[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck I've been swimming ~1h a day everyday for 3 weeks,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1421500334397.png (4KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1421500334397.png
4KB, 192x192px
Holy fuck I've been swimming ~1h a day everyday for 3 weeks, and it feels so fucking better than lifting weight! Plus it's fun, too. Can I get somewhat shreded or will I "just" be lean and toned?
>>
I hope you drown
>>
>>42803752

D:
>>
I was a high school swimmer

Yes you can lose weight swimming (I regard it as the only acceptable form of cardio), but you'll never be a strong swimmer unless you also work out.

Also if all you want to do is lose weight and "tone" you could just eat less.
>>
>>42803888

I'm swimming because I'm on vacations and there happens to be a free swimming pool.
>>
>>42803966
You're on vacation and they're force feeding you? Eat less if you want to lose weight, it'll take you ages longer if you're just gonna do it by swimming
>>
File: WO0fKqa.png (329KB, 310x457px) Image search: [Google]
WO0fKqa.png
329KB, 310x457px
Fucking do both.
What the fuck is wrong with this board? You need to do both cardio and weights for optimal health. Neglecting one or the other is failing to maximize well being.
The fact that a majority of this board unironically thinks that cardio somehow kills your gains is a testament to the fact their definition of fitness is highly skewed.
>>
>>42804011

I know, but I'm trying out many of the local beers. Plus I wasn't planning to lose weight since I'm like 65kg, I just noticed that was pretty efficient.
>>
>>42803721
Join a masters swim team if you want to get "shredded"

I guarantee you're not pushing yourself as hard as a coach would. And you shouldn't expect to get buff like from lifting weights but there is a resistance-training portion to swimming so you'll get some muscles.

Swimming frequently is actually incredibly good for you, especially if you swim in saline rather than chlorinated pools.

I've gotta get back into it.
>>
>>42803721
Swimming won't make your muscles huge but it will greatly help with imbalances. Like Pilates it will develop those muscles you wouldn't normally be able to work out in the gym. It will not give you huge biceps but it will develop each small muscle more fully.
>>
>>42803721
you will never be anything other than ottermode. check out olympic dudes - dudes with full-time commitment and upper 0.001% genetics, who do sprint style swims - that's he best any human in the world can expect.

chances are you'll look like every other above average swimmer, which basically looks like a person with low bodyfat and nothing more. if you prioritize aesthetics, ditch this idea before you get disappointed, especially a fucking hour a day.

pic related swam the english channel lmao.
>>
I know a top ranked swimmer, 20+hrs/week on top of a science degree at a good uni, and he looks pretty amazing, but he credits a lot of this to lifting weights as part of the training
>>
>>42803721
>tfw no swimtwink bf
>>
>>42803721
post body
>>
>>42803721

No fucking idea, but this is my absolute favorite PS1 game.
>>
>>42803752
Kys negative nigger
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.