[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill my boipussi on sardines, i hear they're great. Yesterday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: canned open can.jpg (133KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
canned open can.jpg
133KB, 640x484px
Redpill my boipussi on sardines, i hear they're great. Yesterday i got a tin in tomato sauce, flaked it up in a bowl, added homemade oliveoil mayo, a chopped chilli salt & pepper and 5 drops of tobasco. Had it on a bed of lettuce and spinach.
It didn't taste too fishy at all. Am i doing it right?
Gonna post to ck too because this isn't about that dead bodybuilder and will probably be ignored.
>>
File: nintchdbpict0003450910651.jpg (52KB, 590x582px) Image search: [Google]
nintchdbpict0003450910651.jpg
52KB, 590x582px
What's his name again???
>>
>>42809505
Sardine "4 tins" piana
>>
>>42809489
Actually sounds tasty. Use it however you'd use tuna
>>
:'(
>>
Sardines are pretty great, cheap with a shitload of protein, eating fish in general is good for your joints as well.
Don't know about OP but they make me burp more and the smell can be offputting.
>>
>>42809505
Bacon egg and cheese pinata
>>
I eat it straight from the tin.

It's better than tuna because it has omega-3.
>>
>>42809489
I use them when I'm cutting because they are full of protein and keep you fuller for longer. Only thing I hate is easing the spine.
>>
they are godtier

so is mackarel
>>
File: 1503500487302.jpg (36KB, 400x460px) Image search: [Google]
1503500487302.jpg
36KB, 400x460px
>>42809489
sardines are a god send. some 2200+ omega 3's (both types combined) per 100 grams. thats like 5-6 fucking omega 2 tablets combined.

>>42809505
>>42809537
>>
>>42809489
I just eat olive oil straight from the tin. And yes, good sardines should not taste fishy, and the fish should be FIRM, not loose. At most there may be a slight fishy odor inside but nothing that should linger or radiate from the trash can.

If you actually *Smell* or *taste* anything fishy or strong abort immediately cause yours is compromised. Briesling (what you're most often getting in sardine tins) IMO is pretty mild and sits at a middle point between tilapia and tuna, but in a good way.

Anyway I just get the olive oil kind cause they're 99c a tin and absolutely fucking packed with protein for *very* little calories. Like holy shit is is damn near impossible to find more protein for less.
>>
File: kpop.png (3KB, 247x53px) Image search: [Google]
kpop.png
3KB, 247x53px
>>42810266
this is odd coz once the one i got that were in olive oil turned out to have a stronger sardine smell than the ones i get in sunflower oil.
either way i drain the oil.
what do u mean about firm tho? the ones i get fall apart and break up from any sort of pressure of a fork or spoon. theyre really soft and you can eat the spine and everything. can u elaborate on the whole firm thing please? thanks.
>>
>>42810324
It's going to depend on your brand I guess. Mine is just fillets and doesn't even have the spine in it. The oil can definitely carry a fishy smell, drain/discard. But it shouldn't like, stink up a whole room.

Flake to the fork is what you want, it's fish after all. I just mean it shouldn't be mush
>>
>>42810341
ah ok yeah cool cool. how do you go about eating yours? after a workout, lunch etc. i do post workout dinner. do you think theres a point to timing when it comes to the massive aount of omega 3s?
>>
>>42809489
I've been eating sardines for a while. Pretty good on crackers or plain rice cakes with mystard or hot sauce. Costco brand is the shit.
What I don't understand is how a good brand can easily cost ~$1.50/tin or I can buy some big ass tin literally 4 times the size for $1.70 at the market. The only difference is you have to use a can-opener on it. No pull tabs make it way cheaper.
>>
>>42809940
Tuna has omega-3...
>>
File: King Oscar.jpg (130KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
King Oscar.jpg
130KB, 768x512px
>>42809489
They're a bit on the pricey end, but King Oscar has the best canned sardines in my opinion

>>42809940
Also better than tuna because they're low on the food chain, and resultantly have much lower levels of mercury

>>42809967
Boneless & Skinless usually costs like 20 cents more, but they'll get rid of the spine and most if not all of the ribs. I used to like the crunch but not any more
>>
>>42809489
sardines are shittier kippers.
>>
>>42812525
So much calcium in the bones though my man

Do kippers taste fishy?
>>
>>42812525
I usually get kippered herring.
It has more protein than sardines.
>>
>not liking the fishy taste

You might be gay.
>>
>>42809489
Make sure you guys check what country that shit was caught in before you buy it.
Even a single brand will sometimes source from several different countries.
If it says product of canada, germany, etc its ok.
Sometimes it will say product of china, or some other sketchy 3rd world shithole, so watch out.
>>
>>42813135
It's possible
>>
I eat my sardines with wholemeal bread for maximum protein gains.
>>
>>42812525

King Oscar are god tier sardines. I never really ate sardines until I ate King Oscar and I don't think I'm going to eat other brands because there is no reason to.

I bought a pack of 12 of the jalapeno on Amazon for ~$40, which is a bit expensive but not really considering the protein + omega 3 stats.

I eat them straight up on crackers, but they would probably go well with hot sauce, mustard or on a salad.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.