[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the hooded gym roider gave me advice today on my squat >he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1501748763133.jpg (92KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
1501748763133.jpg
92KB, 420x294px
>the hooded gym roider gave me advice today on my squat
>he said i had the rack set too high
>i dont know how to feel about this
>on the one hand im happy that someone talked to me at the gym, first time this year
>on the other im not to sure to take his advice because he only uses the smith machine
do i talk to him next time and ask him if there is any advice about my deadlift? try get a bit acquainted and maybe ask for some roids later on in the future??
>>
>>42788618
I hate when people give me unsolicited advice on anything, mostly because I feel like they are being pretentious cunts to go out of their way to tell a stranger how to live his life.

Or maybe I am autistic.
>>
>he said i had the rack set too high
this is a pretty common problem
>>
>>42788618
well how high do you usually have it
>>
>>42788643
It's something I only recently realised too, I used to go slightly on my toes to get that bar off, now I just squat it off, easier to rack and re rack
>>
>>42788643
>>42788649
i had the rack set just about so i have to basically walk out perfectly straight and evenly without it hitting the rack holder thingy.
ive seen in some videos saying that it is sort of bad to have it low because it forces you to set up in a bad position
>>
>>42788668
Yeah you wanna put the bar kins of low. You want to have to "pop up" with the bar before you walk out with it. Otherwise it'll be hard to rack after your set. I used to squat 4x a week. I perfected muh squat only to realize my ass was the only thing really growing
>>
>>42788668
>ive seen in some videos saying that it is sort of bad to have it low because it forces you to set up in a bad position

It's bad because you leave no margin of error for re racking the weight. It is a safety issue which is why he probably said something.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.