[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here still hates squats after years of doing them? Back squats,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1482082008631.jpg (22KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
1482082008631.jpg
22KB, 343x543px
Who here still hates squats after years of doing them? Back squats, front squats - they're all tedious torture at high intensity/volume.

I'm not a newbie lifter, but I do them just because I have to and they fucking suck.
>>
>>42821409
I do a lot of shit that I hate. But no point complaining about it.
>>
>>42821409
Are you a competitive powerlifter?

If no, then why the fuck do you NEED to do them?
>>
>>42821476
because other lower body exercises are not nearly as efficient.
>>
I used to like them, but then they started getting heavier and now they're shit.
>>
Squats are bad. Never done one besides bodyweight ones when I was dyel. Technically, my legs are still dyel after 3 years. Who here lean like /kpop/?
>>
Im convinced of the testosterone boosting power of squats, and the fact that you become a strong as fuck stong cunt with them. Get a powerlifting coach for a couple sessions to get your form and technique sorted then squat away, i went from 60kg to 100kg in a week just by adjusting my technique.
It shouldnt be torture, its just like any other lift except it reminds you how fucked youd be in a cartoon forest fire situation.
>>
Its a love hate thing.
I hate them before and during doing them, then love them for the few hours after doing them.
>>
File: 1504107676355.png (30KB, 700x965px) Image search: [Google]
1504107676355.png
30KB, 700x965px
>>42821409
i did squats for 6 years at least twice weekly and hated every single rep i ever did, eventually got injured and have yet to get back to squatting

>>42821507
>convinced of the testosterone boosting power
irrelevant, small, transient increase

squats are a good exercise because they work a lot of muscle mass through a large range of motion and lend themselves well (in most cases) to progressive overload, not because of muh test boost muh gh boost which has been debunked a fucking million times

>>42821476
because someone on the internet told me i had to
>>
>>42822099
While you may be physically strong, you're mentally weak
>>
>>42824318
>doing something you despise becuase it's the best course of action for your growth and developement
>weak

K kid.
>>
>>42822099
I don't do squats anymore either, I do lunges and I run on the beach when its low tide and sand is harder. You blast your calves into basketball size with the sand resistance and lunges are good enough for thigh/glutes.

Only squats I do is a bodyweight squat holding position for 10minutes just to increase movement. Like an old chinaman smoking a cigarrete and squatting on the street
>>
I like squats because after you're finished your set you can post up and lean back on the bar like a chill dude while onlookers mire
>>
>>42821409
If something feels like it sucks usually means youre doing it wrong. For example i started bench pressing with way too narrow grip and felt like bench press is the worst exercise ever. You should find a consultant or an actual expert on squats who knows what the fuck theyre talking about and teach you how to squat.

I had a problem with squats for long time with the bar bouncing and moving on my traps, then i researched the proper upper back tightness and chin position for the squats, i lacked the tension in the back to make the bar tight with my body also my wrists were too weak to hold the weight stable. I still struggle with squats and i know its not the lift but my technique sucks balls even when i can squat 160kg.
>>
>>42821409

>Finish squatting
>Bend your back backwards
>Feel dat dere lower back tightness
>No pain
>Thank squat jesus for another day with spinal integrity
>Carry on with my workout

I live in fear of that one rep that will JUST my shit up
>>
3x3 squats is where it's at
fuck 3x5, 5x5, 3x10 etc
>>
>>42822099
here
>>42824570
the thing that really mindfucks me now is that you never know what rep will do it, you would think that brutal grinder reps or reps where there is obvious form breakdown would be the ones getting you hurt, but when i eventually fucked something up it was doing 80% for an easy double

came up after the second rep, piss easy, felt like someone stabbed me in the tailbone
>>
>>42824601
I feel u senpai

I grinded the ugliest reps and be completely fine afterwards

Other day i was warming up with 1pl8 and some change, without paying attention, and my left hip hurt for weeks.

The form autismo definitely isnt a meme
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPOJ0l5xfJE
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.