[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does saturated fat actually cause heart disease? or is it just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Blog-image-bread.jpg (231KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
Blog-image-bread.jpg
231KB, 650x400px
Does saturated fat actually cause heart disease?

or is it just sugar and grain industry lies?
>>
>>42791194
Spiking insulin causes heart disease.
>>
It does raise your risk of developing heart disease and if you let tumblr images and conspiracy theories convince you others, you're too gullible to trust your own thinking.
>>
>>42791205

How does that work exactly?
>>
>>42791194
Clogged arteries do. And if you are a fat lazy cunt who doesn't actually want to exercise and lose weight, then you might want to avoid saturated fat and cholesterol. Because they will give fat lazy cunts clogged arteries and high blood pressure.
>>
>>42791274

And if you're a thin active cunt, but it'll take a bit longer.
>>
>>42791259
Eating carbs spikes your insulin. Western diets include too many carbs. Too many carbs and fat is terrible and will cause heart disease. Fat consumption with little to no carbs is not, and it will not make your body produce insulin
>>
>>42791194
Wasn't there this new paper that showed how it's carbs and not fats responsible for heart disease?
>>
How the fuck would bread (carbs) cause heart disease, when this type of food goes through a process in the body which stores it in several areas such as your liver and muscle tissue first, primarily for energy usage. In fact if you're active at all most of the carbs you eat get used for energy and don't even stay in the body.

Meanwhile all the fat in butter literally attaches to your body as fat without undergoing barely any process within the body, lining itself in both fat cells and in arteries. All of the dietary fat you eat becomes bodyfat, it's not used as a primary fuel source like carbs are. Doctors can even tell what kind of fat you have on you and where that fat came from, that's how little process the body breaks down fat, that shit just attaches itself to your body like aids.

Just ask yourself, would you rather eat 200g of sugar every day, or the same calories equivalent in fat? I'd rather eat 200g sugar because I can be active and use that sugar to fuel my lifestyle without any health risk, and I'll have a better body-composition due to the thermic effect of carbs and an active lifestyle.

Meanwhile the fat isn't going to do anything to increase performance, it's just going to cause health issues like high cholesterol and worse body composition because dietary fat has literally 0 thermic effect.

But oh it's the carbs that do it......sure thing buddy.
>>
Populations with highest intake of calories from carbs = no heart disease epidemic. (Eastern World)

Populations with highest intake of fats = heart disease epidemic. (Western World)

Geee I wonder what causes heart disease.
>>
>>42791308
Excessive cholesterol does go through the body.
But it has a reason to do that.
It's to seal off arteries that have holes in the lining. A small amount of cholesterol will go plug up a whole in the lining of the artery till it heals and then bobs your uncle.

A carb heavy diet and heavy cholesterol consumption = completely clogged arteries and giant clumps that find their way into your heart or other parts of your body and fucks things up.

Also you're wrong.
Fat and cholesterol does increase performance. It's been noted by everyone that it boosts tests and increases strength muscle growth and a sense of well being.
>>
>>42791291

Whatever you mean by "spikes insulin" and ignoring that you will produce insulin no matter what you eat, how would that itself cause heart disease? With scientific references.
>>
>>42791359
Who the fuck that lifts weights has a high carb diet and a high fat diet?

That's just non sense.

As a lifter if you actually follow a proper diet you either have one of the following intakes

1: high fat, moderate protein, low carb

Or

2: high carb, moderate protein, low fat

I've never heard of anyone who lifts and has a decent diet eat any other way, the fact you focus on protein intake automatically stops your diet from consisting of both too many carbs and too many fats
>>
>>42791359

By plugging a hole until it heals you mean it builds up as plaque in the arteries, which eventually ruptures and causes a heart attack or stroke.

It's in the absence of cholesterol that arteries can heal. Here's a study on mice where mice with very high cholesterol developed severe atherosclerosis, but when they transplanted the diseased artery into a mouse with low cholesterol, the plaques dissolve away almost enitrely.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11533609

This "cholesterol is there to heal your arteries" idea is horse shit. If you want to heal arterial damage, don't eat artery-damaging foods (like saturated fats) and eat more green vegetables that help produce nitric oxide.
>>
File: Untitled 1.jpg (13KB, 483x132px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 1.jpg
13KB, 483x132px
>>42791400
endurance cardio + lifting kinda allow you to eat high everything and stay lean
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.