[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

newfag here, i read the sticky and ordered this bad boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: solid-99kg.jpg (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
solid-99kg.jpg
46KB, 800x800px
newfag here, i read the sticky and ordered this bad boy
was it a mistake
>>
File: 1345339657619.jpg (413KB, 1303x839px) Image search: [Google]
1345339657619.jpg
413KB, 1303x839px
you can squat, OHP, bench there np. Plus do some leg accessories, curls, lying tricep extensions.

Suggest some floor matting, a pull up bar, and some more weight but otherwise you're good
>>
>>42797783
when should i use the straight barbell and when the short curved one
>>
should have just opted for a power rack imo
>>
>>42797758
should have just paid for a gym membership
>>
>>42797798
Squigly wonky bonky bar for bicep curls, skullcrushers or doing forearms etc. Straight bar for bench, squat, dl and also if you wanna work biceps from different angle.
>>
>>42797758
yes.
>>
>>42797798
the short curved one is for reducing wrist strain in curls and skullcrushers, basically anything where you're holding the bar in front of you

it's called an "ez-curl bar", look it up if you get stuck

straight bar is for every compound lift, don't even think about using the curly one for squat/bench/dead/ohp/row etc

you haven't made a mistake, this is good gear, just you could have definitely gone cheaper
>>
>>42797758
>was it a mistake
not gonna make it
>>
File: zfc.jpg (67KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
zfc.jpg
67KB, 800x800px
>>42797839
thanks, and what are these for
>>
I also fell for the gear meme and bought a set that seems rather identical to OP's, although mine does have more weight/varying plates. Also got some floor matting.

>>42797783
suggested a pull up bar. Anything else I should add to the home set up? Just made more sense to own (paid less for what I got than about a half a year at a gym) and its all there ready to go without needing to drive back and forth to the gym, saving a lot of time. Also not comfortable working out in front of other people.
>>
>having multiple plates for anything but 20s
>>
>>42797871
flyes
>>
>>42797783
>a pull up bar
do you need the one that you attach to the wall or does the door one do the job as well?
>>
>>42798029
this.
be sure to buy another bar so you can do barbell flyes as well.
>>
I had something like this and it was flimsy piece of shit, the metal you could just bend with your hand and the recommended limit was something like 60 kg
>>
File: sml-1-squat-stand-lg.jpg (48KB, 844x532px) Image search: [Google]
sml-1-squat-stand-lg.jpg
48KB, 844x532px
>No spotter bars
Should've gone this route
>>
>>42797758
>not a rack
>not 50mm holes
>not an olympic barbell
>flimsy bench
>no place to do pull ups or dips
just buy a gym membership until you can buy some real equipment
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.