581
They're fine if you make them yourself. Drop the fake cheese, sugar loaded sauces that fastfood places add, and dont make it greasy as fuck.
>>
>>42831984
Go choke on a tofu block faggot.
>>
>>42831581
processed food is bad for you

virtually every part of a burger you get at burgerplace^tm is processed. The bread, cheese, meat, sauce; if they could somehow make the lettuce and tomato 50% plastic I'm sure they'd do it too.

I'll still go out to burger joints now and again, but I've switched my diet almost entirely to fish (mostly sardines, some tuna) and chicken. I don't trust pork or beef anymore.
>>
>>42831581
sexy af
>>
>>42832542
>and grill them without deep frying
Does anyone ever deep fry a hamburger?
Also why lean beef? A good amount of fat for a burger is about 20%.
>>
you guys are so fucking disgusting, uneducated and unreasonably aggressive

you're fucked from the onset my boys
>>
>>42832317
>implying any coke is good for you
Enjoy never making it fat ass.
>>
>>42831593
>thinking that sauteeing is actually unhealthy
fuck off, hippy.
>>
>>42831581
>meat
there's your problem buddy
>>
>>42833022
>Does anyone ever deep fry a hamburger?
Doesn't Sonic? Anyone know how to make/cook the patty like Sonic does?
>>
>>42831597
>caring about salt
Just drink more water faggot
>>
>>42831581
Just eat the meat and veggies. Throw away the bun, sauces, and cheese and you'll be fine.
>>
>>42833162
>cheese
It depends on the cheese as well, where I live some burgers are made with lower fat cheese so I eat them sometimes (except the bun ofc) for some cheap and quick proton and fats
Not the healthiest option I know but I just don't make an habit out of it and it fits my macros anyway.
>>
File: spectacled-bear-face.jpg (38KB, 360x458px) Image search: [Google]
spectacled-bear-face.jpg
38KB, 360x458px
>>42831581
Implying McDicks is just meat.
>>
>>42831615
Germany created burgers.
>>
Black bean burgers on a lettuce bun are superior in every way.
>>
>>42833162
>>42834584
>not eating cheese
If you drink milk you're eating the equivalent of cheese, you dumb fucking twats.
>>
File: benji.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
benji.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>42834740

Love me some Jimmy Johns lettuce wraps #14 with hot peppers and extra mayo....

>why are they freaking $7 ????
>>
>>42831581
BEEF! What a relief! When will this poisonous product cease?
>>
File: 1502287648737.jpg (179KB, 1500x1098px) Image search: [Google]
1502287648737.jpg
179KB, 1500x1098px
>>42834631
burgers as ground meat patties were created by dingus khan.
/hamburgers/ were most invented on the boats to Amerika from Germany by kikes.
https://whatscookingamerica.net/History/HamburgerHistory.htm
>>
Making hamburgers is an art
>>
>>42831581

Bread is literally Hitler.
>>
>>42833026
>sautee
>burger

you are so retarded
>>
>>42831593
on top of 80/20 ground beef being calorie dense
>>
File: sammich.jpg (141KB, 530x420px) Image search: [Google]
sammich.jpg
141KB, 530x420px
I like roast top round beef.
its easy to reheat over my rice and veggies and I like to meal prep.

sandwiches are the perfect food though, if you could get the correct macros and micros eating nothing but sandwiches I would be a happy camper.
>>
File: beeffat.png (20KB, 668x248px) Image search: [Google]
beeffat.png
20KB, 668x248px
>>42831581
meat in burgers is usually 80/20 meat to fat so that it is juicy when you eat it. 1/4lb burger (110g) therefore has 22g of beef fat in it before it cooks. that is a lot of calories from fat, approx 160 or so. not all the fat would end up in the burger though as it leaches out during cooking.
>>
>>42835271
>160 calories
heaven forbid!
>>
>>42834771
I do eat cheese you stupid asshole. I just said I don't make an habit out of eating burgers.
>>
>>42831664
i miss him
>>
>>42835271
What if I just bought leaner meat instead? Problem solved.
>>
File: JonathanP2.png (1MB, 944x1378px) Image search: [Google]
JonathanP2.png
1MB, 944x1378px
Well the bun is white bread but if that's fine with you then it doesn't matter. It's high in salt but if you drink enough water it should be fine. There's also a lack of actual vegetables but I mean you can always eat vegetables separately for micronutrients. Saturated fat is somewhat bad but it's fine in moderation since you need at least some. It is high in calories but that's fine to someone who exercises. The problem is the combination of all these things results with a sedentary lifestyle. Usually not getting enough water or veggies. Drinking soda and eating french fries with the burger too. That's why to *most* people burgers are considered unhealthy. Also it's usually healthier to make the burger yourself
>>
>>42832593

Not nearly as healthy as whole lentils and oats though
>>
>>42831615
>the best food item in the world
Pizza comes from Italy breh
>>
>>42831615
>a meatball between slices of bread
truly a fascinating culture
>>
>>42831722
veganism is the mental illness, vegetarianism isn't really that bad.
>>
>>42832281
if you count your calories and 1 burger a day is within your calories limit, why shouldnt you eat 1 burger a day?
>>
>>42836110
No it doesn't faggot. It was made in America by Americans of Italian descent.

Italy makes horrible pizza
>>
>>42837631
Variety
>>
>>42831581
I don't think the occasional burger is bad. it just the dumb fuck who guzzle it down with a 44oz soda and large fries plus refills. And of course they don't exercise
>>
>>42837660
elaborate
>>
>>42832325
>reddit spacing
Didn't even bother reading
>>
>>42832325
>dick sandwich thinks meatloaf is a hamburger
kill yourself faggot fuck
>>
>>42831789
>Grow up
He will be able to with his high protein chad diet, while you slowly shrivel away
>>
>>42835188
yes. you sautee/pan fry burger patties on a plancha, pan or other smooth metal surface, you cocksucker.
>>
>>42831581
It's shitty processed meat, too much garbage white bread, too much sugar and garbage cheese.

A burger isn't inherently bad, but the burgers you can buy in fast food restaurants are.
>>
>>42837733
I find eating the same things everyday boring and kills my will to eat. Great for cutting and bad for bulking
>>
>>42831581
Nothing, the real problem is sodas and crap like that. Though I guess fast food burgers often aren't exactly 100% meat.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.