[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /fit/, I am in need of some dire guidance. First, let

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1459398012284.jpg (35KB, 336x190px) Image search: [Google]
1459398012284.jpg
35KB, 336x190px
Alright /fit/, I am in need of some dire guidance. First, let me give you a back story.

>be me last year, mid december
>decide I want to stop being an obese pos
>go back home for winter break
>start eating really healthy, not tracking anything but just eating meme foods I learned from /fit/
>start doing stronglifts 5x5
>go back to school, start new semester
>haven't really lost any weight
>ended up quitting stronglifts like 3 weeks in, just stopped going to the gym entirely
>now tracking nutrition through myfitnesspal
>come spring break I had lost 30 pounds, a definitely noticeable difference in my body
>plateau at 230 lb for the rest of the semester
>finish semester, go home and start doing PPl routine 6x a week halfway into May
>also started meal prepping, eating exactly the same shit every day
>did this for about a month until I went back to school for research
>stopped meal prepping but ate the same kind of shit every day
>now weight was really dropping, by the end of the Summer break I was 210 pounds

This entire time I've been doing PPL 6x a week and I haven't made much gains. I think I started as subpar as I am now at an untrained level. Either way, my lifts still hardly go up, which is understandable as I am cutting. However, my cutting has plateaued, hell it was really slow over the Summer break. I'm now about a month into the fall semester at school and I'm like 205 pounds, my goal was 190 but now I am looking to get down to 180.

I need help deciding what to do. My physique is still absolute shit due to fat put on when I was a kid (I'm 19 currently). My lifts are shit, although I've definitely built muscle, I feel like lifting 6x a week is going to be hard as I get deeper and deeper into the school year. I also can't help but wonder if starting out at 6 times a week is too much and perhaps I'd make more gains by going 3-4 times a week. What to do? I want to break out of this plateau, both for cutting and building muscle. Pic related, when I started.
>>
File: IMAG0482.jpg (825KB, 2267x4029px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0482.jpg
825KB, 2267x4029px
Took this the other week.
>>
>>42830429
doing stronglifts 5x5 while being a fatass expecting to look good... 10/10
>>
>>42830556
did you read like 3 lines in? I didn't expect to see much muscular development. I only started to look better because I lost fat.
>>
Start running fatbody. Run every other day at 7mph or higher, increase time ran by 15 seconds every day you run
>>
File: 1488574098466.jpg (22KB, 480x552px) Image search: [Google]
1488574098466.jpg
22KB, 480x552px
>>42830429
>not tracking anything but just eating meme foods I learned from /fit/
>>
>>42830624
>start running fatbody
What did he mean by this? Are you just saying to up cardio to break through the plateau?
>>
>>42830429
A plateau is normal, anon, for both gains and cutting. In the case of cutting, the fatter you are when you start, the more you lose initially. Not only does your previous excessive eating make your body burn through energy faster (due to being used to surplus), a larger body requires more energy to sustain, and thus going from 3000cal a day and doing nothing to 1800-2000cal a day and working out three days a week is a huge jump, but your body gets used to it over time. You may have to increase the intensity of your exercise or recalculate your TDEE to see if you're eating at/above maintenance again for your new body.
>>
>>42830648
I have but I wonder if I should lower the amount of times I lift in the week to give my muscles time to build. And then on the off days I do cardio to speed up weight loss.
>>
>>42830637
Do more cardio to help lose weight
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.