[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /fit/ I'm a skinnyfat guy that just started lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: catfish-moments-fb.jpg (52KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
catfish-moments-fb.jpg
52KB, 480x251px
Hi /fit/

I'm a skinnyfat guy that just started lifting a month ago. I think I've made some solid gains (e.g., my arms feel a little more muscular) however I don't seem to feel super sore/get DOM; am I not pushing myself hard enough?

My routine is:
Barbell Curl 3x8
Barbell Row 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Deadlift 3x5
Squat 3x8
Standing Military Press 3x8

I do this 3 times a week. Thanks in advance for any replies.
>>
>>42831107
Are you increasing your weight on your lifts each week?
>>
Have you considered switching to 3 day routine where you hit like arms and back, chest and shoulders, and then legs and abs. Or something like that
>>
>>42831247
I have been trying to, but it seems like I am hitting a plateau
>>
>>42831107
Yeah your routine is shit. You're missing out on a lot of muscle groups.
Find a different routine.
>>
>>42831107
>>42831269
Also how long do you usually work out for each day?
>>
>>42831273
What would you recommend? I'm a complete noob with low muscle mass desu
>>42831269
I have but I like keeping it to 3 days a week due to my schedule (I'm a grad student)
>>
>>42831282
This workout usually takes me about a hour or so. On my "off" days I try to do 30-40 mins of cardio.
>>
>>42831286
>>42831273
I'm also confused; how would this be considered "shit" when this is basically the beloved SS plus extra shit?
>>
>>42831300
Try breaking down the days like I said right here
>>42831269
Do 2 or 3 exercises for each muscle group
Arms and back
Dead lift
Rows
Straight bar standing curls
Some form of concentration curls
Skullcrushers
Rope pulldowns or pushdowns

Chest and shoulders
Bench
Superset some pec flys upper lower middle
Overhead press
Superset some lateral side and front flys

Legs and bas
Squat
Straight leg deadlift
Calf raises
Whatever abs you wanna do
>>
>>42831107
>>42831487
Should only take you about an hour maybe hour 15 but should really give you a good push out of that plateau. Just hit them hard and don't be afraid to fail on the last reps of a muscle group
>>
>>42831504
Thank you, I took a screenshot on this. Do you think I might be better off doing something like the Stronglifts 5x5 as I'm a complete noob?
>>
>>42831107
>>42831546

SS+GOMAD stop trying to reinvent the wheel
>>
>>42831546
Depends on what you want. What I posted was more of a mass gaining all around fitness workout. Where as 5x5 is a lot more strength oriented. Also if every bodybuilder/power lifter I've ever talked to has told me if you continually do 5x5 you should be prepared to use a brace or cane or crutch or walker because eventually you will hurt your back. Now thay s not to say you shouldn't do it but they were just stressing the importance of proper form which is hard to maintain when your throwing heavy weight around like in a 5x5
>>
>>42831587
I would say that I'm aiming for a ottermode type body ideally (thank you for all of your replies btw)
>>
>>42831603
>ottermode
You me and everybody else man lol. Hope you reach it may your gains be good and your lifts mighty.
I expect a few progress pics in 6months to a year. If you can manage to hit the gym more than 3 days a week do it. our ideal bodies take alot of time and effort dont get frustrated when you dont see it develop for months or even years. No problem with all the help man don't let all the trolls on here get you down either your bettering yourself one day at a time
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.